Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JK, JL 4XE
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

I might be out as well, see if they will have any honor for long time LE order holders. I could have taken a slight increase but not 13%. This may end up hurting them far more than they anticipated. $10,000 increase may change the delivery timing for all those new orders they received wait time won't be a year plus out it might be a month or two now. well see if they survive all the cancelations. maybe they will change to a delivery van company instead of and adventure vehicle company.
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I legit dont trust Customer Service so until I get 1000% confirmation mine will increase (reflective on my page) I WILL NOT cancel.
I admire your optimism, but I expect everyone who hasn't gotten the email about their order NOT increasing will see an increase on their config page shortly.

RivianBlueSLC

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivial Blue R1S
Occupation
Mechanic
So wait, Elon increasing the pricing of Tesla's vehicles is in by no way anything similar what RJ just did with Rivian? Not even remotely close? C'mon now ...
Not even remotely close. When Elon increases the price of vehicles its from the point of announcement forward... not to those that already have deposits / orders in. Its very different, 100% different.. Elon / Tesla price increases are actually transparent and sometimes he even gives a few days notice before the increase. What RJ / Rivian just did is douchebaggery in the finest... and I guess is good to know now just how horrific this company is to its customers. I mean we ALL have felt that over the last year with the horrendous communications... but this is a new level of low. It's a big F$CK you to all of us. It really is.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I feel fortunate to have received that email as well!
So I guess whatever filter they're using to decide when someone is "in the final steps of completing your transaction" let us pass through, wallets unmolested.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
This might take some of the sting out of the message….

Rivian R1T R1S R1T & R1S Updated Pricing, Configuration, Specs. Dual Motor Now Available FC68BC68-0BAD-44FE-8760-2CDA5A92F98A

Sponsored

mtw777

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Cancelled immediately after I got the email today. This was always a very expensive vehicle but it was my proverbial dream car and a company I wanted to support because I believed in their vision. Unfortunately I just can’t afford the vehicle at this point.

Hope the company still succeeds but it’s a dark day on the forum here today.

Sponsored

pinolero

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
MYP, TLX
I guess this means I'll be looking elsewhere from other EV providers, either that or cash out my Rivian stock to help off-set the price increase. ?

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
Got it. Day one R1S pre order in Los Angeles. No Guide, no email except saying prices are going to increase. Bummer. Unbelievable actually.

11/30 R1S pre-order here. Feel your pain!

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
When I preordered early 2019 the electrochromic (sp?) dimming roof was still a thing. The amount of things silently changed and removed has me questioning the overall integrity of Rivian. I am sure the engineers are miserable having to answer to the cost accountants and cut out awesome features left and right.

It will be interesting to see if they can maintain 80% of their sales with this 20-25% price hike, otherwise total potential revenue will be down which is an overall fail.
This doesn't math out if the vehicle wasn't profitable before the price hike.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm no stock wizard by any means, but aside from your general annoyance with the company as an order holder wouldn't this actually be a GOOD thing for your stock in the long run? They have pissed off a bunch of people, but they will replace those of us who maybe can't afford their vehicle now with people who can. And they will be profitable much quicker than anticipated.
I'm not really sure how the stock will react, I'm still planning on holding until March 10th and selling before close. It might dump tomorrow just to get people to sell cheaply and then shoot back up by Friday.

lolmpg

First Name
DaVe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q7
Occupation
Real Estate
One can build a similarly equipped R1T for around the same price (with the Large Battery pack and manual tonneau cover added in).
But I'm getting it in 22 weeks, not 2024.
Sponsored