KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Mildly interesting… I just got an email from Rivian telling me “it’s time to confirm your configuration”. It also apparently assigned me a guide…. The email still shows a “2024” delivery, but it seems fairly premature to be assigned a guide this far in advance…

Thoughts? Did anyone else in the same “LA Silver Purgatory” get the same message? Hate to get my hopes up…

612D003F-ED8F-4EAD-A82A-EF47BA8AC401.png
I got that email last night, and I had a guide assigned last night.

I confirmed my config after getting the email by accident because I thought clicking the button meant you get to start reviewing your config for confirmation, not confirming it. Im good with what i had so no biggy.

This morning I got what I think is an automated email introducing my guide's name and a link to setup an intro call which I did for Monday. The email also said I could view my estimated delivery timing at my account page. I did that expecting a change, but it still says 2024 :(

The email also says I will get another email when the digital purchase process begins.

larrydallas - when did you order and what is your config? I am hypothesizing that they blasted a bunch of 2019 and 2020 order holders with these emails and invites to confirm configing. THen they will use this data to update a production plan for release later in January as expected.

What I would be really shocked by is if they assigned a guide to people with more than 6 months of a wait.

Any feedback on my rambling is appreciated.
Sponsored

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
@KingTodd Pretty much an identical story here. Confirmed last night with guide assigned. I SMS’d her last night and got an automated response that she’s on vacation through Jan 9th. Guide intro email arrived this morning at 3:35am. I booked an intro call on Jan 10th.

I’m an 11/2020 pre-order holder. If I recall correctly, you’re 10/2020? LA Silver, adventure pkg (not LE), dark 20” wheels, Black Forest, underbody shield, front PPF.

Sounds like quite a few people got the same email, but like you, my delivery estimate still says “2024”. Seems a bit early to be assigning a guide if we still need to wait 1+ years for delivery? Could some folks possibly be moving up? Or maybe it’s so they can give access to the R1 Shop? Any positive movement is good at this point. I’ve been stewing ever since I got the new “2024” delivery estimate…

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
Just now I notice some posts on this thread. I read read them and wondered if perhaps I also got the email, I logged into email and sure enough I received the ready to confirm email!!
Rivian R1T R1S R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates BEE94394-D679-4DFE-8C15-5EFF7ADFD0BF

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just now I notice some posts on this thread. I read read them and wondered if perhaps I also got the email, I logged into email and sure enough I received the ready to confirm email!!
BEE94394-D679-4DFE-8C15-5EFF7ADFD0BF.png
Everyone loves Rivian......for a bit at least

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
@KingTodd Pretty much an identical story here. Confirmed last night with guide assigned. I SMS’d her last night and got an automated response that she’s on vacation through Jan 9th. Guide intro email arrived this morning at 3:35am. I booked an intro call on Jan 10th.

I’m an 11/2020 pre-order holder. If I recall correctly, you’re 10/2020? LA Silver, adventure pkg (not LE), dark 20” wheels, Black Forest, underbody shield, front PPF.

Sounds like quite a few people got the same email, but like you, my delivery estimate still says “2024”. Seems a bit early to be assigning a guide if we still need to wait 1+ years for delivery? Could some folks possibly be moving up? Or maybe it’s so they can give access to the R1 Shop? Any positive movement is good at this point. I’ve been stewing ever since I got the new “2024” delivery estimate…
I had my intro call with my guide. I left less excited though very little conclusive came from it:
1. She confirmed my contact info
2. She confirmed the configuration that I confirmed on the website 3 days ago
3. She told me that this was being done to help Rivian update the delivery estimate windows later in January (as previously planned)
4. She told me that getting a guide didn't mean I was getting an R1S in 6-8 weeks as is typically the case.
5. She said a few things here that I don't believe were meant to be taken literally such as,:
you won't get an R1S this month just because you have a guide (that is likely true)
you should get a new window which could be June or July 2023 but maybe still a month in 2024. She seemed to be implying that she expected my order to move forward but not to the 6-8 week area.
She said Guides won't know anything about a new delivery window until 24-48 hours before they are released

So I left thinking that any hopes I had for getting a R1S before April are gone. I also got the impression that she expects an improvement to a date earlier than "2024", but I will believe it when I see it.

One last positive is that we talked about substitutions and moving forward. In short she took some notes on what I would be willing to change if it meant I would move forward 6 months. She also said that I can contact her to just see what is available and she will try to match me to it, but it entirely depends on what is available at htat time.

So I guess better than last week for me in regards to status at Rivian, but I have a feeling that a lot of other later orders made after mine that are not LAS will be filled before they make mine.

Sponsored

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
I had my intro call with my guide. I left less excited though very little conclusive came from it:
1. She confirmed my contact info
2. She confirmed the configuration that I confirmed on the website 3 days ago
3. She told me that this was being done to help Rivian update the delivery estimate windows later in January (as previously planned)
4. She told me that getting a guide didn't mean I was getting an R1S in 6-8 weeks as is typically the case.
5. She said a few things here that I don't believe were meant to be taken literally such as,:
you won't get an R1S this month just because you have a guide (that is likely true)
you should get a new window which could be June or July 2023 but maybe still a month in 2024. She seemed to be implying that she expected my order to move forward but not to the 6-8 week area.
She said Guides won't know anything about a new delivery window until 24-48 hours before they are released

So I left thinking that any hopes I had for getting a R1S before April are gone. I also got the impression that she expects an improvement to a date earlier than "2024", but I will believe it when I see it.

One last positive is that we talked about substitutions and moving forward. In short she took some notes on what I would be willing to change if it meant I would move forward 6 months. She also said that I can contact her to just see what is available and she will try to match me to it, but it entirely depends on what is available at htat time.

So I guess better than last week for me in regards to status at Rivian, but I have a feeling that a lot of other later orders made after mine that are not LAS will be filled before they make mine.
Bummer, but yes…That’s pretty much what I expected to happen. The constant “no idea what it means and we don’t know anything” mantra, while stale, is probably all they’re empowered to say (or know) to mitigate setting false expectations.

My guide texted me back today (she officially is back in office tomorrow) and said, “Hi, thanks for reaching out! Confirming configuration just means that we want to make sure no changes will be made, and it looks like your ETA for the R1S is currently still in 2024.”

I have a meeting with her tomorrow and will ask many of the same questions you likely did. I’ll be sure to cover the “what would you be willing to accept if it meant moving you forward” topic. I’ve heard some guides are very nimble at finding available options for quicker deliveries, while, of course, others aren’t.

I suppose at least we have someone to annoy for the next 12+ months if nothing else…

Last edited:
OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Bummer, but yes…That’s pretty much what I expected to happen. The constant “no idea what it means and we don’t know anything” mantra, while stale, is probably all they’re empowered to say (or know) to mitigate setting false expectations.

My guide texted me back today (she officially is back in office tomorrow) and said, “Hi, thanks for reaching out! Confirming configuration just means that we want to make sure no changes will be made, and it looks like your ETA for the R1S is currently still in 2024.”

I have a meeting with her tomorrow and will ask many of the same questions you likely did. I’ll be sure to cover the “what would you be willing to accept if it meant moving you forward” topic. I’ve heard some guides are very nimble at finding available options for quicker deliveries, while, of course, others aren’t.
I expect you will hear the same, but hope you still post a recap of your meeting with your guide.

I only have 2 fairly weak points that give me hope of my/our orders being moved forward significantly
1. Her tone and throwing out a few months in 2023 as possibilities for gettting an R1S as opposed to 6-8 weeks from today
2. Most of us that got a guide recently are 2019 and 2020 preorders so maybe they want to get us off the books.

This bugging someone for 12 + months thing you mentioned....I like the way you think :)

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
I expect you will hear the same, but hope you still post a recap of your meeting with your guide.

I only have 2 fairly weak points that give me hope of my/our orders being moved forward significantly
1. Her tone and throwing out a few months in 2023 as possibilities for gettting an R1S as opposed to 6-8 weeks from today
2. Most of us that got a guide recently are 2019 and 2020 preorders so maybe they want to get us off the books.

This bugging someone for 12 + months thing you mentioned....I like the way you think :)
I’m sure they’d like to get ours off the books, but don’t have any confidence they can… Build plan efficiency and hitting volume targets is likely a much higher priority than being “fair”. That said, one way to help accelerate pre-order holders is to give much broader access to the R1 Shop and start batching and filling it up with orphaned trucks. Those should start ramping a bit more in 3-6 months.

I’m planning on asking about R1 Shop access tomorrow and will absolutely report back what I learn. 👍🏼

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I am happy for those of you that finally have some movements on your order. I wonder when the "cut-off" date is for moving LAS orders forward. I ordered in early 2021 and have received no such email. However, I am currently at peace with this predicament, so will continue follow this forum peripherally until closer to 2024.

