Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
If they want to move some of the backlog and inventory in the LEs then they should change the logic and give access to ADV holders.
Sponsored

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
I’m not sure how specific they are to areas. When I pulled the trigger on one last week it was still in Normal. I would have thought if my shop access was tied to a region it would have at least been somewhat west of the factory.
…maybe since it was the first week of the shop being open? 🤷🏻

just got access to the R1S Shop but no inventory here in the PNW. anyone seeing any vehicles in your area?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

If they want to move some of the backlog and inventory in the LEs then they should change the logic and give access to ADV holders.
seriously

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I could see them doing this eventually as I’m sure most LE builds were tied to LE reservations, thus any back-outs or changes would leave a dangling LE out there. There’s only so many extra limited builds they can absorb internally. Early on in the R1T shop Advs were in fact getting access to LEs when they weren’t supposed to. As a result they got free upgrades that weren’t offered to them otherwise. I think if Rivian wants to be fair about it they should allow Advs to select LEs but charge them for any freebies like wheel upgrades, LG paint, and don’t include the wristband key.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I could see them doing this eventually as I’m sure most LE builds were tied to LE reservations, thus any back-outs or changes would leave a dangling LE out there. There’s only so many extra limited builds they can absorb internally. Early on in the R1T shop Advs were in fact getting access to LEs when they weren’t supposed to. As a result they got free upgrades that weren’t offered to them otherwise. I think if Rivian wants to be fair about it they should allow Advs to select LEs but charge them for any freebies like wheel upgrades, LG paint, and don’t include the wristband key.
Why would they charge R1S people and didn’t do it for R1Ts?

Sponsored

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Why would they charge R1S people and didn’t do it for R1Ts?
Because according to Rivian it was a mistake that a handful of Adv R1T holders were able to get free upgrades to LE. When it was discovered this happened for a lucky few I asked for the same and was denied the option.

That’s nothing compared to the sweetheart deal OutOfSpec Kyle received. He ordered his R1T in mid-March 2022 and received an LE a month later and at the original pricing. I asked for that deal, too. It was denied. I don’t blame Kyle for taking advantage of the offer. Rivian decided to treat some customers better than others.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Oh that Kyle sure is a lucky you know what...

I'm at VP at Nationwide (who supports Rivian Insurance) and they made me wait my full time...

Influencers these days...

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I emailed my guide this morning and asked (nicely) when I might get an invitation to the R1S Shop.

Her reply:
"The R1 Shop for R1Ss is currently open to launch edition customers at this time. We hope to expand this to other community members in the future."

My take: R1S Adventure preorder holders shall henceforth be known as other community members.

Best of all, there is hope for us other community members.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Because according to Rivian it was a mistake that a handful of Adv R1T holders were able to get free upgrades to LE. When it was discovered this happened for a lucky few I asked for the same and was denied the option.

That’s nothing compared to the sweetheart deal OutOfSpec Kyle received. He ordered his R1T in mid-March 2022 and received an LE a month later and at the original pricing. I asked for that deal, too. It was denied. I don’t blame Kyle for taking advantage of the offer. Rivian decided to treat some customers better than others.
I dont even want to think about Kyle.
Oops I just did. What a waste of time 😂

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I know of 2 members of this forum with preorders for an R1S Adventure who were given access to the an R1S Shop, but they have posted that they've never seen any inventory in that Shop.
And @dleewla makes 3.

Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I emailed my guide this morning and asked (nicely) when I might get an invitation to the R1S Shop.

Her reply:
"The R1 Shop for R1Ss is currently open to launch edition customers at this time. We hope to expand this to other community members in the future."

My take: R1S Adventure preorder holders shall henceforth be known as other community members.

Best of all, there is hope for us other community members.
At this point no one has viewed any inventory in the R1 ADV shop so I'm not sure how much value there is in getting access. I had it for two weeks and it was a major waste of time constantly checking for inventory.

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Oh that Kyle sure is a lucky you know what...

I'm at VP at Nationwide (who supports Rivian Insurance) and they made me wait my full time...

Influencers these days...
Fellow Nationwider here. Also waiting my due time despite the affiliation. I’m no VP though, so I don’t even have the clout to try and throw around. Maybe we need to gain a little weight, grab a few belichick hoodies and complain on social media about public chargers?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i asked my guide if she can confirm that the R1S Shop is only for Launch Edition order holders and not Adventure order holders. been 2 days and no response yet. will update this thread when i hear back.

who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
i asked my guide if she can confirm that the R1S Shop is only for Launch Edition order holders and not Adventure order holders. been 2 days and no response yet. will update this thread when i hear back.
My guide confirmed that it is only open to LE order holders.