JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicles
E39 M5, Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Scooter
I'm surprised people would be buying a Rivian if they don't think the management team is competent enough to make better decisions than random people on the internet.
Well said, IPO or a buyout is likely necessary for long term viability.

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The fact that it specifically says IPO & that Rivian has been seeking advice from bankers definitely leads me to believe it is an actual IPO and not a SPAC. IPO is a much more involved process, but would provide Rivian more control & flexibility.

I'm also in the "why now" camp, but we have no way to know the goals, timeline, and capital requirements of what they're trying to achieve as a result of going public...

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Goldwing
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Asking out of curiosity: how would employees in parts sourcing or on the assembly line be affected by Rivian's IPO efforts? Wouldn't the IPO responsibilities primarily fall on the C-team, accounting, etc?
It may not directly affect the guy tightening lug nuts, at first, but it's going to affect management at all levels, and that will affect production. Also, once Rivian goes public, they won't have full control over their direction, and that worries me.

Tesla went public much sooner than they wanted to, but the need to raise money forced their hand. Rivian doesn't have that problem. I really think they're better served by staying private a little longer.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent, Honda Accord hybrid
Occupation
Construction Management
I agree with Commodore that Rivian has been making good design decisions without to much investor influence

A counterpoint to Mreda would be that I baught a Ford in the past and they have made some lousy decisions in the past and while I've never owned a GM or Diamler Chrystler, or whatever they are now, I would say the average schmuck could better lead those companies.

Also members of this forum seem to be very intelligent and have good insight. I know of gotten some good perspectives I wouldn't have considered here.

thrill

First Name
billy
Reaction score
First Name
billy
Vehicles
i3s, z4m, hp4, (r1t)
The fact that it specifically says IPO & that Rivian has been seeking advice from bankers definitely leads me to believe it is an actual IPO and not a SPAC. IPO is a much more involved process, but would provide Rivian more control & flexibility.

I'm also in the "why now" camp, but we have no way to know the goals, timeline, and capital requirements of what they're trying to achieve as a result of going public...
"IPO" is often, and almost by default, now used to mean any of the myriad of ways of becoming a publicly traded company.

Reactions: Cam

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey will become an R1T
Occupation
Teacher
Like Apple before this, I’ll toss money into the stock and see what happens. Multiplied my Apple stock by roughly 40 over 16 years. Rivian will be around a while, so let’s see where it goes.

JDMD

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Physician
Asking out of curiosity: how would employees in parts sourcing or on the assembly line be affected by Rivian's IPO efforts? Wouldn't the IPO responsibilities primarily fall on the C-team, accounting, etc?
I sure hope they give us an opportunity to invest. That would be great!

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Reaction score
First Name
Ike
Vehicles
2017 X 100D, 2020 3 SR+
Occupation
Food
I'm excited about the prospects and discussed Rivian with my broker months ago. While difficult for us little guys, he's going to try to get me in on the IPO. If not, I'll buy a few shares when it is publicly available.

Advertisement

Advertisement