GR

Sponsored

Larry T

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, Ford Explorer, Nissan Leaf, BYD Yuan+
Occupation
Manager
I am happy to hear LAS R1S being produced, and also happy some have gotten guides. But 2021 order dates with 2024 delivery window… and you got a guide already?
I’m June 2019 order with (latest) delivery window April -June 2023. As someone who has been obsessed with this vehicle and followed everything Rivian for 3-1/2 years now….no guide, no shop, no event invite for test drive, nada.
Sorry to sulk, just not feeling the love, and misery loves company.

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I am happy to hear LAS R1S being produced, and also happy some have gotten guides. But 2021 order dates with 2024 delivery window… and you got a guide already?
I’m June 2019 order with (latest) delivery window April -June 2023. As someone who has been obsessed with this vehicle and followed everything Rivian for 3-1/2 years now….no guide, no shop, no event invite for test drive, nada.
Sorry to sulk, just not feeling the love, and misery loves company.
We can appreciate how you feel. I have a hunch that we got guides not because they are going to make our ADV LAS R1S' anytime soon, but they want to start pushing unclaimed R1S onto us, and get rid of us.
Also, we still have a 2024 delivery date, and if that changes it won't be until they release the new delivery window updates

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I am happy for those of you that finally have some movements on your order. I wonder when the "cut-off" date is for moving LAS orders forward. I ordered in early 2021 and have received no such email. However, I am currently at peace with this predicament, so will continue follow this forum peripherally until closer to 2024.

GR
We will see if those of us with guides are actually moved forward any more than those without guides. I won't be surprised if this is just a way to get us assigned with any R1S they have unclaimed going forward as opposed to doing an LAS ADV R1S batch in 2023

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
the poor guides have very little information so be nice. Most of them are doing the best they can while working completely in the dark of the overall plan.
100%. Not my style to go all “Karen” on anyone. Rivian staff/employees have always been 100% cordial, professional, and sympathetic to what most/all understand are growing pains of a new company. And while the constant setting and re-setting of expectations could use some work, patience and respect are always the best path to take here.

That being said, sometimes having someone to speak to (ie; a guide) helps with feeling like just another order number. I’m hoping my guide is one of those that can give a bit more insight and perhaps, if I’m lucky, work a little extra “customer-service magic” once in a while to stave off the communication dry spells.

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Okay. Just had my intro call with my new guide and got pretty much the exact same script:

1) Confirmed my contact info
2) Confirmed my config and that I was currently still estimated as a "2024" delivery
3) Told me that the "confirm your configuration" email was largely for Rivian to better schedule build plans and that I should not necessarily expect to take delivery sooner than sometime in 2024.

That said, a few extra tidbits she offered:

1) She said it's certainly possible (obviously very non-committal) that my delivery date moves-up earlier. She said she didn't see anything in my config that she would consider a 'warning light' for delayed delivery - even LA Silver (although she did acknowledge that she didn't have any insight into build/batch plans or volume targets for different config options). She may have only been looking at obvious things (max pack, etc.), but she said that she believed all of my config options were in 'full production' and didn't have any red flags.

2) She did say that LE were being prioritized over ADV packages, so that might be something that's pushed me out (side note: I stupidly thought putting my deposit down locked me into LE and therefore waited absurdly long to configure my vehicle - by the time I got around to it, the LE offer was gone), but that she expected ADV packages to start this year vs. next year (again, not new info).

3) When I asked about access to the R1 Shop, she said that the R1S Shop hasn't opened yet, which made me think the R1T and R1S would have different shops vs. a unified R1T/R1S Shop (I should've clarified, but didn't think of it until after our call). This wouldn't really be a surprise either.

4) She said the R1S Shop would generally prioritize earlier order holders, but didn't give any timeline on when the R1S Shop would open, nor any expected dates of who would be considered 'early' for the first wave(s). Given that it sounds like mostly 2020 pre-order holders and earlier (2018 & 2019 included) were the ones who received the 1/6 "confirm your config" email, it might be logical to speculate that it'd be the same for R1S Shop access. There have been previous communications that Rivian was planning to offer much wider access to the R1 Shop.

5) Finally, she confirmed that she expected refreshed delivery estimates to come-out at the end of the month vs. any earlier. Again, no surprise here.

I realize there aren't any major news flashes here, but like you, @KingTodd, I left my call feeling a tiny bit hopeful that my delivery estimate might move up from 2024. With Rivian, being optimistic is risky, but given the above info along with her general tone, I am not closing the door to getting my R1S in 2023 (even if it's very late in the year).

Hope that helps. Anyone else who is getting more info, feel free to pile-on. This is probably not only LA Silver R1S-centric, but all R1S configurations.
Sponsored