Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Dam…. That Bronco is hideous looking.

the RT1 is drop dead gorgeous in comparison.

please Rivian, ship some TODAY.

Last edited:

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
If this photo had been posted anywhere else, I'm not even sure I would've noticed the Rivian beyond the ugliness of that Bronco. First time I've seen the 4-door soft top, and I've gotta say, I find it hideous. This from someone that generally likes the new Bronco (Sport not so much).

Tags do look temporary on the R1T though.
I thought I liked the Bronco but that Looks like a Mini Cooperando a Hummer had a baby … ?

Driveout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
I didn't realize the Bronco was so big. The almost corner markers are a giveaway for the full sized Bronco. The markers are an interesting choice for styling but not really on the corners and just more aero drag. I bet it's pretty good off road as they were chasing the Wrangler. The Rivian just looks so much simpler and less busy while being purposeful and direct.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The other thing that makes a big difference in my opinion is soft top vs hard top. I'm not a big fan of the soft top.

With that said, I agree, the ones you've seen are probably Bronco sports. There are very few of the full sized Broncos on the road as Ford has had huge issues with production (mostly related to the hard top). I haven't seen any of the full sized Broncos on the road.
And 4 vs 2 door.

Sponsored

battleborn

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
defender 110
Occupation
sales
Clubs

The angle of these photos makes it hard to compare size. I have see a Sasqwatch Bronco in person and was impress with how big it was- I hope the Riv isnt too small...

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
That Bronco just looks... frumpy. I think it's the combination of the 4-doors, soft-top, and non-Sasquatch wheels and tires. The latter probably makes the biggest impact.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
If this photo had been posted anywhere else, I'm not even sure I would've noticed the Rivian beyond the ugliness of that Bronco. First time I've seen the 4-door soft top, and I've gotta say, I find it hideous. This from someone that generally likes the new Bronco (Sport not so much).

Tags do look temporary on the R1T though.
I agree! I've been loving everything I've seen of the new Bronco, but have to admit I think the 4-door looks like dogshit.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

My neighbor has a 4 door Bronco with the Badlands trim. I thought it looked pretty cool until he added a bunch of plastic black trim junk from Ford’s parts catalog.

The one shot that is always lacking in these posts are the vehicles lined up in profile.

Sponsored

EVMatthew22

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla ModelY P, '19 Tahoe Midnight Edition
Occupation
Biz Owner: Digital Marketing, Roofing, Construction
Clubs

I came across this on the Bronco6g forum.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-vs-rivian-r1t-pics.24917/

Nice size comparison. Also, I can't quite see if the Rivian has temporary plates. Maybe another customer delivery (or one of the ones we've already seen)?

BD8DBBEE-9C3B-4C53-99F9-33D4E40C4541.jpeg

69F5CBB8-01F0-4EBD-8D67-2E42F8917D3F.jpeg

DF54DC8A-44D5-486D-81FC-93BD9E273AAB.jpeg

27954901-B04E-4231-AB26-82E49F60B9E3.jpeg
Not for nothing, but from a mathematical point of view, this is a horrible comparison. Each photo is photographed to make the Bronco look bigger than it is. The top photo has the Bronco a full parking spot in front. Second pic shot at an wide angle clearly favoring the Bronco, 3rd - this is more telling of the size comparison. Last pic is the same thing.

The Bronco looks SUPER SMALL in person ( IMHO ) Feels very "Ford" to me

I was at the Rivian first drive event on Oct. 1st in Normal. The R1T's were substantial but not too beefy. I really wanted to drive in an R1S which I have a preorder on. I was highly highly impressed with the R1T's. Gorgeous all around. Build quality is impeccable.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I agree! I've been loving everything I've seen of the new Bronco, but have to admit I think the 4-door looks like dogshit.
The 4-door only looks good with the Sasquatch package or similar aftermarket lift on 35’s. Ford’s soft-top is a saggy piece of shit. The BesTop soft top is way better looking for those willing to go aftermarket. I’m not a fan of their grey MIC top either…. I’m not a fan of plastic/fiberglass tops. Ford did a great job on the chassis and overall design of the Bronco. The top and accessories options are severely lacking though and the entire launch has been a disaster. Having test driven one I have to say they drive great.
Sponsored