Vivian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
HVAC
Clubs

It is absolutely location driven. Rivian similarly says mobile service is available “anywhere” in canada and the US, but that is not the case.
They recently imposed a distance limit from service centres for newer deliveries.

Tesla used to send a “ranger” out from Toronto to Winnipeg to cover people in Manitoba and NW Ontario until they finally stationed a mobile technician here. They still do not have a listed service centre, several years on.
I don’t know if it’s location or that they’re shafting us early reservation holders, for more revenue making recent orders. There’s something fishy going on in BC with people who are only 1hr from the Vancouver SC that “had” Jan-March delivery estimates now updating to “Pending” and receiving emails explaining they’re location is a factor, they’ll have to wait for end of April for any update. Smells like Bravo Sierra to me…
Sponsored

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Sierra 2500, 2012 Chevy Volt.
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

I don’t know if it’s location or that they’re shafting us early reservation holders, for more revenue making recent orders. There’s something fishy going on in BC with people who are only 1hr from the Vancouver SC that “had” Jan-March delivery estimates now updating to “Pending” and receiving emails explaining they’re location is a factor, they’ll have to wait for end of April for any update. Smells like Bravo Sierra to me…
Seems like Rivian just discovered a map of Canada, and then realized how scarcely populated Canada is.

Now they are discovering that Canada is more egalitarian than the US: the Canadian upper middle class can hardly afford such vehicles.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I think another piece of the puzzle is they’ve realized the hard way their service centres hav limited capacity (see: the Seattle one booking in to June), so they’re constricting the geography for deliveries even further now to keep their only service centre from being overwhelmed.

order date doesnt seem to matter on3 tiny bit. If you’re in whatever the moment’s geographical lottery win is, and they have your configuration on the shelf or in process…you get a truck!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Seems like Rivian just discovered a map of Canada, and then realized how scarcely populated Canada is.

Now they are discovering that Canada is more egalitarian than the US: the Canadian upper middle class can hardly afford such vehicles.
They gladly took deposits from, anyone anywhere in canada and the US. Presumably to have a fat order book for IPO time.

there was someone on this forum from PEI. what’s the probability of Rivian having a service centre there?

cdnlazer

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I had a little time in Toronto this afternoon, so I went for a drive by.

It appears not much has happened here in the last several months. There was a few permits posted on the windows (roofing, interior demolition, etc.) that all expired by November 2022. Aside from one lift inside, there is no other equipment inside or out. The bay doors do look new though.
Rivian R1T R1S Ontario Service Centre Location 20230311_150805
Rivian R1T R1S Ontario Service Centre Location 20230311_151027
Rivian R1T R1S Ontario Service Centre Location 20230311_150736
Rivian R1T R1S Ontario Service Centre Location 20230311_150920
Rivian R1T R1S Ontario Service Centre Location 20230311_150719
Rivian R1T R1S Ontario Service Centre Location 20230311_150700

This place needs lots of work too. It's clearly been neglected for a while.. exterior walls and soffits crumbling a bit, still a banquet hall exterior...

My non-professional guess is that this will not be open in 2023.

Sponsored

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I had a little time in Toronto this afternoon, so I went for a drive by.

It appears not much has happened here in the last several months. There was a few permits posted on the windows (roofing, interior demolition, etc.) that all expired by November 2022. Aside from one lift inside, there is no other equipment inside or out. The bay doors do look new though.
20230311_150805.jpg
20230311_151027.jpg
20230311_150736.jpg
20230311_150920.jpg
20230311_150719.jpg
20230311_150700.jpg

This place needs lots of work too. It's clearly been neglected for a while.. exterior walls and soffits crumbling a bit, still a banquet hall exterior...

My non-professional guess is that this will not be open in 2023.
It can move pretty quickly from that point. They have very little to build up indoors.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Seems like everything is waiting on Rivian. Drove by the Calgary service centre a few weeks ago and its the same. The building was freshly painted and charging posts were roughed in, but its been like that since last year with no progress. They are only importing a minuscule amount of trucks (barely enough to satisfy B.C demand) so everything else is on pause methinks.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I don’t expect any work to start until late summer - early Fall, that is me being optimistic.
This is is probably when they will start Ontario deliveries.

trevtremaine

First Name
Trev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Model Y - R1T Adventure+MaxPack
Clubs

So, this is a little bit further up the street from Tesla Vaughan. I'm not expecting my order for a good long while given my configuration - no estimate provided thus far. I would think there's a number of people in front of me, who I'll happily let take delivery first. I'm concerned about Rivian going forward as well as to whether the quality of workmanship is declining as they ramp up.

Any word on whether Rivian is doing any updates (not software related) to the R1T? I'm wondering if they'll look at going toward a heat pump as well as other improvements.

RVAir

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche 911 GTS
Occupation
Dentist, air show pilot
Thanks for doing this! 👍 These are demolition permits which will be registered to the property owner. Once Rivian starts renovations the permits will be issued under their name. This is great news for us July-Sept and beyond!
There is a service center that will open in a couple months in Rochester, NY. The next closest center is in Ohio!

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Thanks! May I ask how much it is? Based on the delivery timeframe, I would assume it was pre-march reservation?
Yeah mine is a pre-march price reservation, just around 110K

Geocvl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

It could be that they found some problems when they opened up the wall that required some engineering work a new permits. We should be getting updated delivery windows by the end of the month.

On the bright side, I did see an R1T in Oakville about a week ago. I couldn't turn around fast enough to follow them, and I didn't get a look at where the plates were from. Much smaller than I expected it to look.
Sponsored