Sponsored

Receiver Hitch only on Adventure Package?

Bpcunning

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 Charger R/T, ‘20 Explorer ST
Occupation
Mech. Engineer
I read a few posts recently about updates to the configurator, so I thought I'd play with my options a bit to see if anything had changed from what I remembered. This may have already been in the older graphics, but to me, it looks like the cover for the receiver hitch is only shown on the Adventure Package. See the difference in the profile and 3/4, with the bulge for (presumably) the receiver only on the Adventure (in blue), and a smooth contour shown on Explore (silver).

I may be reading into renders too much here, and the FAQ says
The R1T and R1S both come standard with an integrated 2” Class V receiver that is located behind a removable cover on the rear of the vehicle.
but it seems like either an intentional representation change and more differences in the trim packages, or perhaps only the R1T Adventure renders have been updated. Of note, both trims for the R1S look like a smooth cover, just like the R1T Explore.

Rivian R1T R1S Receiver Hitch only on Adventure Package? R1T Side hitch cover

Rivian R1T R1S Receiver Hitch only on Adventure Package? R1T 3_4 hitch cover
Sponsored

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If it's publicly announced (ie. on their FAQ), then expect it to be there.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

The
I read a few posts recently about updates to the configurator, so I thought I'd play with my options a bit to see if anything had changed from what I remembered. This may have already been in the older graphics, but to me, it looks like the cover for the receiver hitch is only shown on the Adventure Package. See the difference in the profile and 3/4, with the bulge for (presumably) the receiver only on the Adventure (in blue), and a smooth contour shown on Explore (silver).

I may be reading into renders too much here, and the FAQ says but it seems like either an intentional representation change and more differences in the trim packages, or perhaps only the R1T Adventure renders have been updated. Of note, both trims for the R1S look like a smooth cover, just like the R1T Explore.

R1T Side hitch cover.png

R1T 3_4 hitch cover.png
If you add the Off-Road Upgrade to the Explore package the bumper profile changes. I think this could mean two things: 1) There really is no standard hitch in the base Explore package, or more likely 2) The profile difference has to do with the ruggedization of the underbody for the Off-Road upgrade.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I was under the impression the receiver was integral to the frame. I'd be surprised if it's not standard on every R1T/R1S.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

The tow hooks change on the front when you change that maybe its the same on the back?

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Hitch is standard, tow hooks, front and back, only come with the adventure package.

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
It has to be some kind of shielding IMO

felix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350 Power Stroke Crew Cab
Occupation
retired
What's with the Yahoo thing when installing media 10?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
What's with the Yahoo thing when installing media 10?
More than likely a Tesla trojan that wants your computer to post things like this on a Rivian forum.
Sponsored