someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I just got an email stating that my R1S was ready for delivery, but when I go into step 8, my address is grayed out with the message "Outside of delivery range." Has anyone seen this before?

I'm only 50ish miles away from the service center so not sure why I'm getting this message. Do they just not have slots available for deliveries?
Sponsored

OP
OP

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Have you tried talking to your guide?

Shouldn't be an issue
Yup, sent him a text and waiting for a response. Wanted to see if anyone else had run into it before.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Its a lot more expensive and time consuming for them to do home deliveries. They want people to come to them.

Sponsored

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

I'm only 27 miles away from my service center, but because I'm in NJ and the SC is in Brooklyn, NY, it's a 2 hours drive... What kind of driving are the 50 miles?

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
I am 77 miles from the West Sacramento SC. Had no problem with delivery. I corresponded with the SC rather than the guide. Some good guides and some bad.
I’ve done a few test drives up at the Sac one and they’ve been so nice. Hope I take delivery from there.

OP
OP

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Its a lot more expensive and time consuming for them to do home deliveries. They want people to come to them.
I'm on the list as a service center pick up. First screen after entering the last step was to confirm my address and that's where I'm seeing the message.

My guide got back to me and he's reaching out to the delivery team to see what the issue might be. He's not 100% sure the R1S is ready yet and they might've accidentally sent it out. It only arrived at the SC yesterday.

Last edited:
OP
OP

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm only 27 miles away from my service center, but because I'm in NJ and the SC is in Brooklyn, NY, it's a 2 hours drive... What kind of driving are the 50 miles?
It's not great. When I did the First Mile, it took me 90 minutes to get out there but that was a Saturday at 9AM. I'm supposed to be on the list as a Service Center pick up not a home delivery.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I'm on the list as a service center pick up. First screen after entering the last step was to confirm my address and that's where I'm seeing the message.

My guide got back to me and he's reaching out to the delivery team to see what the issue might be. He's not 100% sure the R1S is ready yet and they might've accidentally sent it out. It only arrived at the SC yesterday.
That is weird. Hopefully the guide gets it ironed out soon. I also had an issue 6 months ago with my 8 steps, it wouldn’t let me past the insurance stage, my guide had to force it through on their side. When I read your original post I thought you were expecting delivery to your front door, like when they first started.

OP
OP

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

All cleared up! Still not sure why I was getting the error, but the SC just reached out to schedule my pick up from Brooklyn. At the end of the day, they want to move the trucks as much as we want to pick them up
Sponsored