Sponsored

mapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
I have a quick question for those who have the privilege to access the R1 shop. If I made a R1S reservation before March 22 but didn't reserve the Launch edition, will I still be eligible for the Launch edition price at the R1 shop (e.g., a free wheel and tire upgrade), or will I need to pay extra?
Sponsored

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
I have a quick question for those who have the privilege to access the R1 shop. If I made a R1S reservation before March 22 but didn't reserve the Launch edition, will I still be eligible for the Launch edition price at the R1 shop (e.g., a free wheel and tire upgrade), or will I need to pay extra?
Yes, several have snagged one including myself, no additional cost to upgrade. The underbody shield is $300 more expensive for LE.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Ho boy! It happened; my R1 shop (Austin area) just exploded with R1S options this morning. Probably around a hundred or so in there now. šŸ”„ So obviously I pulled the trigger on one! I found a GW/OC/22" dark ... basically my build, except I switched from 20" AT dark to 22" dark. I'm cool with that! VIN #131xx. Did all the steps, and now just waiting to schedule delivery.

Here's an image for posterity:

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 2.03.21 PM.png
Thank you very much for posting this - Made me go check my R1 Shop tied to the Cost Mesa Service Center.

Found and got the exact config that I'd preordered and confirmed (GW - OC w/Dark Wood - Underbody Shield - 22" Bright)

VIN 142xx

Just holding off payment until just before delivery date (unknown yet).

kpx110

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Occupation
developer
Yes, several have snagged one including myself, no additional cost to upgrade. The underbody shield is $300 more expensive for LE.
is this the case if you add afterward - or only if part of config?

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
is this the case if you add afterward - or only if part of config?
Sorry not sure I understand what you meant. You canā€™t add afterward in the shop it either has RUS or it doesnā€™t, if you grab from the shop your configuration doesnā€™t matter then.

Sponsored

kpx110

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Occupation
developer
Sorry not sure I understand what you meant. You canā€™t add afterward in the shop it either has RUS or it doesnā€™t, if you grab from the shop your configuration doesnā€™t matter then.
sorry I mean the config you choose in the shop

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

sorry I mean the config you choose in the shop
You can't add it to the config you get from the shop after the fact. It's either part of the config you choose, or it isn't. If it's part of the config on a LE, it'll cost $2,000. If you had it on your original config pre-March 2022, then it was likely priced at $1,700.

Duquesne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Powerwagon, Alfa Giulia Quad
Occupation
Yes
Today my shop showed 35 R1Sā€™ to start, only two red, neither with OC. I came close to pulling the trigger on a midnight one but at work I have 6 peers with assigned parking, everyone has a black vehicle so Iā€™m waiting. They were slow to disappear but then toward the evening there were only a few limestone and midnight left.

citizen

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, RX350h
Occupation
Product Designer
Clubs

Like others mentioned, shop exploded today with R1S'. They didn't show up as early in the day as past weeks but think they all showed up around 10:30am PT or so.

Not confirmed, but speculating that I was seeing the same inventory out of the Costa Mesa SC as the factory. I changed my address two or three times to compare and the inventory looked identical.

Unfortunately, LE R1S were few, three... one in blue, black and launch green. So I ended up pulling the trigger on the lone non-LE limestone / OC that matched my configuration. VIN: 14###

mapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Have you (or someone) done this recently like last week or so? It seems they've fixed it and no more free upgrade for LE.

Sponsored

PBRAZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Denali, Range Rover
For those that are pulling the trigger on a configuration from the shop, are you at all thinking that if you wait instead for your exact build to come up in a few months:

-Rivian will have most likely addressed the AC weed whacker issue [or insert other common problem] and so it's less likely you'll get a truck affected by the issue(s)

- You will get the wheel/tire you really want instead of trying to sell or swap, which isn't easy (I want 22 darks for example, nothing available)

- Interest rates may go down and so financing would be cheaper

- These are not just vehicles that are fresh off the line, but may include ones that owners returned within 7 days due to numerous, unfixable problems

These are the thoughts running through my head and wondering if I'm not alone. Also, where we at on Vins? I saw 13xxxx or something, is that high?

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
For those that are pulling the trigger on a configuration from the shop, are you at all thinking that if you wait instead for your exact build to come up in a few months:

-Rivian will have most likely addressed the AC weed whacker issue [or insert other common problem] and so it's less likely you'll get a truck affected by the issue(s)

- You will get the wheel/tire you really want instead of trying to sell or swap, which isn't easy (I want 22 darks for example, nothing available)

- These are not just vehicles that are fresh off the line, but may include ones that owners returned within 7 days due to numerous, unfixable problems

These are the thoughts running through my head and wondering if I'm not alone. Also, where we at on Vins? I saw 13xxxx or something, is that high?

Itā€™s been said at least 20 times shop vehicles are NOT returns please donā€™t post misinformation. They may be factory gated which means they didnā€™t pass Rivianā€™s quality control, everyone would agree Rivian should test vehicles.

1k miles in on my shop vehicle itā€™a fantastic and was fresh off the line based on VINs at the time. Iā€™ll add I did get the wheel tire combination I wanted and saved $1500.

Last edited:

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Not confirmed, but speculating that I was seeing the same inventory out of the Costa Mesa SC as the factory. I changed my address two or three times to compare and the inventory looked identical.
I suspect that very few preorder holders had shop access to the factory's Shop inventory during the final days of Q2 and continuing through July 4th. From July 2nd to the evening of July 4th, inventory in my R1 Shop was virtually stagnant ... 145 R1S's including 6 Launch Editions. It was odd (and a bit chilling from a demand perspective.) Also, I was told that the factory was idle on July 3rd and 4th, so even the guides weren't plucking vehicles from the Shop inventory. This morning I see only 45 R1S's and the Launch Editions are all gone. Obviously, something changed yesterday as far as who could access what in the R1 Shop.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Have you (or someone) done this recently like last week or so? It seems they've fixed it and no more free upgrade for LE.
Uh yeah I did some really in depth digging and went back one page in the thread to find it šŸ˜€

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I almost hate to reply to this because it reads like a troll...

As someone j who ust bought a R1S from the shop yesterday, couple of quick reply on these questions.

- found the EXACT config as my preorder config
- there is no chance of finance rate going down anytime in the near future (and if you mean that buying sooner results in lower rate than later, you're right, but I did not finance my purchase so makes no difference to me)
- VIN is 14,xxx so it is at the latest range off the factory line

Under the law, I do not believe returned vehicles can be sold as new. Once registered, it must be sold as either demo, or something like it.
Sponsored