Sponsored

Possible Accessory Costs - How much will my R1T really be?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
You would need a 12K winch, double the weight of the vehicle is a good rule of thumb. You can buy some 12K winches for $600-$700, and Warn Zeon 12K can be had for less than $1500 with synthetic line, and it looks like the steel cable version is uner $1K at Northern Tool right now (replace it with synthetic for $150 or so).

My $1500 includes the "Rivian tax" and provides them plenty of margin.

Yeah, I know what that is & what winches look like. That's also a Hawse fairlead, which means synthetic line.

There's not room for a winch with integrated solenoid behind that bumper...it could not pertrude into the air intake right above the bumper. Might be just the spool with solenoid mounted elsewhere (even possibly beside it in the bumper)
Warn website shows many more expensive options too. If rivian is testing their own accessory winch, they may have solved the packaging issue.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Warn website shows many more expensive options too.
No need for their powerplant (or whatever they call it) line that also has an air compressor. Zeon is the top model I'd consider purchasing & what I have on my white Jeep; Warn also has more budget-friendly options as well.

If rivian is testing their own accessory winch, they may have solved the packaging issue.
That was my point:

"Also wondering if it is different than typical aftermarket winches...seems like a pretty small place for a winch."

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I plan on getting a matching 20" AT wheel and going with a 5-tire rotation.
The spare we buy better come with the matching wheel.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

You would need a 12K winch, double the weight of the vehicle is a good rule of thumb. You can buy some 12K winches for $600-$700, and Warn Zeon 12K can be had for less than $1500 with synthetic line, and it looks like the steel cable version is uner $1K at Northern Tool right now (replace it with synthetic for $150 or so).

My $1500 includes the "Rivian tax" and provides them plenty of margin.

Yeah, I know what that is & what winches look like. That's also a Hawse fairlead, which means synthetic line.

There's not room for a winch with integrated solenoid behind that bumper...it could not pertrude into the air intake right above the bumper. Might be just the spool with solenoid mounted elsewhere (even possibly beside it in the bumper).

Here are my 2 current winches, which are both 10K, and no way that either could come close to fitting inside an R1 bumper.

FB_IMG_1548825083113~2.jpg

20140110_2.jpg
Skyote, You have some baddass toys! Color me Launch Green with envy! ???

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Per a convo I had with CS, it will be a boring steel wheel.
Depending on the price, that may not be a bad thing.

Perhaps they'll offer two spare tire options -- steel wheel (included in states that require it) and an upgrade to a matching alloy, for those who are willing to pay.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I’m going to look into finding a used steel wheel and maybe tire at a local tire shop then buy my own jack. I expect it to be significantly cheaper. The only thing I won’t be able to buy on my own is that mount that holds it in the spare compartment. Hopefully whatever they do it’s not so proprietary I can’t rig something up myself.

this Rivian is already costing me more than every other vehicle I’ve bought combined. I need to find a place to save money.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Depending on the price, that may not be a bad thing.

Perhaps they'll offer two spare tire options -- steel wheel (included in states that require it) and an upgrade to a matching alloy, for those who are willing to pay.
That is what I am hoping for. Give me the option to pay for the matching 20" AT.
Sponsored