Pic request: R1T underside / undercarriage with and without Off-Road Upgrade

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I forgot about that. We will Se what happens to the configuration once the dust settles after this weeks shenanigans
One of the pictures of an R1T I had seen without the front tow hooks, didn't have the silver skid plate and just what looked to be black plastic. I reached out to CS via chat twice last week. Both times, I was told they would email me back to confirm that the front skid plate would still be silver even without the Off-Road Upgrade.

An hour before the pricing email change that caused a ruckus, I heard back via email from CS about my question. Here is what he said: "I was able to confirm the silver skid plate IS part of the Off-road Upgrade. Our configurator needs to be updated to reflect the subtle change in image displayed between the 2 packages. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have informed our development team to update this image."

I updated my configuration to add the Upgrade, hopefully it doesn't delay my March/April delivery estimate for my R1S, and hopefully the info I received is accurate.

Rivian R1T R1S Pic request: R1T underside / undercarriage with and without Off-Road Upgrade BA97C73D-22A6-4F7D-A008-2D0D8068CC28
Sponsored

OrthoBlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X5 PHEV
Now that we have more of these trucks in the wild, do we have any more definitive pictures of the underbody shield option (ideally both installed on the truck vs. without the option, and separately a picture from a brave soul who has somehow removed it from the truck to get pictures from both sides to see where the ~140lbs of weight is going to)?