Sponsored

Radio Question?

Fmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 wrangler
My understanding is that there is no carplay, no USB, nad no Bluetooth? Therefore i must listen to AM/FM radio or subscribe to the ATT hotspot to listen to Spotify. Is this correct or am i missing something?

Thanks
Sponsored

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
My understanding is that there is no carplay, no USB, nad no Bluetooth? Therefore i must listen to AM/FM radio or subscribe to the ATT hotspot to listen to Spotify. Is this correct or am i missing something?

Thanks
No CarPlay, and no USB (not 100% confirmed), but there is definitely Bluetooth.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I didn't see amazon music in there but that's just an app that can be added. I use Pandora and amazon music so I hope those get added.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I didn't see amazon music in there but that's just an app that can be added. I use Pandora and amazon music so I hope those get added.
I prefer Spotify to Amazon Music (I have some pretty eclectic tastes, and Amazon doesn't have as much selection for me). That said, I much prefer Amazon being able to download without a premium service subscription, which is what I use when I can't get signal. So it'd be nice to have both.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I'll be asking lots of audio related questions when I visit the Venice Experience Center!

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Have we even seen AM/FM confirmed? A lot of electric vehicles are getting rid of AM radio due to the interference the motors cause from what I've read.

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
CEO
There will definitely be Bluetooth connectivity (Owners Manual-page 54) which should provide a full range of listening options, i.e., Spotify, serious/XM, Pandora, personal library, et cetera. I am disappointed there will not be Android Auto on board.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'll be asking lots of audio related questions when I visit the Venice Experience Center!
Ask if they are using Qualcomm's Lossless bluetooth tech. :cool:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Have we even seen AM/FM confirmed? A lot of electric vehicles are getting rid of AM radio due to the interference the motors cause from what I've read.
Did not see anything about AM but we did see FM and HD. With FM/HD you can find a lot of AM radio stations on some of the sub digital channels, for example

KNX 1070 Newsradio - KRTH-HD2 - FM 101.1 - Los Angeles, CA

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
No CarPlay, and no USB (not 100% confirmed), but there is definitely Bluetooth.
From the manual for R1T, there _is_ a USB port listed as being able to "read data". However, when I asked at the Venice event I was told that this doesn't mean there is an ability to play music from it. There is definitely Bluetooth connectivity. But, no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Did not see anything about AM but we did see FM and HD. With FM/HD you can find a lot of AM radio stations on some of the sub digital channels, for example

I'm really hoping HD Radio makes it as I use it regularly with some good local substations. While not the best for longer journeys, 99% of my usage will be within range.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram

AWESOME. If you saw substations, it had HD radio. I'm surprised this is not in the manual.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'd be willing to bet no. I haven't seen it in an EV or even a PHEV that I can recall for that exactly reason.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I'd be willing to bet no. I haven't seen it in an EV or even a PHEV that I can recall for that exactly reason.
My 2016 Model S has am/fm/hd fm.
Sponsored