First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
I upgraded over the weekend while away at a race track. Camping mode was welcome, but what I really noticed was the improved phone key behavior. Just walk up to the truck and as I'm getting close to the door, the handles pop out. WAY better then before.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I upgraded over the weekend while away at a race track. Camping mode was welcome, but what I really noticed was the improved phone key behavior. Just walk up to the truck and as I'm getting close to the door, the handles pop out. WAY better then before.
It's still hit or miss for me. This morning I had to whip my phone out and unlock. Once I got in the truck it wasn't letting me drive away until I cycled bluetooth off and on on my phone.

Dr. Byrd

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2001 Mustang GT convertible
Occupation
Professor, consultant, farmer
I used a GPS to check my speedo before, it just "felt" high to me. Compared to my GPS, it was almost 4 mph high at 70. After upgrading, it "feels" a lot better. Have not gotten the GPS back out yet, but I'll take it.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I was hopeful that this OTA update was going to fix the issue where the truck constantly switches the profile to my wife, but sadly it did not. Any time I open the door for my wife, when I walk to the driver seat it's moving the seat into her position and I can't get in since we have a significant height difference. She has to change it to my profile and I have to stand and wait for the seat to move back so that I can actually get in.

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I was hopeful that this OTA update was going to fix the issue where the truck constantly switches the profile to my wife, but sadly it did not. Any time I open the door for my wife, when I walk to the driver seat it's moving the seat into her position and I can't get in since we have a significant height difference. She has to change it to my profile and I have to stand and wait for the seat to move back so that I can actually get in.
Have you asked the truck what you have done for this treatment? You must have upset her. :p

Sponsored

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Yep I have the same problem...the Rivian definitely likes her better and picks her profile every time.

HimuraMOdo

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Blue R1T Adventure+22" ; 14 Durango
Occupation
Engineer
Tried the "Stay Off" mode after lunch today and already found a bug. The ventilated seat didn't get turned off in that mode. Reported. Hopefully fixed in the next OTA update.

pwilson662

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tundra
Anyone else's ventilated seats stop working after the update?

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Anyone else's ventilated seats stop working after the update?
So far this OTA is net sum negative, maybe a push:
Improved
Speedo now 1 mph over actual
FOB alarm - audible

Negative
PAAK - no improvement maybe worse
Ventilated seats - no workee!!!
Dome interior lights - reset to off
TuneIn favorites - erased
What else was reset and has to be programmed - time will tell.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

You guys all had me worried that the ventilated seats weren't going to work. I LOVE my ventilated seats, especially with this 110 heat every day for the past week or so. I did try to turn on the seat and noticed that it was only turning on the heated seat. But, pressed on the Temperature to bring up the climate controls, at the bottom left, was able to select the cooled seats and it works just fine. Thank goodness.

One other positive I do notice is that the extreme phantom drain I was experiencing after the previous update has apparently been corrected. Was losing some 20 miles per day after the last update. Now back down to about 5 miles per day.

Sponsored

ccmun

First Name
Silva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T, KTM 1290
Occupation
Tech Consulting
Window venting feature does not work for me. Called Rivian and they had me open/close my windows to calibrate, but no luck. Waiting to hear back from them on this.

Rivian R1T R1S Release Notes for Software Update Version 2022.31.5 IMG_1776.PNG

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
You guys all had me worried that the ventilated seats weren't going to work. I LOVE my ventilated seats, especially with this 110 heat every day for the past week or so. I did try to turn on the seat and noticed that it was only turning on the heated seat. But, pressed on the Temperature to bring up the climate controls, at the bottom left, was able to select the cooled seats and it works just fine. Thank goodness.

One other positive I do notice is that the extreme phantom drain I was experiencing after the previous update has apparently been corrected. Was losing some 20 miles per day after the last update. Now back down to about 5 miles per day.
I tried...no luck, ventilated seats are now Dead. Like you heated seats work.

Edit: just realized I only did a display reset today when radio was dead on entering for first time since update. Maybe I need to do a full reset.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I tried...no luck, ventilated seats are now Dead. Like you heated seats work.

Edit: just realized I only did a display reset today when radio was dead on entering for first time since update. Maybe I need to do a full reset.
I honestly don't remember how it was set up before. Got the truck in June, thus have had no need for heated seats and have never tried them. I always just tapped the seat icon and it turned on the cooled seats. Given, every other time, the AC was on. I didn't try that. Had AC off, and when I tapped the seat icon on the main screen, it turned on "Red" for the heated seats.

Then tapped the temperature setting to bring up the full screen climate controls On the left column, the last two icons are both seat icons. The bottom one activates the cooled seats. The one just above it activates the heated seats. I tapped on the bottom one and the cooled seats worked again.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
Power steering is now turned off when the truck is "off".

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Power steering is now turned off when the truck is "off".
Guess they're finding these idle drain improvements by killing things that don't need to be on. It has to be done 20-30% on average since launch.
Sponsored