First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Firefighter
Good step by step, thanks for taking the time to create it.

How are you handling the wheel size change in the infotainment? I had Rivian service change my wheels/tires from 22” to 20” last summer and they couldn’t figure out how to change the info to reflect the change. So my truck still claims I’m rolling around on the 22”, instead of 20”. All OEM wheels/tires, not aftermarket.

Rivian service wants to charge me $200 to make the update to the vehicle information. Mind you, Rivian service did all the work. And yes, it has been 6+ months now of trying to get this sorted out.
I have a set of 21" wheels and a set of 20" wheels with Blizzak LT snow tires. When the service center made the change for me, it is reflected in my info and the picture is now with the 20" wheels.

When I first made my service appointment last fall, they told me that it is now an over-the-air update to make the change and they were going to push the update for me. The over-the-air updated did not work for me and I had to make a service appointment.
Sponsored

Acrahen

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra TRD Pro, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
Did they ever figure this out? I want to do the same.

Good step by step, thanks for taking the time to create it.

How are you handling the wheel size change in the infotainment? I had Rivian service change my wheels/tires from 22” to 20” last summer and they couldn’t figure out how to change the info to reflect the change. So my truck still claims I’m rolling around on the 22”, instead of 20”. All OEM wheels/tires, not aftermarket.

Rivian service wants to charge me $200 to make the update to the vehicle information. Mind you, Rivian service did all the work. And yes, it has been 6+ months now of trying to get this sorted out.

ScottnAZ

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T (White,BM,22’s), 1966 C10 (SB,BBW,SBC327)
Occupation
Design/Build Remodel Contractor
Clubs

Did they ever figure this out? I want to do the same.
This has not been sorted out. The Phoenix service center and I seem to be at a standoff….. they claim I can’t bring the truck in unless I sign the preliminary work order, and I’m not willing to agree to any possibility of paying $200 to bring it in. So, here we stand.

(to be fair, I’m 45 minutes from the service center and not in a hurry to drive across town to exchange for a Dodge Neon while they have my truck)

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

This has not been sorted out. The Phoenix service center and I seem to be at a standoff….. they claim I can’t bring the truck in unless I sign the preliminary work order, and I’m not willing to agree to any possibility of paying $200 to bring it in. So, here we stand.

(to be fair, I’m 45 minutes from the service center and not in a hurry to drive across town to exchange for a Dodge Neon while they have my truck)
I wouldn't worry about it, as far as I can tell it makes almost zero difference - perhaps a small factor in the 'range' remaining calculation. I have had half a dozen different wheels / sizes and tires on my R1T, no issue.
Sponsored