Sponsored

Private 1st Mile Drive Scheduled. Questions?

747 Whalewatcher

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and Mercedes 450GLS
Occupation
Airline Operations
Not sure which category this should be posted in, so perhaps an admin can move it as needed...

As the title indicates, I have private drive scheduled later this week and while I have my own list of questions which are important to me, does anyone have any specific questions or details you are seeking info or answers to?

Rivian is bringing an R1T directly to my home on Long Island NY and supposedly they only allocate 30 minutes for the experience. While not much time, I'll do my best to get answers and post if anyone is interested. I plan to poke around as much as possible and will split the time with a 15 minute pre-planned drive and 15 minutes to interface with the vehicle. Video and pictures to follow.

Hope this helps and let me know,

Kevin
Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Based on what I posted in my experience, I think it would be good for you to play with the heads-up navigation. Wherever you are driving during your test drive, try using the navigation system and see how responsive you feel it is.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I want to see someone test the nav capabilities in a cellular dead zone. Can we actually get a usable route if we know an address, when the vehicle doesn't have connectivity to the mother ship?

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Measurements of the tray underneath the divider in the frunk would be very helpful. What's the maximum size (h,w,d) you can fit in the frunk with the divider up or removed. Rivian changed the design and now it appears too narrow to fit a 12v fridge in the frunk. The bed with the top closed is very shallow (17in) so only the smallest fridges will fit and the bed doesn't have a 12v outlet. Plus, with the spare under the bed, sliders won't work either. If the frunk is out, this adventure vehicle with an optional kitchen may not support carrying fridges which seems like a crazy oversight.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Confirmation of HD Radio support as well as does Alexa integration support all Alexa commands that you would get on an Echo, such as playing of other streaming music services (iHeart, Pandora, Sirius XM) and Home automation commands (lights, etc). This would help with what appears to be the potential lack of support of other services and CarPlay/AA (realizing you need Cell Service to support).

Sponsored

OP
OP
747 Whalewatcher

747 Whalewatcher

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and Mercedes 450GLS
Occupation
Airline Operations

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
EA charging curve. Rivian states or has said in multiple interviews, charging rates up to 200+ kW. Would love to know before taking delivery, what is Rivian’s charging curve on EA DCFC?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

EA charging curve. Rivian states or has said in multiple interviews, charging rates up to 200+ kW. Would love to know before taking delivery, what is Rivian’s charging curve on EA DCFC?

This, also if LE vehicles will be capable of 300kw+ or will those be vehicles down the road? S1 states one thing, website states another.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I would be curious about whether the Trial Membership has been activated on the truck you'll be driving. If so, would you be allowed to turn it off, so you can see how the truck operates without it. And, if it's not allowed, find out what features will be removed if you choose not to subscribe. Maybe even find out what optional plans will be available. None of these are major questions, as I will find out at some point. Only if you happen to think about it......Thanks Kevin.

Sponsored

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Id love to hear thoughts on ease of getting into the back seat without the door fully open (ie parking spots next to vehicles). All I've seen so far is the door fully open with people getting in.

BucksCoR1T

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 PRIME
Occupation
Director, clinical operations
Measurements of the tray underneath the divider in the frunk would be very helpful. What's the maximum size (h,w,d) you can fit in the frunk with the divider up or removed. Rivian changed the design and now it appears too narrow to fit a 12v fridge in the frunk. The bed with the top closed is very shallow (17in) so only the smallest fridges will fit and the bed doesn't have a 12v outlet. Plus, with the spare under the bed, sliders won't work either. If the frunk is out, this adventure vehicle with an optional kitchen may not support carrying fridges which seems like a crazy oversight.
I have been trying to find this out too. Looking at the Dometic CFX3 45 and can't get a straight answer on whether this will sit on the floor of the frunk with the floor panel up. Unfortunately, it's too tall with the panel down and too tall for the bed with the cover closed. Thought frunk was perfect, but design changes seem to cut into the footprint.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

1. Would you mind asking about the color Limestone. Is it still going to be offered? Will they show any in that color at the First Mile events?
  2. What is the difference in the audio system between the Adventure/LE and Explore trims other than one being Meridian and having more speakers? Wattage, amplifier, speakers, etc
  3. What material is used in the Explore trim that replaces the wood trim in the Adventure/LE?
  4. Is there any difference in material used on the seats between the Adventure/LE and Explore trims?
I have asked CS multiple times and never got a clear answer other than marketing-speak. And thanks for offering.

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

I have been trying to find this out too. Looking at the Dometic CFX3 45 and can't get a straight answer on whether this will sit on the floor of the frunk with the floor panel up. Unfortunately, it's too tall with the panel down and too tall for the bed with the cover closed. Thought frunk was perfect, but design changes seem to cut into the footprint.
It's not looking good. Based on the most recent photos of supposedly final production vehicles, the tray space is very narrow. Just wide enough for the charge bag. You might be able to squeeze a Dometic CFX 28 (13.46"w) in the frunk but it doesn't look like it. If the frunk is out, then it looks like only the ARB Classic Series II 37Qt (16.9"H) or maybe the 63QT (17"H) will fit in the bed. But then you have to hook to 110V and deal with it sliding around.
Rivian R1T R1S Private 1st Mile Drive Scheduled. Questions? message-editor_1632805471179-2022rivianr1tstorage2
Sponsored