Sponsored

R1T 2023 vs 2024 Available 1-6 Weeks..Advice?

EnthusiastAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
HI There.
I'm a newbie and am attending my first test drive event today. I researched all the "current available" units and there are a mix of 2023 and 2024 models. I'm planning to lease and found the payments on 2023 Models to be less expensive, despite a similar MSRP. Guessing different residuals and money factors so they can get rid of them.

Is there a dramatic difference between the 2023 and 2024? This will be a 2nd car for us and a 'sometimes daily' driver. Anything I am missing out on by going with 2023 for the better deal?

Also, I take it these configurations are all sitting in a lot somewhere and will be shipping so suffice to say, do you think they've been outdoors getting rain, debris and sun damage? I highly doubt they are parked indoors in some warehouse...though I could be wrong, does anyone know?

Lastly, they have more Performance Dual versus Quad and they have several Dual. Yes, I like to drive rather fast and know the Performance Dual would be faster than the regular Dual but getting the regular dual to save money....think I'll be disappointed? I'm not sure what they'll have available for my test drive today.

Your expertise is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Grab a 2023 model and go with Quad or Performance dual motor.

The 2024 and 2023 models are the same as far as build quality / features.

Save the money and pick the 2023 one with better performance.

Its all about smiles per miles with Rivian.

OP
OP
EnthusiastAG

EnthusiastAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Thanks I appreciate it....the payment differences are within $50. Glad to know there are no major differences between the 2 years. Thank you

rhumbliner

First Name
thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T & Model X
Occupation
Retired
I would very much like to take advantage of the lower prices on the 2023 R1T’s but I need to know the trade in value of my current R1T before I plunk down $1000. Unfortuately, Rivian hasn’t responded to my texts or emails and the wait for a phone call is over an hour.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

There is actually discounts on most 2023 models. The monthly lease rates may be $50 lower but if you think there is any chance you will buy it then that should be considered because you will save $6-10k and most of the 2023 include a free power tonneau cover right now.

I was going to wait for a 2025 model before I traded in my 2022 but at these prices those 2023s are hard to ignore..

Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My name is Mike, and I have a (car) problem

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
I would very much like to take advantage of the lower prices on the 2023 R1T’s but I need to know the trade in value of my current R1T before I plunk down $1000. Unfortuately, Rivian hasn’t responded to my texts or emails and the wait for a phone call is over an hour.
Research your current R1T's market value yourself. Rivian's offer is usually around the low end of the trade-in market, even for used Rivians. Sometimes they'll surprise you pleasantly, but you can proceed confidently if you know you'll be fine regardless of trade-in offer.

The main advantage of a trade-in for most purchasers is that, in many states, the trade-in is deducted from the purchase price before calculating state or local sales tax....

Best wishes!

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Any of your choices will be faster than the Macan. If the only difference is $50/month-I'd go with the 2024. If there is substantial savings on the '23s I'd go with that. Hope I've confused you enough. All the best!

OP
OP
EnthusiastAG

EnthusiastAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
There is actually discounts on most 2023 models. The monthly lease rates may be $50 lower but if you think there is any chance you will buy it then that should be considered because you will save $6-10k and most of the 2023 include a free power tonneau cover right now.

I was going to wait for a 2025 model before I traded in my 2022 but at these prices those 2023s are hard to ignore..
Thanks for that advice. Nope, I won't be purchasing at the end...I'm a perpetual leaser so I will let it go when it ends...that pretty much makes me a "Payment Focused" buyer. Appreciate your advice!

OP
OP
EnthusiastAG

EnthusiastAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan

Sponsored

OP
OP
EnthusiastAG

EnthusiastAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Any of your choices will be faster than the Macan. If the only difference is $50/month-I'd go with the 2024. If there is substantial savings on the '23s I'd go with that. Hope I've confused you enough. All the best!
Thanks...agreed. The Macan is just an S model so these will be faster. The substantial savings on the MY 23 is where I think I'll focus considering the better lease rates and no difference in equipment. Thanks

JeffD

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi Q7, 2018 BMW 640i
Rivian will not take a Rivian that you own for a trade. I am in same position. Guide told me they won’t buy your Rivian from you to get into lease, so you’ll have to sell yours, then lease a new one. I am doing this because I own my R1S outright and I am going to lease a new one, so that I don’t take a huge loss on depreciation. When you lease the depreciation is on Rivian, not you. Too many things happening that might make your ”owned” Rivian worthless, such as battery improvement, other technologies that will outdate your Rivian sooner rather than later. Let them have the problem with unloading the end of lease vehicle. You get a new set of tires, a new warranty, and start with zero miles all over again. I think this lease is temporary to get rid of their inventor.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Rivian will not take a Rivian that you own for a trade. I am in same position. Guide told me they won’t buy your Rivian from you to get into lease, so you’ll have to sell yours, then lease a new one. I am doing this because I own my R1S outright and I am going to lease a new one, so that I don’t take a huge loss on depreciation. When you lease the depreciation is on Rivian, not you. Too many things happening that might make your ”owned” Rivian worthless, such as battery improvement, other technologies that will outdate your Rivian sooner rather than later. Let them have the problem with unloading the end of lease vehicle. You get a new set of tires, a new warranty, and start with zero miles all over again. I think this lease is temporary to get rid of their inventor.
I am sure the reason that Rivian won't take your Rivian on trade is because it is worth more than the whole value of the lease. From previous reports if your trade is worth too much then Rivian won't take it in on trade for a lease, no matter the make. Basically they are not going to let you cash out the additional value.

JeffD

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi Q7, 2018 BMW 640i
I am sure the reason that Rivian won't take your Rivian on trade is because it is worth more than the whole value of the lease. From previous reports if your trade is worth too much then Rivian won't take it in on trade for a lease, no matter the make. Basically they are not going to let you cash out the additional value.
Exactly! They said they will only take up to 40% of the lease but won’t cash you out. You would think they would want the used one and make some money, but maybe they just auction or wholesale them.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Exactly! They said they will only take up to 40% of the lease but won’t cash you out. You would think they would want the used one and make some money, but maybe they just auction or wholesale them.
Yes we can be sure that Rivian isn't buying these to keep and sell them on their own. I think they contract that whole process to Cox Automotive.
Sponsored