Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

****PSA****For anyone moving forward with your order, or making jokes saying, "awesome, now I'll jump up in line":

1) Yes, Rivian screwing over it's most loyal customer base is a 'first world problem', but many of your peers have been daydreaming about this truck for years. Be respectful. Not everyone has unlimited funds, and perhaps has been budgeting a (ballpark) price for many years to make this purchase come true for their family.

2) If you move forward with your pre-order, despite being bent over by Rivian (repeatedly), you'll be somewhat of a scab crossing the picket line. While you're driving your Rivian all high and mighty, you'll have many groups of people snickering at you. Anyone who wanted a Rivian will know you're a scab. And anyone who watches the news will know money means little to you. I wouldn't want to be the one guy in a parking lot with a brand new Rivian - that's just me. A stigma has not been created. Good luck getting over that hump, Rivian...
Jesus H Christ.

Go take a walk outside.
Sponsored

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

I love online speculation with zero evidence.

Price increase caused by new Georgia plant.... It hasn't even broken ground yet
Price increase was never an option..... the website said price could change
Price increase only after stock 'blah blah'..... WTF
Price increase because of X..........

Let's be realistic here. The cost of goods has gone up, period. You can argue corporate greed, not made in America, butterfly wings in the forrest. Doesn't matter the fact is a tire costs X more today than it did 6 months ago. We could go buy another vehicle and pay a premium on that compared to what we would of paid pre-pandemic. We could wait and see if it comes back down. Or we could all just put on our big boy pants and decide that we either see value in the Rivian product or we don't.

For me if the Audi Etron range was over 300 I would switch today but it isn't. So to get an SUV that isn't a Tesla with these features and range your choice is Rivian or nothing.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Before I forget! I

Yes, you should absolutely expect that.

Land Rover and Ram didn't pull a bait and switch on folks who waited 3+ years.
If you think people should expect to be harassed for owning a car, you need help.

What a sad world we live in.

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
Not me personally, but humans do such things for such reasons ??‍♂

Post the video when it happens please
Will be on youtube, or in the hands of our great local PD. Unless I catch the prick, then I might be in their hands lol.

Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Rivian should have known for a long period how much they are going to lose on each vehicle, they could have raised the prices multiple times in the past and allow preorder holders to lock-in.

I was thinking about canceling all night as a principle I went ahead and cancelled my R1S - LE.

I don’t want to trust an upcoming startup that has no respect for ethics and moral values.

if they screw so much even before paying them our hard earned money think what they can do afterwards. What if they screw up the service? What if they raise price of spare parts crazy? What if they don’t honor warranties? What are the chances Rivian will survive?

garthkoyle

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14' Honda Odyssey, 2020 Lincoln Navigator L Reserve
This explains how they were going to deliver all the launch editions and adventure trims so quickly. Seems like it was planned since before IPO.
And why they slowed deliveries though they have inventory parked outside the factory.

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
This really sucks.. $78K for a truck (electric or not) is already steep. Now my config is up to $94K. Told my better half the news, the look I got was all that was needed to know that my Rivian excitement has come to a disappointing end. Good luck to all those that stick around.

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
This really sucks.. $78K for a truck (electric or not) is already steep. Now my config is up to $94K. Told my better half the news, the look I got was all that was needed to know that my Rivian excitement has come to a disappointing end. Good luck to all those that stick around.
Well said....I'm canceling my order as soon as I get home.

Sponsored

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Im concerned about the s1 and projected soft revenue they anticipate from subscriptions etc. >$10k in additional revenue per customer. Sounds a lot like they will charge an arm and a leg for basic software functions through subscription. Ie. It may seem like a great truck today but when your free subscription expires you’ll need to pony up big bucks to keep core functionality. They have not disclosed exactly what goes away or what is part of the membership access. Now I’m concerned they’ll take away something major like 4wd without paying a ton of additional annual fees.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I can’t stop thinking about RJ’s comments about these vehicles / this phase of the company being their “handshake with the world.”

Turns out it was a sucker punch handshake.

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
This. the R1S is for my wife, and she's devastated. She actually asked if the price would go down again LOL.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

That's a conversation I'm not looking forward to.
Me: "Oh neat, Rivian increased their price 20%"
Wife: Well I hope you enjoy the truck vicariously through the endless youtube videos, cause that's as close as you'll get.

But... wife does get a 15k raise next month.... could it be a sign?

dpc166

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
It's a bummer for sure. Thankfully I didn't reserve and I won't be in the market for an EV for a few years. Time will tell if they can hit their delivery numbers, especially if they get the plant in GA up and running at full speed. Maybe by 2032 the prices will be better, but at this point I'm hoping to see a Tacoma EV or I'll end up with a Kia/Genesis EV.
Sponsored