Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Sierra 2500, 2012 Chevy Volt.
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Dang, I'm also from Ontario (up North, mind you), but I got this letter:

We previously told you that you could expect your delivery window estimate this January. As we continue planning the roll out of a Rivian Service Center in your area, we need more time to understand when that site will be ready to support your vehicle's delivery and ongoing service needs. For now, we're leaving your Account Page set to "Processing estimate" and plan to update your account with delivery timing during our next scheduled refresh in April.

While we know this is not the news you were hoping to hear, we are working hard to provide Rivian owners with a complete ownership experience. Vehicle support infrastructure is key to providing the level of service owners deserve. Our team will continue to explore ways to expedite the development of this infrastructure in order to get your R1S to you sooner.

As a reminder, your current estimate is based on your configuration as of January 15, 2023.
I ordered in 2021. I suspect I got that letter because I live 830 km North of Toronto, and that would make it too far from the service centre.

If you're from Ontario, can you share how far you live from Vaughn/Toronto, and whether you were given an estimate?
Sponsored

Vivian

First Name
Vivian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
HVAC
Clubs

Thank you for your reply!
I thought Matheson was actually going to do the build out. But from your explanation it appears that they are the GCs and have given other trades/smaller companies until Jan 17 to get back to them with quotes for the scope of work.

Hoping this means we see progress soon at the service centre!
My delivery date moved back from July-Sept to October-December likely due to the lack of progress for this service centre location.
Same here July - Sept now Oct - Dec, guessing they’re following the same steps they took in BC, Fall opening of the SC and then dribbles of R1’s for media hype 🤷🏻‍♂️

Vivian

First Name
Vivian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
HVAC
Clubs

I ordered in 2021. I suspect I got that letter because I live 830 km North of Toronto, and that would make it too far from the service centre.

If you're from Ontario, can you share how far you live from Vaughn/Toronto, and whether you were given an estimate?
We live 30 mins from the proposed SC and our delivery estimate changed from July - Sept to October- December

techm0logy

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model Y

I'm a very new reservation holder (Jan 8th, 2023), and located in Etobicoke (Toronto) and haven't received anything (didn't expect to, to be fair).

Speculating, I don't think you living in Kapuskasing is really the factor. While not "close", there are plenty of R1 customers in the US that are at least that far away from the closest service centre.

Also, if Tesla is any guide (I have 2), they'll just support you remotely. But they need at least 1 service centre location remotely nearby and within the same political jurisdiction. BC is logistically too far away. For example, there are TONS of Tesla's in London, Windsor, and all points between, and the closest service centre is Kitchener/Waterloo. Tesla have been selling cars in Ontario for just over 10 years.

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
Located 30min away. Email I got explained that the service centre not being ready is why I was moved from July-Sept to Oct-Dec

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I'm a very new reservation holder (Jan 8th, 2023), and located in Etobicoke (Toronto) and haven't received anything (didn't expect to, to be fair).

Speculating, I don't think you living in Kapuskasing is really the factor. While not "close", there are plenty of R1 customers in the US that are at least that far away from the closest service centre.

Also, if Tesla is any guide (I have 2), they'll just support you remotely. But they need at least 1 service centre location remotely nearby and within the same political jurisdiction. BC is logistically too far away. For example, there are TONS of Tesla's in London, Windsor, and all points between, and the closest service centre is Kitchener/Waterloo. Tesla have been selling cars in Ontario for just over 10 years.
It is absolutely location driven. Rivian similarly says mobile service is available “anywhere” in canada and the US, but that is not the case.
They recently imposed a distance limit from service centres for newer deliveries.

Tesla used to send a “ranger” out from Toronto to Winnipeg to cover people in Manitoba and NW Ontario until they finally stationed a mobile technician here. They still do not have a listed service centre, several years on.

techm0logy

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model Y
It is absolutely location driven. Rivian similarly says mobile service is available “anywhere” in canada and the US, but that is not the case.
They recently imposed a distance limit from service centres for newer deliveries.

Tesla used to send a “ranger” out from Toronto to Winnipeg to cover people in Manitoba and NW Ontario until they finally stationed a mobile technician here. They still do not have a listed service centre, several years on.
Didn't say it *wasn't* driven by location.

I said *his* location shouldn't be an issue.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Didn't say it *wasn't* driven by location.

I said *his* location shouldn't be an issue.
almost 1000km from service is an issue. If it wasn’t they’d be providing updated delivery windows to people outside of the GTA and southwestern BC.

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
almost 1000km from service is an issue. If it wasn’t they’d be providing updated delivery windows to people outside of the GTA and southwestern BC.
I have to agree with you regarding the distance being the factor since I got a totally different email from our friend in Northern Ontario; my email explained that my window got pushed due to service centre construction status rather than an email explaining why its going to stay in ‘Processing Estimate’

Sponsored

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Sierra 2500, 2012 Chevy Volt.
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Crashmtb, did you get a delivery estimate even though you're in Manitoba?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crashmtb, did you get a delivery estimate even though you're in Manitoba?
I cancelled my order on October 28th when I got the “we’re focusing on delivering to areas with service centres/we’ll let you know when we’ve figured out a plan for service centres in your area…and your update will come in January“ email in October. Then they also ”paused” my configuration (max pack quad motor) anyway.

An acquaintance got an update though - a repeat of the “we’re working on a plan for service in your area”. No estimate. They preordered day 1 2018, and had a September 2022 estimate 😬

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
Anyone on the forum able to stop by the proposed service centre location and provide an update or photos? Its been a few months since the last update.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I can go by the Calgary one this weekend. 😄 Trying to be the least helpful as possible.

Vivian

First Name
Vivian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
HVAC
Clubs

Anyone on the forum able to stop by the proposed service centre location and provide an update or photos? Its been a few months since the last update.
[/QUO
Tender submissions just completed January 17th so they probably won’t award the contracts until March, nothing will be started for awhile. You’ll know Rivian is on track when the job postings for Toronto start posting…
Sponsored