First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Volvo XC 90
Occupation
Engineer
Ever land on a set of keys skateboarding or know a friend to lose a phone ziplining? Neither is fun.
With this option I could lock all my stuff in the truck and attach the key to my surf board strap then leave nothing but a towel on the beach.
Mountain bike trail etiquette in Seattle is to leave nothing of value in your vehicle. You should carry you wallet etc in a hip/fanny pack. Otherwise car break ins are out of control. Similar concept to not feeding the bears...
Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
The picture does make the size look large. I'll wait until I can see more pictures to establish a better idea of the true size. Hopefully Rivian used a child hand model for that photo!

I have no evidence to support this, but I think it would be cool if the center of the FOB would slide out of the carabiner frame. That way I can clip it to my backpack if I'm going hiking, but if I just to put it in my pocket I can skip the carabiner and just use the minimalist inner guts.

This was my hope as well, a modular device. I am dubious because as reported there is going to be a phone and card option as well which would seem to satisfy the requirement.

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
Mountain bike trail etiquette in Seattle is to leave nothing of value in your vehicle. You should carry you wallet etc in a hip/fanny pack. Otherwise car break ins are out of control. Similar concept to not feeding the bears...
You've got that right! I had my car broken into at Raging River for nothing more than a towel sitting on my front seat!!

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

You've got that right! I had my car broken into at Raging River for nothing more than a towel sitting on my front seat!!
I wonder if they'll have a security/sentry mode with all those sensors to set off a sound when someone walks up? Perhaps customize a dog growl from the back seats? ?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I lowkey dont like the Launch Green in all copies I have seen of it so far, looks like mud and grass mixed which is I guess the point. I just love the uniqueness of it. Tough call really.

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I honestly don’t think that the carabiner fob looks much larger than any other fob. Maybe a bit wider, but also a little less chunky than my Ford fobs.

They have the fob laying on the qi-charger in one of the photos. Do we think the key charges wirelessly, rather than having to replace the battery every year or so?

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I honestly don’t think that the carabiner fob looks much larger than any other fob. Maybe a bit wider, but also a little less chunky than my Ford fobs.

They have the fob laying on the qi-charger in one of the photos. Do we think the key charges wirelessly, rather than having to replace the battery every year or so?
I recently spoke to a rep and asked for a size reference for the carabiner key fob and they stated that it is similar in size to the Apple Air Pod case...just slightly taller..

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
1619189543215.png

With out asking CS, does anyone know if the remote does the Frunk too? I think it would be very convenient if it did.
You answered your own question....
Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian Experience – Purchasing, Return Policy & Charging 1619189664614

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Has there been an official email about experience yesterday?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Has there been an official email about experience yesterday?
Not that I saw, was kind of hoping that yesterday was a teaser and we would get some additional information today... I know, that is a crazy thought....

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

One tidbit I forgot to mention from my chat with the Rivian folks in Austin this week is around entry/exit...

Few Options:
1. Carabiner key fob we saw today
2. Phone as a key
3. Card (in wallet) key. They actually pulled out the card-key that he kept in his wallet and showed me. Lexus has had something similar for awhile.
That is a good piece of information. Thanks !
Sponsored