Sponsored

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
So maybe I’m in a different boat for some reason, but I just got this email instead of the long one everyone else seems to have received

51351352-5637-4693-8D06-83D7B3A207EC.png
I feel fortunate to have received that email as well!
Sponsored

Mr.Bourne

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Model X
Occupation
Attorney
I know some people are saying not to change your config or aren't changing theirs, but the two things that will get noticed are massive config changes and cancellations. Money talks.

Personally, I think a bare ones R1T at ~$70k is still a decent value in today's market but I understand others who don't agree.
and seems these are getting pushed into future. Seems 2024/2025. They will prioritize the expensive versions first.

tscanjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
I just looked at my configuration and there is no price increase showing for mine (yet). My R1S delivery estimation is July.
Same here? I thought I was missing something. R1S LE March 2020 Preorder, 7 seat, max pack, still 76K.

GeneralName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Finance
Thinking about dumping stock too.
I think the stock will pump for this. Bigger GoS for each vehicle now. Theres no way the increase is 1:1 matched with “inflationary pressures.”

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

amd seems these are getting pushed into future. Seems 2024/2025. They will prioritize the expensive versions first.
I doubt that will stick because I don't think they will retain sufficient quad/large orders to maximize manufacturing ability through 2023. I expect less than half of the 77k preorders to retain their original build at the new prices.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Can anyone believe how disgusting those evil antiquated car dealership cronies are with their unjustifiable dealer markups? Oh wait, we're getting screwed from that new superior direct sales model everyone praises every day.

But seriously, no way am I paying 101k instead of 87k for my max pack in the, cough, "first half of 2023". Downgraded to the large pack and will have to deal with a bit more range anxiety, but likely won't be bad. Also went from my favorite El Cap down to the bland and boring LA Silver. No tonneau for me. The gear tunnel and frunk can generally secure anything with any value I usually have. Even after all of those downgrades, I'm still paying around 1k more. About the only silver lining is that there might be some remote - and I mean remote - chance that my delivery window moves into 2022. And that $35 put I sold this morning for $3 is almost sure to result in me owning another 100 shares at the bargain net price of $32 on expiration for another 100 shares that will soon be trading at a price only slightly north of good old Nikola and Lordstown. Not cancelling yet, but going to explore preorders for at least one or two other options.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I am a recent order so I'm not even shocked my price went up. But I sure didn't expect the same truck I ordered to go up by $16,075. That is :asshat:

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I've waited over 4 years for a $15k price increase on something I have to wait at least another year for? Seriously Rivian? :angry:

Mr.Bourne

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Model X
Occupation
Attorney
Same here? I thought I was missing something. R1S LE March 2020 Preorder, 7 seat, max pack, still 76K.
Seems still updating.
I doubt that will stick because I don't think they will retain sufficient quad/large orders to maximize manufacturing ability through 2023. I expect less than half of the 77k preorders to retain their original build at the new prices.
dont know current order numbers, but Tesla did this and had plenty of demand.

Spiffster

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 (Sold), Ford Fusion Energi
OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOS!

Welp, good thing I still got my chevrolegs to get me places.

First Name
Dereck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura, GMC Sierra
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Just cancelled my R1T order. Almost 3 years in the waiting for a price increase at the finish line. I get cost go up but this move has lost me as a consumer forever! Lightning...here I come! (good thing I put a deposit on a lightning as well).

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
22 minute wait to chat with a representative to request my refund. *waves from in line*
you don’t have to talk to someone fo cancel. It’s a button on your account page.

although…maybe it’s like with cable and fheyll transfer you to “retention” so you get better pricing for a few more months ?
Sponsored