skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Darn it, they wrapped the mirror cap so we can't see the color underneath. No state sticker either...

dmc94

First Name
David
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Looks like the roof slopes towards the back a little more than in the prototype shown at the reveal.
It looks like they dropped the whole roof line by an inch or two. I hope it still has headroom for adults in the third row.

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
It looks like they dropped the whole roof line by an inch or two. I hope it still has headroom for adults in the third row.
I believe they did & even mentioned that on a recent podcast/YouTube episode.

AlexL

Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Yes! Still a potiental deal breaker for me. Crazy we still have zero confirmed info on 3rd row access and cargo.
Looks like it is officially confirmed by Rivian that the seats do fold flat to 3 degrees!

Screenshot_20210221-182715_Chrome.jpg

Admin edit - added some seat folded photos from preproduction Rivian.

rivian seats folded flat 1.jpeg

rivian seats folded flat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MReda

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Not to sound negative, but this has been on the website for a while. I think the outstanding questions have a lot to do with what "nearly flat" means, whether there will be gaps in between seats, things like that.

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-4x, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quad
Occupation
IT
Looks like it is officially confirmed by Rivian that the seats do fold flat to 3 degrees!

Screenshot_20210221-182715_Chrome.jpg

Admin edit - added some seat folded photos from preproduction Rivian.

rivian seats folded flat 1.jpeg

rivian seats folded flat.jpg

How TF is that flat? its like a 8" height difference?

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
TPA
How TF is that flat? its like a 8" height difference?
I believe that if you flip the separators (not sure what I should call them) toward the hatch, you will find the difference is minimal.

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
I believe that if you flip the separators (not sure what I should call them) toward the hatch, you will find the difference is minimal.
No, the prototype has a 4-6" step. If the production truck is even remotely close to that I will be foregoing LE and waiting for the 2 row.

AlexL

Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
The pre-production unit is clearly not 3 degrees. It would be reasonable to conclude this was dramatically changed for the production units as the support website content was released more recently than the prototype builds.
I want to think this is the right assumption. I got the following answer from CS:
"That's right! The second and third rows of the R1S fold nearly flat to about 3° as stated on the website. The second row has a 60/40 split and can slide forward/backward to increase legroom and allow easier access to the third row. The third row is fixed and thus cannot slide back or forward. I've attached a photo to help demonstrate this. Still, we'll have more details and photos available to help our community better visualize this as we get closer to deliveries as well. Keep your eyes out!"

Screenshot_20210222-142556_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement