Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I will not put my credentials in a website either. If you can’t give me the details to setup an ACH from my side then I’ll just pay with a cashier’s check which is what I did for my purchase.

I know there are security measures everywhere around the financial transactions but the less exposure I can provide the more comfortable I am. It is way easier to refute transactions when they have not been processed through my login.
Did you just bring the cashier check on the delivery day? Rivian we’re OK with that?
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Did you just bring the cashier check on the delivery day? Rivian we’re OK with that?
I did, I uploaded the image of the check once I picked it up and did a factory delivery, handed them the check on my delivery.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Explaining how security works is not shaming you, get over yourself. I'm not responsible for your feelings, if you feel shamed by my posts then address whatever insecurities you have that are making you feel that way. Simply telling you the difference between what you're posting and the Rivian process is not shameful. Clearly you don't understand it even after my repeated attempts at explaining it so I'm done. Do whatever you want.
You get over yourself. Do I win? Did I ask you to be responsible?
Not ashamed just pointing out what you were trying to do. Your post helped who, how? You are explaining how security works? Don't worry, just give out your bank account and password, security works really well? But only after asking, how are they to access your account if you don't give them access?

How else do you suppose they link it?
Not supper shaming but I get the idea. Still waiting on the helpful part, I'm sure it's coming.

Or would you rather anyone with your account name be able to transfer 100k out of your account without a password.
Internet security is one thing, misunderstanding how internet security works is another.
More shame like but I get what you are going for. If you aren't ok handing out you bank account and password your a troglodyte?

Never asked you about it and I told you I did not really care about the how and why and still you are going on.
Again, I do not need to give another interface, another app, another company, my bank account and password. I'm not going to ever do that if I can avoid it. If there is any other way, however seemingly inconvenient, I'm going to do that.

Plaid is a legitimate banking service and it's secured by modern encryption protocols. Your information is not stored, because that's not how the payment system works.
Sounds kind of like you own stock, employee, know the owner? Even something like that would have been better for the first post.
Prove it's safe, every time, every transaction, all the ends and outs, you always know its secure because the credentials should be encrypted and should not stored. If there is a way for you to log into something there is (however unlikely) a number of ways for someone else to get your credentials or around them and gain access. I will not increase my exposure if I can help it.

I'm done. Do whatever you want.
I did, almost a year ago.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I did, I uploaded the image of the check once I picked it up and did a factory delivery, handed them the check on my delivery.
Same here. They make you sign everything before you can see the truck. At that time anyway.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
You get over yourself. Do I win? Did I ask you to be responsible?
Not ashamed just pointing out what you were trying to do. Your post helped who, how? You are explaining how security works? Don't worry, just give out your bank account and password, security works really well? But only after asking, how are they to access your account if you don't give them access?

Not supper shaming but I get the idea. Still waiting on the helpful part, I'm sure it's coming.

More shame like but I get what you are going for. If you aren't ok handing out you bank account and password your a troglodyte?

Never asked you about it and I told you I did not really care about the how and why and still you are going on.
Again, I do not need to give another interface, another app, another company, my bank account and password. I'm not going to ever do that if I can avoid it. If there is any other way, however seemingly inconvenient, I'm going to do that.

Sounds kind of like you own stock, employee, know the owner? Even something like that would have been better for the first post.
Prove it's safe, every time, every transaction, all the ends and outs, you always know its secure because the credentials should be encrypted and should not stored. If there is a way for you to log into something there is (however unlikely) a number of ways for someone else to get your credentials or around them and gain access. I will not increase my exposure if I can help it.

I did, almost a year ago.
For someone who's not ashamed you're sure whining about being shamed like a 12 year old.

Sponsored

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I agree about never providing financial account passwords to anybody! That’s just nuts! However, the Rivian 8-step process clearly states - “Make a full payment of your purchase by ACH, certified check, cashier’s check or wire transfer.” The use of a wire transfer option is also noted in the financing section. So, to avoid the whole ACH issue, why not just set up a wire transfer?

