Sponsored

R1T aftermarket market subwoofer dual 10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T / B8 S4 / 4X4 Sprinter
Do you think two 12s would fit?
Seeing how much extra space I have with one 12, I believe two 12s would fit in a custom box. One 12 is more than enough for me though; it really fills out the Meridian system. I don't need more bass, but I do plan to upgrade the stock dash mids and A pillar tweeters.
Sponsored

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
Seeing how much extra space I have with one 12, I believe two 12s would fit in a custom box. One 12 is more than enough for me though; it really fills out the Meridian system. I don't need more bass, but I do plan to upgrade the stock dash mids and A pillar tweeters.
Thank you sir. I’ve always found a quality 12 (or two) properly EQ’d really tightens op lower mids 200-600 range. I’m a fan of the W7 series. Thanks for your inputs mate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you sir. I’ve always found a quality 12 (or two) properly EQ’d really tightens op lower mids 200-600 range. I’m a fan of the W7 series. Thanks for your inputs mate
Good point. The door low/mid-low freq speakers sound clearer and less boomy now.

k9ltd3

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Operations Manager
Good point. The door low/mid-low freq speakers sound clearer and less boomy now.
Question, you mentioned you connected high level inputs into the amp. From where? Tapping the stock sub? And if so how did you convert the speaker wires to rca? Using an loc and if so, which one? Thank you!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Question, you mentioned you connected high level inputs into the amp. From where? Tapping the stock sub? And if so how did you convert the speaker wires to rca? Using an loc and if so, which one? Thank you!
Yes, I converted the stock woofer speaker wire directly into the sub inputs using a speaker wire-to- RCA adapter. No LOC. A little adjustment of the sub's input sensitivity was necessary. This JL sub seems quite flexible.

I have a Meridian system, and the stock sub is fed by a single speaker wire pair. I believe Elevation woofers have two speaker wire pairs.

Sponsored

k9ltd3

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Operations Manager
Yes, I converted the stock woofer speaker wire directly into the sub inputs using a speaker wire-to- RCA adapter. No LOC. A little adjustment of the sub's input sensitivity was necessary. This JL sub seems quite flexible.

I have a Meridian system, and the stock sub is fed by a single speaker wire pair. I believe Elevation woofers have two speaker wire pairs.
Cool, thanks for sharing I see this as a suggested setup on crutchfield. Thanks!

k9ltd3

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Operations Manager
I had to ape it into place by gently pushing out the steel lip of the front tub (ie, where the seat bottoms are bolted) to jimmy the sub box in place. It is a shallow box so I only needed about 0.5" of deflection of the lip. I did it without damaging the steel tub lip, but it would be easy to overdo it. In short, I don't recommend it.
I'd be curious to know the method you used to push out the front. I too bought one of these since you said you made it fit because other boxes I tried just didn't sound good, and I am afraid to damage the area by pushing to hard. Appreciate any guidance here. :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'd be curious to know the method you used to push out the front. I too bought one of these since you said you made it fit because other boxes I tried just didn't sound good, and I am afraid to damage the area by pushing to hard. Appreciate any guidance here. :)
First I removed the seatbelt anchors. Then I used two or three flat, long pry bars to deflect the front trim away from the box, using the box as a fulcrum. It took a lot of leverage and my strength. While I got the sub box in without damaging the truck, I suspect it would be much more difficult if not impossible trying to remove the box. Like I said, I don't recommend it! I've done far worse to vehicles (converted camper van, heavily modified street cars), but I should be more careful flippantly sharing my "improvements" without proper warnings.

k9ltd3

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Operations Manager
First I removed the seatbelt anchors. Then I used two or three flat, long pry bars to deflect the front trim away from the box, using the box as a fulcrum. It took a lot of leverage and my strength. While I got the sub box in without damaging the truck, I suspect it would be much more difficult if not impossible trying to remove the box. Like I said, I don't recommend it! I've done far worse to vehicles (converted camper van, heavily modified street cars), but I should be more careful flippantly sharing my "improvements" without proper warnings.
LOL, while I was waiting for your response I did the same thing, pry bars and even standing on top of the box to get it to squeeze in and I got it without damage. Your terminology of aping it in was right, that's what I felt like standing on top of the box to force it in. ;)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LOL, while I was waiting for your response I did the same thing, pry bars and even standing on top of the box to get it to squeeze in and I got it without damage. Your terminology of aping it in was right, that's what I felt like standing on top of the box to force it in. ;)
I'm so glad you got it in without damage! I have zero regrets having bought 4-5 flat pry bars over the years. See you in/around Manteca (I'm in North Bay but occasionally work in the area).

- Peter

Sponsored

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanic
In related but unrelated news, I found out my JL 8w3v3 enclosure actually fits under the rear seat perfectly (with some force). The seat does in fact close all the way. I need to find the high-level input harness to a leftover Kenwood amp I have laying around or find and buy a new amp.

1699280175527.png

1699280190974.png
Did you ever complete this install ? I’m thinking of getting the same box. How does it sound?

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Did you ever complete this install ? I’m thinking of getting the same box. How does it sound?
Yea but it sounded like absolute garbage pushed into the existing storage area. I ended up taking that storage thing out along with the factory subwoofer and putting the new subwoofer firing upwards. Doing this, I definitely could have gone with a bigger speaker but I already had this one laying around. It sounds great but there are probably better options.

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanic
Yea but it sounded like absolute garbage pushed into the existing storage area. I ended up taking that storage thing out along with the factory subwoofer and putting the new subwoofer firing upwards. Doing this, I definitely could have gone with a bigger speaker but I already had this one laying around. It sounds great but there are probably better options.
Thanks I think I’ll go with the JL 10” box and remove the storage area and factory sub

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ever replace the a pillar tweeters?
Sponsored