Preferred R1S Seat Configuration?

Which R1S Seat Configuration?

• Total voters

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Curious to see where folks are at. Also confess to wanting to see/demonstrate level of interest for 6 seat configuration, which I would really, really love to see Rivian make as an option, similar to Model X and XC90 Recharge. For us, just works so much better with kids and car seats, which make tilt/fold 2nd row a deal breaker. I realize Rivian needs to simplify configurations as it ramps production but please allow us the option to diy remove 2nd row middle seat?:fingerscrossed:

Regardless, fun to be on this journey and thanks for making a great product.
Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I'm on the tail end of raising kids and car pools.... I have absolutely no use for a third row until grand kids come along which I hope is still 10 years aways... However, if Rivian keeps the 5 seater and 7 seater the exact same price (as is the case right now) I will opt for the 7 seater. I will either lay the third row down or remove it for my own use and plan for slightly better resale value in the future and have it just in case those grandkids come sooner than later....

*All this assumes that Rivian won't be offering a Max battery that requires the third row delete. Max battery is job one for me.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
5-seater is my preferred configuration, by a very large margin. I am currently configured for a 7 seat LE and extremely disappointed that the 5-seater is not available with LE. Once specifics of the 7-seater are revealed, I will determine if I can live with it as a compromise for earlier delivery or if I have to pass on LE and wait until 2022 for the 5-seater. I am really not happy about this potential compromise.

OP
OP

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Sounds like Rivian could potentially make several camps happy if both 3rd row and middle seat 2nd row are customer-removable.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
the new MDX has an easily removable 2nd row center section.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
the new MDX has an easily removable 2nd row center section.

That's slick, and something similar would be incredible for R1S! Someone that's hardcore on captain chairs should send that link to Rivian.

OP
OP

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Yes! I will send to them and report back with response.

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
Curious to see where folks are at. Also confess to wanting to see/demonstrate level of interest for 6 seat configuration, which I would really, really love to see Rivian make as an option, similar to Model X and XC90 Recharge. For us, just works so much better with kids and car seats, which make tilt/fold 2nd row a deal breaker. I realize Rivian needs to simplify configurations as it ramps production but please allow us the option to diy remove 2nd row middle seat?:fingerscrossed:

There is another poll with the same question:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/r1s-five-six-or-seven-seats.852/

OP
OP

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
This in reply to me sending the MDX link above with a plea for customer configurable seating in R1S:

Thanks again for the feedback! The current available seating options are the 5-seat configuration or the 7-seat configuration. We’ve definitely made note of your feedback, though, and you never know what the future may hold. We appreciate you being on this journey with us and can’t wait to get you behind the wheel!

Your fellow adventurer,

Sponsored

OP
OP

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I send a weekly reminder about 6 seat configuration to Rivian customer service to try to keep it top of mind. Below is the response I got today, which, as an inherently optimistic person, I choose to see as progress. At least they aren’t telling me that the only available configurations are 5 and 7. More likely I’ve been labeled a nuisance and this is the only canned response they will ever send me.

Come on Rivian! Save me from buying a Musk Minivan!

“Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the Customer Engagement Center. We are happy to be here to help you along your journey with Rivian. Thank you for sharing this suggestion with us. We always appreciate getting feedback from our community and love to hear what you think! We will save this on your profile, and forward this suggestion to the appropriate teams. Thanks again! “

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y

I have a six seat X and used to have a six seat Navigator as well as a seven seat X. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the six seat configuration. Great for our large dogs and access to 3rd row. Rivian, if you are listening, PLEASE make this an option! 21% in this poll and 26.5% in another poll asking the same question. Demand is there.

Deleted member 1713

You forgot a four seat option. I would love to give more luxury to the second row without storing the extra third row bench.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
You forgot a four seat option. I would love to give more luxury to the second row without storing the extra third row bench.
Something like this Range Rover? I doubt Rivian is going down that route any time soon, although it looks super-luxurious.
Rivian R1T R1S Preferred R1S Seat Configuration? 1614118391748

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I did recently get these measurements from Rivian customer support when I was asking for some pictures. They were not ready to share pictures but did provide these particular measurements

• The cargo floor length behind third-row seats is 553 mm.
• The cargo width behind third-row seats is 1298 mm.
• The cargo floor length behind second-row seats is 1353 mm.
• The cargo width behind the second-row seats is 1298 mm.
• The cargo width minimum with 5 passenger seating is 1151 mm.
• The cargo height with 7-passenger seating is 855 mm.

• The cargo height with 5-passenger seating is 925 mm.

• The cargo width minimum and maximum ranges from 1084-1496 mm.
• The cargo volume behind the third-row seats is 499 liters.
• The cargo volume behind the second-row seats with the third row folded is 1323 liters.
• The cargo volume behind the first-row seats with the second and third-row seats folded down is 2499 liters.
Sponsored