Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Given the volume of messages on this site I could‘ve missed something even after searching so forgive me if this has been discussed.

I know that so far two Rivian executives each received an R1S. Have any other R1S deliveries taken place? Is Rivian delivering early examples to regular employees for testing as they did with the R1T?

I seem to recall that some members have March-April deliveries so it seems to me like Rivian isn’t delivering to employees first, maybe because most testing was done with the R1T.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I’m curious about the status of R1S as well. We saw a couple on sleds at an airport, speculation may be headed to Saudi. There were also a couple sitting at the Normal lot in the drone video of around 1k R1Ts. Someone also said that the R1S was not included in the employee program that seems to have ended so probably will not see the number of employee deliveries of the R1S that we did for the R1T.

CYoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I met a couple of the first 10 employees at Rivian the other day. I told them I was an April-May R1S delivery. They told me to anticipate closer to a May delivery instead of April.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It's hard to say right now. As of yesterday CS says I'm a Mar-Apr R1S delivery.

I really, really, really doubt that but it's what they're telling me.
You are the earliest one I know of, hope it comes through….??keep us posted

OP
OP
SoCal Rob

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I met a couple of the first 10 employees at Rivian the other day. I told them I was an April-May R1S delivery. They told me to anticipate closer to a May delivery instead of April.
Hopefully that works for you and your circumstances.

If they stay within the windows they provided I’ll be thrilled! Even if I get my October-December delivery on 12/31/2022 at 23:59:59 they’ll be on time in my book!

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
The lack of buzz around R1S (journalist first drives, appearances at hubs, first mile drives etc) seems to point to perhaps a protracted delay. I am hoping @Taycanfrank gets his in the allotted window to give us July-Sept holders some hope :)

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
I really hope we hear some news this coming week. My delivery window is March/April and I’m pretty skeptical it’s real to be honest.

OP
OP
SoCal Rob

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

The lack of buzz around R1S (journalist first drives, appearances at hubs, first mile drives etc) seems to point to perhaps a protracted delay. I am hoping @Taycanfrank gets his in the allotted window to give us July-Sept holders some hope :)
I’m an optimist so I assume that’s because they’re concentrating on customer deliveries now. Rivian can provide some R1S units to media outlets, hubs, and first mile drives after demonstrating to us (and Wall St) that they can deliver quality products in volume to customers.

Sponsored

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I really hope we hear some news this coming week. My delivery window is March/April and I’m pretty skeptical it’s real to be honest.
I'm in same boat @jtshaw - Oct'17 pre-order. LE R1S LG - OC interior - March/April delivery. No word at all yet.

Edit: October 2018

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCal Rob

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

It's hard to say right now. As of yesterday CS says I'm a Mar-Apr R1S delivery.

I really, really, really doubt that but it's what they're telling me.
What is your configuration? Is it safe to assume that you have a Black Mountain interior? It seems Rivian now considers that the default choice.

OP
OP
SoCal Rob

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I'm in same boat @jtshaw - Oct'17 pre-order. LE R1S LG - OC interior - March/April delivery. No word at all yet.
I’m envious of that LG/OC combo! Please post a pic or twenty when you get it.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I just want a delivery window, I swapped over to an LE R1S after the delivery windows were sent last November. I was May-June for the R1T so I expect I'll be July-Sept with the R1S. When they sent the price hike info the system was aware of the switch, but when i asked CS a few weeks back the delivery system still had me as May-June for an R1T.

August 2020 order date for what it's worth.
Sponsored