• Total voters

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Never used it. Heck, I donā€™t even know if it works.

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
I used it daily at work until the locking mechanism broke and its now been locked in place for the past few months. Service booked later this month to likely replace the locking mechanism.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I use it when I'm working in the garage on something, it's nice to have a good quality sounding speaker that also charges my phone while working on random projects.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
I can't wait to see the results that say almost never for most people - yet it's one of the things they REALLY pushed.

You should do a poll on the flashlight in the door. Another feature they made a big deal of, but it probably never gets used (and I know this cause my JGC has a flashlight built in in the rear cargo area, never gets used either).

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

At this point Iā€™m an ā€œalmost neverā€ but I do expect that to change after winter and when I get used to actually having it. There were several occasions I could have used it last summer but completely forgot it existed.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Well.. wonder what the next cost savings cut will be. šŸ˜¶

that said. Considering how big that center console is with the camp speaker under it would have been a cool spot for a little built in fridge/cooler.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I don't typically want blaring loud music while we're camping but for other things it has worked out well.

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
The speaker I think probably would be a useful thing it just doesn't need to be where it is. It would be just as good in a slot in the frunk, no one needs to access it while they're driving and I'd rather just have more storage.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

camp speaker is gimmicky. probably sounded cool in an office when they were brainstorming it but doesnt surprise me usage it low. they should have spent the time and money on more functional features.

Sponsored

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I can't wait to see the results that say almost never for most people - yet it's one of the things they REALLY pushed.

You should do a poll on the flashlight in the door. Another feature they made a big deal of, but it probably never gets used (and I know this cause my JGC has a flashlight built in in the rear cargo area, never gets used either).
I actually use the flashlight on occasion. It's bright, and it being in the door is handy access. If I had to go to the cargo area to get it I might never use it - how lazy is that!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I've only had my R1T for about a month, and have only used it to try it, for about a minute. It's fine, it doesn't bother me, but if it was a $200 option, I probably would have skipped it. I have other portable speakers at home, but I guess it makes it convenient that I will never forget one if I go on a roadtrip. The flashlight is at least useful in an emergency, I feel like everyone should keep one in their car.

Edit: adding a picture of my aftermarket flashlight setup for my Wrangler. Rivianā€™s setup is definitely more elegant.
Rivian R1T R1S Poll:  How often do you use the Camp Speaker? 0793AE0B-9301-4185-9D67-1E4280D6AF33

Last edited:

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired

I've used the flashlight a few times...mostly camping.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

You should do a poll on the flashlight in the door. Another feature they made a big deal of, but it probably never gets used
Just because You don't use these things frequently doesn't mean they aren't used by others or useful generally. I use both my speaker and flashlight on the weekly for various reasons and am very grateful for the seamless* integration into the body, instead of another "thing" floating around the truck or to forget when I pack up for trips.

The audience here is a little more "advanced" when it comes to trucking, DIY, etc as well. So for* the Average Gary, these are probably game changers and lovely additions.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Don't have my T yet. That space originally was just a pull forward drawer, which I'd be ok with them revisiting. The speaker/lantern inclusion I think is an awesome swiss army knife approach to camping, as it's always with your vehicle.

In reality, I only really go car camping 2-3 times a year, the rest is hike in/out and there's no way the camp speaker is making it into my backpack :whew:
Sponsored