Sponsored

Possible Accessory Costs - How much will my R1T really be?

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
Hi Everyone,

Was just configuring a 4 Door Bronco and Ford added every possible accessory to the configurator. I was able to configure with various racks for bikes and kayaks, rails, RT Tent, hitch, different tops, ect. ect. I ended up at checkout around 60K from 41.5K on the Outer Banks model.

I know the cars aren't comparable, I just really like the Bronco as a backup if I end of canceling my R1T which I really don't want to do. But I wondering how much the extras might run. A full set of cross bars, the RT Tent, bike or kayak racks, does the bed need a liner. We know the cover is included and the kitchen costs 5K...but what else might they add on that will be must adds to the order and how much can we expect to spend besides the $75K (minus the color uncharges)?

I'm not installing a wall charger in my home, I might just go charge at the local super market as I shop when I'm low. But we don't know the cost of this either unless we go 3rd party on this and all of the other things mentioned.
It comes with a charger
And you will use it
Why would you want to pay so much to charge elsewhere?

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
  • Crossbars will likely be at least $300/set of 2 (more for the cab height ones for the R1T bed if they offer them). Toyota gets $315 on the RAV4 set. Audi gets $500. Land Rover gets $576 (+$1,400 for the rails to attach them to).
  • The OEM tire tire alone will be be $400-$500, a spare with the wheel likely $750+ (more for the black wheels)
  • Could be in the ballpark on the tent
I was told it comes with a Spare Tire
I do want a second, 6 tires

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
I'm hoping for the free LE T-shirt to coincide with a factory tour and vehicle pickup in Normal, this June. ?

Of all the "options", knowing what the needed spare will cost us would be nice to know.
I was told it comes with a Spare

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

If the price seems high check with your guide because it probably comes as a kit with storage tie downs jack and lug wrench.

not sure what the price is but wanted to mention that.
The tire changing accessories are something to consider, I hadn't thought about those.

Since I won't get getting my R1T until late fall, I'll have plenty of time find out what it will come with.

Sponsored

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I just found out the spare tire isn't included. That's such BS. No other pickup truck ships without a spare. I had a Volvo V60 and got stranded in it without a spare. Bought the spare kit the next week from the dealer. $700 and only had a donut spare. Rivian won't be a nickel cheaper. This aggravates me.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I just found out the spare tire isn't included. That's such BS. No other pickup truck ships without a spare. I had a Volvo V60 and got stranded in it without a spare. Bought the spare kit the next week from the dealer. $700 and only had a donut spare. Rivian won't be a nickel cheaper. This aggravates me.
Depends on your state, but yes it's bs in my book too, specially since these are adventure vehicles. The R1S may not even have a full size spare tire option...

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Automakers are removing spare tires to reduce weight to increase mileage. I think it's such BS though. I've used my spares no less than once every other year. Some times at night or in the middle of nowhere. Tow trucks will take way too long to get there. Plus, if you lose a tire with that 21" wheel you're royally screwed since you cannot get a replacement from any ol' tire shop.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

It comes with a spare, if you configure your vehicle with one, and there is a super rad place to store it without getting extremely dirty...unless you have cow manure in the bed of your R1T.

On a more serious note, if it did come with a spare, it would be a donut...we actually plan to buy it and a 5th 20" rim...and go with a 5 tire rotation in order to achieve max life for this first set of tires.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

It comes with a spare, if you configure your vehicle with one, and there is a super rad place to store it without getting extremely dirty...unless you have cow manure in the bed of your R1T.

On a more serious note, if it did come with a spare, it would be a donut...we actually plan to buy it and a 5th 20" rim...and go with a 5 tire rotation in order to achieve max life for this first set of tires.
It's funny that although Jimmy Carter was the President the last time I used a spare, I'd feel spooked to go anywhere off-road, let alone on the pavement without one. One of my cars has a compressor and several cans of Stop-a-Flat along with my AAA membership card, but that makes me nervous.

A spare is like a lifeboat or a parachute. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. That said, none of them do you any good unless you know how to use them and to do so safely.

However, I've heard it said that "if your parachute fails, don't worry, you have the rest of your life to fix it." ?‍♂

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I chatted online with their service crew. They said not including a spare hasn't been a complaint and that many vehicles now sell without them. I told him this is an issue and to send my complaint up the flagpole. Sure Carollas and Leafs might not carry a spare, but their competition is Wranglers, Tacomas, Broncos. I'm not buying a commuter here. AAA doesn't come out to even the campgrounds (I know from experience).

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I chatted online with their service crew. They said not including a spare hasn't been a complaint and that many vehicles now sell without them. I told him this is an issue and to send my complaint up the flagpole. Sure Carollas and Leafs might not carry a spare, but their competition is Wranglers, Tacomas, Broncos. I'm not buying a commuter here. AAA doesn't come out to even the campgrounds (I know from experience).
I think the reason it hasn't been a complaint is because we will be able to add it if we want it, they are just making it an option. If it was standard, everyone would be paying for it. Now, only those of us who plan to buy it, myself included, will have to pay for it. Makes no difference to me, but benefits those who don't plan to add it.

OP
OP
njcoach24

njcoach24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKC
I'm also slightly worried about all the add ons even though the truck is fully loaded at 75K. Once you change the color, add another tire, roof racks and whatever else they drop you pushing into the 80's....that is about two fully loaded off road Tacoma's or Broncos. Rivian at 75K is no doubt a decent deal especially considering it is truly a better truck...but there are a lot of unknowns still. Toyota has 1.9% APR right now. And we don't know if Rivian will hold value or tank. I'm a fan and I really want one but the majority of people getting into the electric truck market are going Cybertruck and its obvious based on the preorders. We, the consumers going in on the first run take the highest risk. Especially if they start release cooler versions 6 months down the line. The convertible edition or something like that.
Sponsored