DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@DuckTruck my son(8) and I watched your phone video plus tons of other ones tonight. He wanted to know if we can go to that track too. I think you answered that in another video but I forget… Thanks and awesome work
Edit - your phone one is the best. It should be highlighted everywhere. The sheer joy of the people in the truck is what makes that video awesome.
Gearhead, Thanks so much and I'm glad you and your son enjoyed that video. While we were doing it, I was holding the phone low above the dash so as not to block the view of the kind couple in back. They were really wonderful to ride with and to spend some time with. I also didn't want to be that guy by holding up the phone the whole time, but now wish I would have recorded the entire thing, as RJ seemed fine with it, and so did the couple.

It would be nice to have that entire ride-along commemorated in one continuous video. The entire trip was just a riot! I haven't had a lot of free time lately, so I've only watched it a couple of hundred times since getting back. ?

Regarding ride-alongs and test drives on that track, I'm not sure the track and course will be open to us during or after pick up. But if it is, do whatever you can to make that happen! It would be well worth the flight and long drive home. I can guarantee that, no matter how long that trip might take, all parties will arrive home with perma-grins! ?
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Have we heard whether those are part of the off-road package vs. an add-on accessory that isn't yet listed?
So far, the latter.

Gearhead, Thanks so much and I'm glad you and your son enjoyed that video. While we were doing it, I was holding the phone low above the dash so as not to block the view of the kind couple in back. They were really wonderful to ride with and to spend some time with. I also didn't want to be that guy by holding up the phone the whole time, but now wish I would have recorded the entire thing, as RJ seemed fine with it, and so did the couple.

It would be nice to have that entire ride-along commemorated in one continuous video. The entire trip was just a riot! I haven't had a lot of free time lately, so I've only watched it a couple of hundred times since getting back. ?

Regarding ride-alongs and test drives on that track, I'm not sure the track and course will be open to us during or after pick up. But if it is, do whatever you can to make that happen! It would be well worth the flight and long drive home. I can guarantee that, no matter how long that trip might take, all parties will arrive home with perma-grins! ?
was there a Rivian camera person along for your ride? If so, I wonder if they’d whip up a video for you of your whole ride along.

Given that they have a customer centre there at the plant, it would make sense that there would be, at minimum, ride alongs available on their test track, if not customer drives.

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

So far, the latter.

was there a Rivian camera person along for your ride? If so, I wonder if they’d whip up a video for you of your whole ride along.

Given that they have a customer centre there at the plant, it would make sense that there would be, at minimum, ride alongs available on their test track, if not customer drives.
We didn't have a camera person in the car, but there may have been a camera mounted high in the back window, looking forward.

And, yes, I think ride-alongs may be the only option. After some people decided to hit 130, they might want to limit that from happening again, for liability reasons. ?
Sponsored