First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Toyota Tundra 21
Occupation
Portfolio Management
I look and look and can't seem to find what the total weight is of the R1S... seems a common question but google it an I find links to what it can tow..

is this not out there somewhere??

Thanks
Sponsored

Krusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ninety Eight 90 Supra 90 Range Rover
Occupation
Business Owner
Shipping weight is 6879 lbs. GVWR is 8532 lbs. You can ask your guide for your vehicles Manufacturers Certificate of Origin that has this information.

OP
OP
Litup

Litup

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Toyota Tundra 21
Occupation
Portfolio Management
awesome .. thank you for that... I take delivery on the 21st... wondering what else should I ask for?

thanks for the reply

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
You can take the GVWR and subtract the max cargo, both are on the drivers door jamb labels.

My R1S. 8532 - 1641 = 6891

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That’s because it’s rude to ask about weight and age or how much you make or what you paid.

My MidnightRivian “June” has curves in all the right places.

She might be a little thick but she has the numbers to back it up.

some can’t handle the weight. I hope you can handle it but if not RJ is working on a lighter and cheaper ride for those who are self conscious about weight or $$$$.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Litup

Litup

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Toyota Tundra 21
Occupation
Portfolio Management
hey hey... it's 2023 no big bumper shaming.. . I just find it hard to easily find information on the Rivian... I pick it up from a center that is 3 1/2 hr drive from me and they won't even send a pic before I get it.... little things like that to me just seem ... well strange..

Krusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ninety Eight 90 Supra 90 Range Rover
Occupation
Business Owner
awesome .. thank you for that... I take delivery on the 21st... wondering what else should I ask for?

thanks for the reply
I'm not sure. I'd check to see if your state has any EV rebates and what information you might need for their application. I'd also start making a list of all the accessories you are going to buy: mats, frunk/rear liners, roof shade, lower console cup holder, PPF, tint etc.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT

thanks for the reply
Make sure your Insurance ID Card is good till at least 90 days past your delivery date or Rivian will reject it and put your delivery on hold till you get a new ID card.

OP
OP
Litup

Litup

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Toyota Tundra 21
Occupation
Portfolio Management
That's a good tip... just added it to my insurance so should be good to go..
thanks!

OP
OP
Litup

Litup

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Toyota Tundra 21
Occupation
Portfolio Management
I'm not sure. I'd check to see if your state has any EV rebates and what information you might need for their application. I'd also start making a list of all the accessories you are going to buy: mats, frunk/rear liners, roof shade, lower console cup holder, PPF, tint etc.

Oregon does have those but for Low income and an EV MSRP under 50K...

Sponsored

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I look and look and can't seem to find what the total weight is of the R1S... seems a common question but google it an I find links to what it can tow..

is this not out there somewhere??

Thanks
I was curious so I took my R1S 20" & underbody across the hwy scale & it was 2940kg (6468lbs) for what its worth. I realize this does not jive with door #'s or other info presented but that is what was shown on the commercial scale.
It may have had 40-50lbs of payload but otherwise devoid of cargo/people.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I was curious so I took my R1S 20" & underbody across the hwy scale & it was 2940kg (6468lbs) for what its worth. I realize this does not jive with door #'s or other info presented but that is what was shown on the commercial scale.
That sounds about 500 lbs light, now you have made me want to get mine weighed… 🙄

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
More curious now as that number of 6,468 is really low compared to everything we have read. Was the scale certified? What month/year was your vehicle built? Curious if they have been put on a serious diet to drop 8% of the original weight.

Not being argumentative actually curious.

I took my R1S 22 dark wheels no spare or under body shield built 10/22 (16xx vin), down to a DMV certified scale this morning, it came in at 6,920 lbs. That is 29 lbs over my 6,891 number I get by subtracting GVWR - Max Cargo. That accounts for the Jack pucks, Charger, and recovery/hitch gear I typically carry in the vehicle.
Sponsored