First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Seriously, these look like random people they picked up waiting in front of a Safeway to film a commercial. These are pre-order holders?
What do pre-order holders "look like"?
Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Why did they cut away right as we were about to see the forces from "punching it"? I really would have liked to see that.

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
What do pre-order holders "look like"?
There might be a lot to unpack there, but the best case scenario is that @dleewla is just mad it isn't them.

It might also be a good reminder for folks that we are watching an edited video that focuses on capturing the moments of joy and thrill that these pre-order holders experienced in the R1T. The actual event was obviously much longer than 58 seconds, so I'm sure there was plenty of time for them all to geek out over Rivian stuff and ask a bunch of questions, just like any one of us would have done.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Why did they cut away right as we were about to see the forces from "punching it"? I really would have liked to see that.

See first post.

Sponsored

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Rivianstories posted on IG that they had a long interview with one of the folks at this event. Hopefully that will be the more detailed, personal information we're all hoping for? Can't wait to see what they drop on YouTube!

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
It was a 1 minute feel good PR stunt. Nothing there at all. Same ol same ol regardless of what RJ / corporate claims. Continued disappointment. Maybe they got another 10 hand built this month.

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
Nice to see drift mode. Excited to hear about more modes. It would be nice if we can set how much drift we want.
Never understood drift mode, that would take all the fun out of it. The most fun aspect of a drift is actually getting it right. The challenge.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
They look like people waiting in front of a Safeway. (Based on personal experience).
Still not sure Kyle or I know what you are implying.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Lots of stuff on Insta and Twitter is sub-1 minute because people have short attention spans, so I personally don't read too much into this one being 58 seconds. They could have used that 58 seconds very differently if they wanted it to be an actual update or feature reveal as opposed to "look how much fun these 6 people are having in our trucks".

I do like the video though, and I agree with others that it is nice to see that they are inviting pre-order holders to try them out and actually drive them. But it's not the status update that most folks on the forum were looking for.
The current video on the landing page for reservation holders is :59 long - it's the intro to the guides. Wondering if this video takes that spot - would be nice to see something different when I log into my account.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Never understood drift mode, that would take all the fun out of it. The most fun aspect of a drift is actually getting it right. The challenge.
Without drift mode there would be no drifting. Traction/stability control would kick in and no wheel spin or sliding.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Life ain't Tokyo drift for everyone to be pro drifters ??. I don't want to put my rivian in junk yard trying to learn the challenge?

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
Without drift mode there would be no drifting. Traction/stability control would kick in and no wheel spin or sliding.
I really hope there is a traction control off button. And a 2wd mode like bmw does. Could be a deal breaker if the R1S wasn't for my wife. It just takes all the fun out of it, when you want to have fun. I'm not suggesting that it doesn't need traction control btw. It's like buying a muscle car and not being able to do donuts. I guess I'm childish (so my wife tells me) but it still puts a smile on my face every time.
Sponsored