Sponsored

Range Test Towing a nuCamp Tab400

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
Please more pictures! That’s gorgeous!
Very nice. Impressively light weight for the size. And aerodynamic. However I'll still be surprised if you don't take at least around 40% hit based on all the extensive towing reports/data I've seen.
Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I will be towing this 1948 curtis wright clipper when I get my R1T, only weights 2100 pounds, 22' and very aerodynamic
Very nice. Impressively light weight for the size. And aerodynamic.
I agree that you have a very nice trailer there. Not only good looking but light weight and practical. It's beautiful. A lot of us would gladly buy that from you in an instant.

But I disagree about the "aerodynamic" part. People say that about Airstreams too, but like most travel trailers they're still just bricks. Bricks with some rounded corners, true, but bricks nonetheless. Trailers shaped like this are a little more efficient to tow than squared-off trailers, but not that much more. For towing, the aerodynamic drag is far more important than the weight, so while the low weight of the trailer makes it a lot more manageable for most tow vehicles, the drag is still going to cause a huge hit on the range.

Regardless, I hope you get a lot of pleasure out of that trailer. Paired with a Rivian, that seems a pretty ideal setup to me.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

We'll be towing this occasionally. About 4000lb when all of junk is inside. As others have said, weight isn't so much an issue because that same mass regenerates power slowing down but wind resistance is the issue. California has traffic and a 55mph towing limit so it'll be interesting trying it at a leisurely pace.
Rivian R1T R1S Range Test Towing a nuCamp Tab400 NVE00002

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs