Jsidell

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, R1T LE Preorder
Occupation
Product Marketing
Could have been limited parts availability so they didn’t have one to install. I assume it’s easy enough to unbolt the steering wheel cowl and install it later, so not worth delaying the entire build.
356752E1-960D-4169-AB9B-013519769F3A.jpeg

In my stalking (pun intended) I noticed the empty hole for the ride height stalk was also present on the Christmas Light Post of the R1T steering column...

damonator5000

First Name
Damon
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Here's one thing that has definitely changed - the rear lift gate. Notice how the upper black portion now wraps around the corner in the newer build and the panel seam now runs up the side window trim instead of running beside the back window. Kind of an odd change, wonder what prompted it?

Old:
r1s_rear_hatch_old.png

New:
r1s_rear_hatch_new.png
I know it’s veeeeerrrrryyy unlikely, but I would absolutely lose my mind (in a good way) if this liftgate change was the result of making the roof and top of the liftgate removable

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Goldwing
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
I know it’s veeeeerrrrryyy unlikely, but I would absolutely lose my mind (in a good way) if this liftgate change was the result of making the roof and top of the liftgate removable
That'd be a big change. Cool if true, but seems unlikely, to me. More likely is they simplified the parts count and were able to combine multiple body pieces.

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X Performance
Occupation
IT governance
This warms my heart.

In the next 6 months, I'll be moving to Maine with our Model X (I'm already in MA, so I have a good idea what to expect), and whenever the "Max Pack" R1S plans are announce, I'll plop my money down.

Makes me happy to see that it's being tested in cold weather.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
It could be some of the angle of the images but the blue one from the Production line does seem longer if you overlay the images. The white one is set to 52% opacity so you can see the blue one behind it. The rest of the dimensions seem pretty close to the white one they were showing at the live events.

1613077108309.png

sevengroove

Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lexus RX 350
It could be some of the angle of the images but the blue one from the Production line does seem longer if you overlay the images. The white one is set to 52% opacity so you can see the blue one behind it. The rest of the dimensions seem pretty close to the white one they were showing at the live events.

1613077108309.png
You've somehow chanced upon my new favorite color 😍

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Goldwing
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer

1613077108309.png
Looks like Carolina Blue (UNC Tarheels). Perhaps Pantone 291 C?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Since there is at least one R1S in the wild. Can someone please take a picture of the back seats... 😫 specially if they are folded

PostMinivanDad

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Odyssey Elite and 2017 CRV Touring - Beaters for 3 young kids
Since there is at least one R1S in the wild. Can someone please take a picture of the back seats... 😫 specially if they are folded
Yes! Still a potiental deal breaker for me. Crazy we still have zero confirmed info on 3rd row access and cargo.

Advertisement

Advertisement