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
For someone who's not ashamed you're sure whining about being shamed like a 12 year old.
Yeah, like I said, not ashamed of anything just pointing out what you were interested in from the beginning. Not sure why you would ignore everything and then lie about something like that? You just saw a post, you couldn't let go without asking a super important and helpful question. Afraid their stock price is going to go down or something? You said you were done but came out of retirement early just share the delusion that's going on inside your head? Do you still think you're explaining how internet security works? All you had to do was say why you thought it was safe but for your reasons you didn't do that. Not as much fun unless you can pretend others are lame and dumb and overreacting.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I agree about never providing financial account passwords to anybody! That’s just nuts! However, the Rivian 8-step process clearly states - “Make a full payment of your purchase by ACH, certified check, cashier’s check or wire transfer.” The use of a wire transfer option is also noted in the financing section. So, to avoid the whole ACH issue, why not just set up a wire transfer?
Folks can totally do that. Whatever they are most comfortable with but there's no way I'm giving somebody my bank account and password and pretending like that's totally normal and there's not going to ever be any issues with that. If there is any other way to get what I need done, I will never do that. I just went with the cashier's check. Still don't think it's cool how they make you do all the paperwork and pay before seeing the vehicle. Definitely check out your vehicle carefully.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yeah, like I said, not ashamed of anything just pointing out what you were interested in from the beginning. Not sure why you would ignore everything and then lie about something like that? You just saw a post, you couldn't let go without asking a super important and helpful question. Afraid their stock price is going to go down or something? You said you were done but came out of retirement early just share the delusion that's going on inside your head? Do you still think you're explaining how internet security works? All you had to do was say why you thought it was safe but for your reasons you didn't do that. Not as much fun unless you can pretend others are lame and dumb and overreacting.
I was done explaining things to you. I am no longer doing that. Also say all you want that you're not ashamed your rants say otherwise.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I was done explaining things to you. I am no longer doing that. Also say all you want that you're not ashamed your rants say otherwise.
You said you were done, now it's only done explaining, posting again to do more... explaining and lying. Just posting something helpful is too boring, forums are to make you feel better by implying others are willfully uninformed and don't understand.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
You said you were done, now it's only done explaining, posting again to do more... explaining and lying. Just posting something helpful is too boring, forums are to make you feel better by implying others are willfully uninformed and don't understand.
I said I was done explaining, yet another thing you don't understand. I'm not not implying you're uninformed I'm outright saying it. Your posts are blatantly false because you don't understand how the internet works. You can do whatever the hell you'd like yourself but when you say shit that's untrue you should expect to be called out on it. Stop talking about stuff you clearly have no clue on, and stop whining about being corrected.

You don't want people to correct you stop being wrong.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I think the process may have relaxed a bit. When I picked up the vehicle in late July, the guide simply said either ACH 2 days ahead of the delivery, or bring a chasers check on the day of the delivery. Nothing about uploading an image of the cheque.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I said I was done explaining, yet another thing you don't understand. I'm not not implying you're uninformed I'm outright saying it. Your posts are blatantly false because you don't understand how the internet works. You can do whatever the hell you'd like yourself but when you say shit that's untrue you should expect to be called out on it. Stop talking about stuff you clearly have no clue on, and stop whining about being corrected.

You don't want people to correct you stop being wrong.
You never corrected or explained anything relevant. In the end it's not even the issue. Someone states they don't like giving out their bank account and it's password and aren't going to do that if there's anywhere around it. You post implying and now doubling down and saying they're ignorant and don't understand how the internet works. Internet's always safe because encryption and not saving credentials... just don't click on the wrong link and numerous other things to be safe. Then saying people are ashamed when it wasn't true and saying they're hurt when it wasn't true and then saying they're ranting or whatever when that's not true. What is next? I know you are but what am I.

You said you were done explaining and then you posted again to do more explaining and lying. And here again more explaining and more lying. If you don't want someone pointing out what you're doing, don't do it. Your post was just low level harassment and some way to make yourself feel superior.

I'm never going to give out my bank account password, if I can help it. You post in a way to imply people are dumb asking how one expects them to use your account and password to get into your account without giving them your account and password. No one was wondering that but you knew that and you weren't posting to be helpful.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I think the process may have relaxed a bit. When I picked up the vehicle in late July, the guide simply said either ACH 2 days ahead of the delivery, or bring a chasers check on the day of the delivery. Nothing about uploading an image of the cheque.
Maybe they were just verifying the check was real beforehand. I'm not sure they couldn't just do that the day of. But there was at least one story of some guy buying a Porsche with a fake cashier's check.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
You never corrected or explained anything relevant. In the end it's not even the issue. Someone states they don't like giving out their bank account and it's password and aren't going to do that if there's anywhere around it. You post implying and now doubling down and saying they're ignorant and don't understand how the internet works. Internet's always safe because encryption and not saving credentials... just don't click on the wrong link and numerous other things to be safe. Then saying people are ashamed when it wasn't true and saying they're hurt when it wasn't true and then saying they're ranting or whatever when that's not true. What is next? I know you are but what am I.

You said you were done explaining and then you posted again to do more explaining and lying. And here again more explaining and more lying. If you don't want someone pointing out what you're doing, don't do it. Your post was just low level harassment and some way to make yourself feel superior.

I'm never going to give out my bank account password, if I can help it. You post in a way to imply people are dumb asking how one expects them to use your account and password to get into your account without giving them your account and password. No one was wondering that but you knew that and you weren't posting to be helpful.
Again, it's because you clearly don't know the difference between what is safe and what isn't. Implying the Rivian process is unsafe is FALSE. There is not even a little bit of truth there. If you don't want to do it because you don't know how to tell between safe and unsafe fine, but don't act like there's a chance the Rivian process is unsafe, it IS safe.

For fuck's sake stop talking out of your ass.
Sponsored