First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
I did not receive a priority email. But I think the reason behind that is that I bought an R1S from a private party and had it transferred into my account. Wahhhhhhh.
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
"Rivian will offer you priority access to configure a Rivian R2 vehicle and to delivery appointments for your R2 purchase or lease. The timing of such priority access will be determined by Rivian at its sole discretion once R2 vehicles are generally made available to the public for purchase in your area."

Wait, so after R2 vehicles are generally available to the public for purchase, then Rivian will determine the timing of my priority access to configure an R2.

I can't make this stuff up.
That's not what they are saying. When R2 are available to be delivered you will be one of the first in line.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I did not receive a priority email. But I think the reason behind that is that I bought an R1S from a private party and had it transferred into my account. Wahhhhhhh.
You should still be in the priority queue having an account and owning an R1.

One thing to understand though, as we all learned the queue is not really a queue, it is somewhat random. There are other things that come into play like location, configuration, etc…

They already have a support infrastructure in place and should be even larger in 2026 so the deliveries should be more widespread for the R2 than it was for the R1. Hopefully that will help a little with “Priority” deliveries.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

"Rivian will offer you priority access to configure a Rivian R2 vehicle and to delivery appointments for your R2 purchase or lease. The timing of such priority access will be determined by Rivian at its sole discretion once R2 vehicles are generally made available to the public for purchase in your area."

Wait, so after R2 vehicles are generally available to the public for purchase, then Rivian will determine the timing of my priority access to configure an R2.

I can't make this stuff up.
It's the same deal as R1 was. If you don't live close to a service center you're going to be waiting a while. I think you are reading too far into the specific language.

bendrumin

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Acura RDX
Occupation
Salesforce Developer
Just got some clarification from Support. All community and owners of the R1 (direct or third party) get priority access when available.

Sponsored

MacJoC

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer (R2 reserved)
Seems odd that they just don't source the cars in the order that they were reserved...?

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Seems odd that they just don't source the cars in the order that they were reserved...?
Because they aren't going to build to order each car. They build them in batches so if your configuration isn't in that batch, someone who ordered after you might get lucky and get it before you.

OverEasyGoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Wrangler, '23 R1S, '79 Scout, R2 Reserved
Want your R2 sooner? Buy your R1 today!

Not a bad idea but I wonder how many people will buy an $80k car now to get their $45k car faster.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

Want your R2 sooner? Buy your R1 today!

Not a bad idea but I wonder how many people will buy an $80k car now to get their $45k car faster.
Right. lol. Buy a $80k vehicle so you can get slightly faster delivery of the $45k. That is an absurdly ridiculous proposition.

Sponsored

macb00kemdanno

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+. 2023 Tesla Model Y LR
It's the same deal as R1 was. If you don't live close to a service center you're going to be waiting a while. I think you are reading too far into the specific language.
How close is close? :CWL:

I'm in the Raleigh, NC area, and the closest service center to me is in Richmond, VA or about 3 hours away. I would assume that Virginia reservation holders would go first, but I hope that we neighbors to the south wouldn't have to wait TOO long :)

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, they announced this during the reveal as well

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We were very early Rivian adopters on 11/28/2018, the second day of taking reservations. When it came to getting our R1T, it took 4 1/2 years because we were put behind thousands of other customers because of where we live. To finally get our R1T, we had to cheat a little and switch our address to our son's in Jacksonville.

We have had our R1T for a years now but are still over 300 miles from the nearest Rivian Service Center. As Rivian seems to keep adding new Service Centers only in or near big cities, we will most likely still be in the same boat when they start selling R2s. Even though we have a first day reservation for an R2, we still may be at the bottom of the pile.

Brian
Sponsored