Sponsored

vista1984

First Name
Wan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I also think the drive mode interface is overly designed. I may change my mind after a while.
I hope they would work on the to do list instead.
R1s updated.
Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I like it so far. All the relevant controls are now close (on the far left of the screen).

I wasn’t expecting the rear bed camera view when we first heard about this a few weeks ago. That was pretty high on my list.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Skipping will not help as it will be that way moving forward.

It actually is a decent change, very intuitive and puts it on the left side of the screen so easier than reaching over to the right side.
Drive modes were not always on the left side of the screen? The right was only the ride height.

Speaking of... if rally mode lets you do high over 45mph I really don't understand why AP doesn't...

Also where is Haloween mode I can't find it I'm an old.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I haven't downloaded it yet but that's the first thing I thought. The old interface seems easier to switch between drive modes and more intuitive. Once the newness wears off, can someone confirm the drive mode interface makes more sense now? Thinking about skipping this update.
Honestly, not nearly as bad as I expected it to be when we first saw the pictures. The touch targets are more than the just the buttons that have the arrows on them, they actually include half of the area with the text for each option as well. You can also swipe, though I really don't like the swipe gesture for the actual drive mode selection because cycles through Conserve. I think Conserve should've been to the right of Sport mode. Still unclear why they don't allow Low regen in all drive modes to satisfy those that want it (I always run High regen except for Snow mode).

Sponsored

KirillWA

First Name
Kirill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
New feature to measure trailer weight looks very promising.

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Tesla Model 3 (Cybertruck on order)
Occupation
Retired
My take: this is a major step forward with a bit of room for improvement.
* taking away the trip meters in Off-Road mode is a bummer; I frequently use off-road guide books that have all the turns and points of interest referenced by mileage from the start. There's plenty of room for nine widgets:
Rivian R1T R1S OTA Update 2023.38.0 - Early Look! Drive Mode & Towing Experience Changes hack

(it would be nice to see the Inverter temps, too)
* does the red line that appears in the roll indicator mean that is the tip-over point? It looks to be at about 30 degrees which would be extremely scary but probably not past the point of no-return? Is there a similar one for pitch? It would be useful to know what the ideal absolute limits of pitch and roll are.
* I would like to see a separate tire pressure warning limit for off-road mode. Of course, I often air down my tires which gets the TPMS system all unhappy so I ignore it. But then if one of the tires really does have a problem it may be missed (I can speak from experience here :-(
* In Sport mode the same data used for pitch/roll could be used to display lateral and longitudinal acceleration. Isn't that what Sport mode is about :) (But again, don't hide the trip and battery temp)
* I hate having all the modes. I would be happier if I could just set each of the parameters separately. Maybe an "Expert" or "Custom" mode that has separate controls for each parameter, please!

PBRAZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Denali, Range Rover
Confirming I now have to swipe between modes vs just pushing on the mode I want? I switch between conserve and all purpose pretty regularly...is this now going to require a bunch of more work and less eyes on the road?

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I'm excited for the bed cam being available. That's been on a lot of folks' wish list for a long time. The drive modes selector does look less intuitive now, but I don't change modes all that often, so it probably won't be a huge deal.

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
The tow modes look interesting, they seem to be catching up with Ford and GM. I have three trailers, so will see how well it works. Hopefully the tow modes actually work well, and not be a disappointment like the trip planner was.

The bed camera should also be useful for backing up trailers.

Died4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Aviator GT
Clubs

Has anyone from the East coast received the update?

mohab

First Name
MOHAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 LongHorn , Challenger Scat pack, BMW X3
Occupation
PHARMACIST
Driving after the update , I felt big improvement in ride comfort the moment I pulled out of my driveway, it feels more floaty and absorb road imperfections way better! This is amazing