Sponsored

Potential place in production/delivery line!

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

One of my very first questions for my guide is going to be "What configuration will get me quickest delivery?" Next is, "will pickup in Normal be quicker than delivery to California?"

I snagged an LE, and I want it in June. July at the latest! :)
One of my very first questions for my guide is going to be "What configuration will get me quickest delivery?" Next is, "will pickup in Normal be quicker than delivery to California?"

I agree, whatever I need to do to get mine early. My order was on Nov 28th, 2018. I'm in PA near Trenton NJ. When my guide contacts me, I will also pick it up at the factory if I have to.
Dammit! Two and a half years already!
Sponsored

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

Not lucky enough to be a LE reservation holder, but I think they should extend that option to the early adapters OR just add some premium charge to do the some Bloomington/Normal pick up experience that includes hotel, tour, pick up from the airport, etc..

I live 45 minutes away from the plant and would pay the extra to pick up from the factory just for a tour of the facility. Contrary to what some may think about Central Illinois being just fields of corn and soybean, Bloomington/Normal has other stuff to see and visit besides Rivian.

Would be so cool to be able to see my own R1S roll off the assembly line and be able to drive it when it's 0 on the odometer. Not getting my hopes up.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
My biggest hope is that they can give a pretty accurate forecast of where delivery will be for all LE holders by May/June. I have a 13xxx order number and an R1T/LE reservation. If I am going to get in in summer, I'll probably keep it. If it's October or later, I'll probably wait for the Max Pack.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9

Within the US, I think edition and order # and douchebag auto dealer network lawsuits are all that's going to impact when they ship. They probably won't offer pickup in Normal until Covid is 100% wupped. I suspect the only delay for being farther from Normal, is the amount of time it takes to ship the truck to your location. The factory is very well-equipped for shipping via railroad so can't imagine this will be more than days to a week longer to get it to a distribution center and then tow it to you from there on a flatbed.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Plus they say your location has an influence. Probably CA and Chicagoland areas first? Who knows.?
That likely refers to US/Canada is my guess. They've got a badass railroad shipping platform at that factory. Douchebag dealer networks filing lawsuits 3 months before launch might become a geography factor though. In which case Illinois may be ironically not the best state to be in for earliest possible delivery.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'm curious how the move to CA HQ might affect the purchase process for states with archaic dealer laws. Online sale in CA, with possible IL factory pickup?

Wiffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 4Runner SR5 4WD
My 4runner just died after 21 years of service (transmission). I just went from patiently considering waiting for the max pack R1S w/ a removable roof to counting the days until my guide calls me to give me a timeline for the R1S LE.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
My 4runner just died after 21 years of service (transmission). I just went from patiently considering waiting for the max pack R1S w/ a removable roof to counting the days until my guide calls me to give me a timeline for the R1S LE.
Another Austinite! BTW, Rivian is bringing an R1T to Austin for lege show & tell, hopefully to help with the direct sales effort.

See my post here & I know they would appreciate preorder holder support if you can swing by next Mon/Tues:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/r1t-in-austin-tx-next-week.1369/

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Sorry for your loss. I hope you're able to make the jump to the LE R1S. Every time I think of those removable roof panels, I wonder who'll be the first to report that they somehow managed to shatter one as they were rushing to reinstall them ahead of the encroaching thunderstorm. I'd hate to find out that the same seals that prevent water intrusion from the outside also allow the Rivian to hold one meter's worth of water on the inside, as well. ?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Sorry for your loss. I hope you're able to make the jump to the LE R1S. Every time I think of those removable roof panels, I wonder who'll be the first to report that they somehow managed to shatter one as they were rushing to reinstall them ahead of the encroaching thunderstorm. I'd hate to find out that the same seals that prevent water intrusion from the outside also allow the Rivian to hold one meter's worth of water on the inside, as well. ?
Yeah, I don't remember seeing any drain plugs

Wiffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 4Runner SR5 4WD
Another Austinite! BTW, Rivian is bringing an R1T to Austin for lege show & tell, hopefully to help with the direct sales effort.

See my post here & I know they would appreciate preorder holder support if you can swing by next Mon/Tues:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/r1t-in-austin-tx-next-week.1369/
Just looked at that thread but looks like the R1T may not be coming afterall? If it ever does, just send me the place and time and I'll be there.
Sponsored