Sponsored

boneil1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I doubt it will matter much, but hopefully with the delays and current market environment with other EV start ups, we can get a much better valuation on the IPO. $70 billion is astronomical.
Sponsored

Nuclearn8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 GX460, '05 Corolla
predicting a $45b valuation primary supported by projections of EU and USA government subsidies and financial incentives/support to drive sales and government procurements. I mean how can the US NP And Forestry service not have orders in for R1S's and R1T's?...
If the current administration isn't willing to make this purchase and commitment from Rivian what does that say about their conviction of the EV infrastructure (the govt could build the charging infrastructure on this govt owned land).
Watch what people do more than what they say... words are cheap, action is hard.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I mean how can the US NP And Forestry service not have orders in for R1S's and R1T's?...
If the current administration isn't willing to make this purchase and commitment from Rivian what does that say about their conviction of the EV infrastructure (the govt could build the charging infrastructure on this govt owned land).
Watch what people do more than what they say... words are cheap, action is hard.
the government ordering up a bunch of $70,000 luxury SUVs and trucks isn’t a good look. Even if they’re electric.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
the government ordering up a bunch of $70,000 luxury SUVs and trucks isn’t a good look. Even if they’re electric.
Agree. Between price, competitive bid requirements and politics, when they go EV trucks, it will be $40k-$50k versions of the F150 and Silverado.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
They are not made by a politically acceptable manufacturer.
The last 3 GSA-purchased cars that my agency has had were all Hyundai. We haven’t had a union-made car in at least 8 years.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Agree. Between price, competitive bid requirements and politics, when they go EV trucks, it will be $40k-$50k versions of the F150 and Silverado.
It’s possible that rivian makes a fleet spec truck of some sort in future, but they don’t really need that market.
I do wonder if they will make non-Amazon vans in the near term

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
It’s possible that rivian makes a fleet spec truck of some sort in future, but they don’t really need that market.
I do wonder if they will make non-Amazon vans in the near term
They could repurpose their Amazon vans and totally serve the USPS EV requirements with a whole lot less drama that has existed in that debacle so far.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
They could repurpose their Amazon vans and totally serve the USPS EV requirements with a whole lot less drama that has existed in that debacle so far.
I don't think the powers that be actually want the USPS issues to be solved.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
The PO and government were all in agreement that the new delivery van should be electric. So after consideration USPS awarded the contract to Oshkosh. Workhorse has protested but I doubt they have a chance. I don't think they can come up with the consideration required and I don't think they have the right kind of workers.
Sponsored

Last edited: