Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Could have been limited parts availability so they didn’t have one to install. I assume it’s easy enough to unbolt the steering wheel cowl and install it later, so not worth delaying the entire build.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Spotted Out Testing! 356752E1-960D-4169-AB9B-013519769F3A

In my stalking (pun intended) I noticed the empty hole for the ride height stalk was also present on the Christmas Light Post of the R1T steering column...

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
356752E1-960D-4169-AB9B-013519769F3A.jpeg

In my stalking (pun intended) I noticed the empty hole for the ride height stalk was also present on the Christmas Light Post of the R1T steering column...
It also does not appear in the interior picture in the configurator.

I know somebody here speculated earlier that Rivian is dropping the ride-height-adjustment stalk and putting the ride-height controls in the software/touchscreen.

damonator5000

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Here's one thing that has definitely changed - the rear lift gate. Notice how the upper black portion now wraps around the corner in the newer build and the panel seam now runs up the side window trim instead of running beside the back window. Kind of an odd change, wonder what prompted it?

Old:
r1s_rear_hatch_old.png

New:
r1s_rear_hatch_new.png
I know it’s veeeeerrrrryyy unlikely, but I would absolutely lose my mind (in a good way) if this liftgate change was the result of making the roof and top of the liftgate removable

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I know it’s veeeeerrrrryyy unlikely, but I would absolutely lose my mind (in a good way) if this liftgate change was the result of making the roof and top of the liftgate removable
That'd be a big change. Cool if true, but seems unlikely, to me. More likely is they simplified the parts count and were able to combine multiple body pieces.

Sponsored

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
This warms my heart.

In the next 6 months, I'll be moving to Maine with our Model X (I'm already in MA, so I have a good idea what to expect), and whenever the "Max Pack" R1S plans are announce, I'll plop my money down.

Makes me happy to see that it's being tested in cold weather.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
This goes along with the wrap conversation earlier.

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 6.50.37 PM.png
Green plant/Christmas tree on the hood? Green lighting? It's obvious, folks ... this is the Launch Green we've been waiting for!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It could be some of the angle of the images but the blue one from the Production line does seem longer if you overlay the images. The white one is set to 52% opacity so you can see the blue one behind it. The rest of the dimensions seem pretty close to the white one they were showing at the live events.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Spotted Out Testing! 1613077108309

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
It could be some of the angle of the images but the blue one from the Production line does seem longer if you overlay the images. The white one is set to 52% opacity so you can see the blue one behind it. The rest of the dimensions seem pretty close to the white one they were showing at the live events.

1613077108309.png
You've somehow chanced upon my new favorite color ?

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

1613077108309.png
Looks like Carolina Blue (UNC Tarheels). Perhaps Pantone 291 C?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Since there is at least one R1S in the wild. Can someone please take a picture of the back seats... ? specially if they are folded

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Since there is at least one R1S in the wild. Can someone please take a picture of the back seats... ? specially if they are folded
Yes! Still a potiental deal breaker for me. Crazy we still have zero confirmed info on 3rd row access and cargo.
Sponsored