First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I got the email and was immediately concerned the took my 7 completed steps back from me!

Not the case...thankfully. I can honestly say I didn't read it top to bottom because I didnt feel it much pertained to me since I have my VIN and the truck should have by now left Normal.
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I suspect this is going out to everyone. Reading the content in the email, why would it *not* be sent everyone?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I hope you're right I but I dont think the poll proves that yet.

I mean, have you see how sloppy the data is in the various other polls? People reporting they had an R1S with Max pack....

edit: also this poll is missing options for "2023+ estimated delivery R1S" and missing options for "no estimated delivery" folks (post December preorders)
Also lacking the option of "Already received my vehicle but have an estimated 2023 delivery for max pack R1T and 2024+ for my Standard Pack R1S"

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
LE R1S, 10/19 preorder, June/July 2022 delivery window. Still no email and I usually get the emails. I don’t mean to minimize the correspondence for those who did receive it and I know there’s usually a delay for however many tens of thousands of us preorder people to all get email correspondence, but I’m guessing it was probably a mistake for whatever reason that the email went out and it was stopped.

Especially since the email went to people who already have their vehicles. Sounds like it was meant for specific distribution (like people who don’t have their vehicles) but was accidentally sent to everyone before the mistake was discovered. Now they’re fixing the distribution list. Not like this mistake has never been made before by anyone.

Last edited:

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Got an updated email overnight:

About our last email, please ignore

Clearly that last email wasn’t intended for you. We’re getting the next crop of owners ready for their Rivian adventure and hit the wrong button. I may, or may not, have been daydreaming about driving an R1T.

Thanks for being on the ride with us,

Tony Caravano
Head of Customer Engagement

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Got an updated email overnight:

About our last email, please ignore

Clearly that last email wasn’t intended for you. We’re getting the next crop of owners ready for their Rivian adventure and hit the wrong button. I may, or may not, have been daydreaming about driving an R1T.

Thanks for being on the ride with us,

Tony Caravano
Head of Customer Engagement
Guessing he hit the wrong button on this email as well, since I've already been through the purchase process and didn't receive the correction.

OP
OP
kurtlikevonnegut

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

It's certainly possible that this email was supposed to go to everyone as the "Friday Update" and for one reason or another was sent to a somewhat random group early.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Guessing he hit the wrong button on this email as well, since I've already been through the purchase process and didn't receive the correction.
emails are being batched and you have to be matched to the email. If you’re willing to change your email client of, you may get the email before end of day - otherwise fall 😂

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I just spoke with Customer Service and they said it was simply an "educational" piece and is going out to everyone, so maybe we're reading too much into this one. Apparently lots of people were confused and excited......then had their hopes and dreams crushed when they read more into the email.

I then asked about the updated delivery emails, but they didn't have an exact date....said hopefully it should be in the next few weeks.

He then said I had Adventure with large battery back and BM interior, which they are prioritizing now. I currently have a July-September window, but there's potential to take delivery sooner.

They just keep toying with my emotions!!!

Last edited:

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I hope you're right I but I dont think the poll proves that yet.

I mean, have you see how sloppy the data is in the various other polls? People reporting they had an R1S with Max pack....

edit: also this poll is missing options for "2023+ estimated delivery R1S" and missing options for "no estimated delivery" folks (post December preorders)
Here’s possibly more evidence that email was not sent to everyone with a preorder: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/get-ready-for-the-purchase-process-email.5293/post-142632

Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
That "sorry" email was sent to folks that have already received their truck.
Yes. I guess I’m trying to determine if Tony sent that email only to a subset of preorders that should be expecting guides soon. The obvious mistake was including folks that recently received their R1 vehicles.

As I’m interpreting the current poll results, it looks like not ever preorder holder was sent that email? Lots of “no” responses still coming in.

Whatever! Time will tell.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Yes. I guess I’m trying to determine if Tony sent that email only to a subset of preorders that should be expecting guides soon. The obvious mistake was including folks that recently received their R1 vehicles.

As I’m interpreting the current poll results, it looks like not ever preorder holder was sent that email? Lots of “no” responses still coming in.

Whatever! Time will tell.
Best practices dictate that they could/should be throttling the sending of the email, otherwise, a receiving server may flag it as a spam attack. Give it another 24 - 48 hours before drawing any conclusion.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Best practices dictate that they could/should be throttling the sending of the email, otherwise, a receiving server may flag it as a spam attack. Give it another 24 - 48 hours before drawing any conclusion.
I would assume a large entity like them sending thousands of emails would utilize something like sendgrid or similiar. That's what we leveraged when we had to send thousands of emails out to people at a larger company. Allows you to see how many read, helps avoid spam attacks, etc.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I would assume a large entity like them sending thousands of emails would utilize something like sendgrid or similiar. That's what we leveraged when we had to send thousands of emails out to people at a larger company. Allows you to see how many read, helps avoid spam attacks, etc.
Right, but that's part of my point. SendGrid and others use email throttling which can delay delivery.
Sponsored