Sponsored

Private 1st Mile Drive Scheduled. Questions?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Probably won't be available at launch, but there seems like a ripe opportunity for a company to release a R1T-specific fridge accessory.
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I want to see someone test the nav capabilities in a cellular dead zone. Can we actually get a usable route if we know an address, when the vehicle doesn't have connectivity to the mother ship?
Or ask explicitly about what routing capabilities exist when you’re offline. - may be hard to run all these test in just 30 minutes.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Or ask explicitly about what routing capabilities exist when you’re offline. - may be hard to run all these test in just 30 minutes.
If we can get an authoritative answer... Rivian CS isn't known for providing accurate or consistent info.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I don't think you'll get a helpful answer, but the DCFC info and peak hardware capabilities of the LE trucks would be great (ie, can the LE truck handle 300 kW+, or is it limited to ~220 kw). As Kanundrum said there is conflicting info out there, and it appears the trucks are hardware limited, but MT was lead to believe the trucks have the capability of eventually hitting 300kW+ with the current hardware.

Other recent questions of interest:
1. Can you store Spotify music offline?
2. Can you select spotify music quality on the truck?
3. can you force download maps in the region for offline use?
4. When will Alexa integration start?
5. When will the pedestrian sound be enabled (assuming you don't hear it in the test drive)?
6. Will the app allow route selection/navigation to be completed on the app and pushed to the truck? (I'd frequently like to look up where I plan on going in my phone and send it to the truck beforehand, or share location info from yelp to the app to send to the truck)
7. You may want to try and get an app walk through from them (I'd hope they'd have a working app at the test drive).
8. If the truck is limited to AT&T LTE, will the truck connect to local wifi for connection where coverage is spotty (such as updates or preconditioning)? My ID.4 apparently won't.

OP
OP
747 Whalewatcher

747 Whalewatcher

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and Mercedes 450GLS
Occupation
Airline Operations
I have been trying to find this out too. Looking at the Dometic CFX3 45 and can't get a straight answer on whether this will sit on the floor of the frunk with the floor panel up. Unfortunately, it's too tall with the panel down and too tall for the bed with the cover closed. Thought frunk was perfect, but design changes seem to cut into the footprint.
I got this one and will measure and document as long as time permits.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I have been trying to find this out too. Looking at the Dometic CFX3 45 and can't get a straight answer on whether this will sit on the floor of the frunk with the floor panel up. Unfortunately, it's too tall with the panel down and too tall for the bed with the cover closed. Thought frunk was perfect, but design changes seem to cut into the footprint.
Sounds like an opportunity for a 3rd party outfitter to build a custom fit fridge for the frunk.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
- how to get maps when no cell signal is available [off roading or just not ATT towers around]
- can I use my cellphone as a hot spot?
- can a USB be used for music?
- any future plans to add more services for music other than Spotify?
- how much weight can the power tonneau handle?
- How much weight does the off road package add?
- any plans for a fridge for the front trunk?
- 60-0 distance?
- 0-60 with 20s, 21s and 22s [3secs for the 22s I imagine]
- will the website be updated with real pics s00n?
- store?

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Since this is a long list, any of them you see fit to include is appreciated:

Could you verify presence of HD FM in all trims and what type of wired connections the audio system has?

When will we be able to test drive an explore and listen to audio in an explore edition back to back to an Adventure?

Is 20" tire louder than 21"?

Is R1S design complete or it is still being refined?

Why is R1S towing capacity lower than R1T?

Does seat adjustment accommodate a short person? My wife maxs out seat adjustments to see over steering wheel and she had to pass up on some cars because the hight adjustment was not enough. I like her to be able to get behind the wheel.

What are the paid subscriptions available? What functionalities I lose if I do not subscribe?

What Data are collected? Can I opt out from sharing? Is that bundled with something else I would like to have?

Can I go back to the previous version after OTA update is applied?

Do you sell the dash wood trim piece separately? How much? I like the walnut dash in Ocean coast interior.

What is wattage on R1S 110V AC outlet? Does it have one?

If anyone already knows the answer to any of these please do share.

Thanks a bunch for offering. Again I know the time is limited so pick any of them you consider worthy.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Is 20" tire louder than 21"?
Honestly, what I'd love to see is a dB rating on a control road comparing all the tires options, so we get a relative idea of in-cabin road noise. I imagine that's not happening any time soon though ?

Reactions: Max

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Honestly, what I'd love to see is a dB rating on a control road comparing all the tires options, so we get a relative idea of in-cabin road noise. I imagine that's not happening any time soon though ?
That would be nice. I think people's impression is different depending on if windows are up or down or what they are driving on.

Here is from what was just posted on the forum:

"Driving at speeds of around 45 mph, you hear the big Pirelli tires rolling over the pavement and a pleasing hum from the electric motors, but that's it."

the word "hear" does not help me pick a wheel and tire if the same guy did not drive a 21" on the same road recording the DB with the same device. I hope all of us or at least the ones that want to get to make a choice on their options based on personal experience before delvery.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ve-review-of-the-r1t-in-automotive-news.2485/
Sponsored

Last edited: