Sponsored

who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Maybe I'm missing something here, but is anyone else confused a little with the prices? A few of these Launch Edition R1S are listed at $75,500 (with wheel upgrades). My Nov 2020 reservation for an Adventure (Explore) has a base price of $75,500. I thought I remembered the Launch Edition having a higher price than any other models.

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
Maybe I'm missing something here, but is anyone else confused a little with the prices? A few of these Launch Edition R1S are listed at $75,500 (with wheel upgrades). My Nov 2020 reservation for an Adventure (Explore) has a base price of $75,500. I thought I remembered the Launch Edition having a higher price than any other models.
If I recall, LE and Adv always had the same base price. LE just included the LG color option and a free wheel upgrade.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
If I recall, LE and Adv always had the same base price. LE just included the LG color option and a free wheel upgrade.
What evguy said.

who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
What evguy said.
I guess I wasn't paying attention since I had an Explore model on order. So I probably should be more upset with the fact that I was trying to save a little money by going with the Explore, only for that option to be cancelled, and now will wait longer for an Adventure even though it is the same price as the Launch Edition.

Sponsored

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning
Is the R1S Shop dead? Any new inventory to show us on the outside?
This is new, the silver one. Almost like what ur looking for.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 3AFAD765-D56E-4EFD-9028-FF2EED0A23BA

Last edited:

ssbhatia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Business
Hello, new to the thread. I ordered the R1S and R1T in July 2022. Based on my order date and others having access to the R1S shop, does anyone know when I can potentially expect to be invited to the shop?

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
Hello, new to the thread. I ordered the R1S and R1T in July 2022. Based on my order date and others having access to the R1S shop, does anyone know when I can potentially expect to be invited to the shop?
Depends on your configuration and how close you are to a service center.

ssbhatia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Business
Depends on your configuration and how close you are to a service center.
I haven't been invited to configure yet, and the support folks have no idea when that invite might come. I am located in Fresno, CA but would be willing to drive anywhere in CA and the surrounding states to pick one up. Is there anyone that I could contact regarding this?

Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

It appears that, with very small exception, those that have been invited to the shop are all within a quarter of their delivery window.

Given your preorder date of 7/22, I'm guessing you're Jan!Jun 2024. which is the same timeframe for me (11/21 preorder. within 20 min of HQ and SC in SoCal).

If you need/want R1S sooner, perhaps the secondary market?

ssbhatia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Business
It's funny that Rivian still says I should expect to get my car this year, but haven't even allowed me to configure and I see most people receiving their cars right now are 2020 preorders. And Yes, I'm actually looking into slightly used R1S as well, so if anyone on here is looking to sell theirs please message me.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I was told by my guide last week that they couldnā€™t give me access to the R1 shop despite having preordered back in ā€˜18, because I didnā€™t reserve an LE. Currently itā€™s only for LE folks.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I was told by my guide last week that they couldnā€™t give me access to the R1 shop despite having preordered back in ā€˜18, because I didnā€™t reserve an LE. Currently itā€™s only for LE folks.
I know of 2 members of this forum with preorders for an R1S Adventure who were given access to the an R1S Shop, but they have posted that they've never seen any inventory in that Shop.
Notwithstanding those 2 members' access to an apparently empty Shop, I believe your guide gave you the straight scoop. It fits with what I've been reading on this forum.
Sponsored