Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
No temp controls in the rear, only an indicator. Turns the vents on and off and controls the interior lights in the back. Driver's set temp sets the temp for the back left seat.
Wow, that's misleading and a total waste of a screen. I wonder if quad zone was intended and dropped? Otherwise, I really don't understand the point of the screen.
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Wow, that's misleading and a total waste of a screen. I wonder if quad zone was intended and dropped? Otherwise, I really don't understand the point of the screen.
It could be that quad is planned but not currently implemented as well.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Also disappointing for the kiddos: Four cup holders in total. Zero in the third row.
Argh - another feature I use for our dogs - I keep their water bottles in the holders. Not a deal breaker but...not very thoughtful IMHO.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Its about EFFING time!

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Well it also turns on/off the courtesy lights in the rear - except they didn't during my First Mile drive and then the entire thing locked up. So...they could have just put a switch on the lights and punted on the entire thing.

I would have made different design decisions.

Sponsored

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

How does it not show an image/diagram of where the air compressor is located??? It just says "rear cargo area". Also I wanted to know if it's possible to drive with the rear upper liftgate open and lower tailgate closed, in the case of hauling long items.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Besides the climate and lack of 3rd-row cupholders, I discovered another pretty serious flaw:

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Owners Guide Manual Available! đź“’ (August 22, 2022) Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 2.48.01 PM

So you can't leave the lower tailgate down and close the upper liftgate, which means it's a pretty useless feature. Why even bother splitting the tailgate if you can't use the 2 halves independently?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Besides the climate and lack of 3rd-row cupholders, I discovered another pretty serious flaw:

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 2.48.01 PM.png

So you can't leave the lower tailgate down and close the upper liftgate, which means it's a pretty useless feature. Why even bother splitting the tailgate if you can't use the 2 halves independently?
This has been obvious for quite some time, as the only latch point for the liftgate is in the tailgate.

ThatOneGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

My guess is that the auto open/close is disabled when the tailgate is down to prevent damage to the lift gate in case some large item is on the tailgate itself (tall bike, dresser, etc.). In that case it would be on the drivers discretion whether or not the lift gate can be safely closed and they'll probably have to do so manually.

Edit: per the comment above, I stand corrected.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

I think this is specific to closing the upper lift gate. You can still open the lower tail gate while the upper liftgate is closed to achieve the same outcome, right? Edit: I'm not actually sure that's possible after reading the guide.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I think this is specific to closing the upper lift gate. You can still open the lower tail gate while the upper liftgate is closed to achieve the same outcome, right?
You can't open the tailgate without first opening the liftgate.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition