Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Launch green confirmation?

8F843BD3-E5E0-45C9-9679-9141A95C7F88.jpeg
I wondered the same thing. Then I wondered if Taylor is Taylor Swift? If she snaked her way into line just to spite me by getting one before I do, my head is going to explode! ?
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Carabiner key will certainly cost something if you lose it and care to get a replacement but will otherwise obviously be included in the purchase price of the vehicle
I know Rivian isn't Tesla... But I don't know how "obvious" it is that the FOB must be included in the base price of the vehicle... Tesla, for example, didn't include FOBs with Model 3, at least initially.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Clipable key fob, nice idea.......but that size is just unnecessary. They better not charge money for that.....
The picture does make the size look large. I'll wait until I can see more pictures to establish a better idea of the true size. Hopefully Rivian used a child hand model for that photo!

I have no evidence to support this, but I think it would be cool if the center of the FOB would slide out of the carabiner frame. That way I can clip it to my backpack if I'm going hiking, but if I just to put it in my pocket I can skip the carabiner and just use the minimalist inner guts.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I'm weirdly most excited about the card access. Anyone with experience using this; Can I duck tape the card to the inside of the removable hitch cover so I can go trail running, paddle boarding etc... and carry nothing?
Yes I know this is odd to post but I quite frankly don't care I live in a small area where locking things is rarely necessary... yes these places still exist.

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
I'm weirdly most excited about the card access. Anyone with experience using this; Can I duck tape the card to the inside of the removable hitch cover so I can go trail running, paddle boarding etc... and carry nothing?
Yes I know this is odd to post but I quite frankly don't care I live in a small area where locking things is rarely necessary... yes these places still exist.

Had a Model 3. If they're using NFC (which I assume that's why they're going with a card format), you're fine taping it back there, as it will likely be far from the NFC sensor for unlocking the doors.

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I’m going rock climbing with this as soon as I get my R1T. Wish me luck everyone! ?

Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian Experience – Purchasing, Return Policy & Charging F2C8DD3F-4E4A-4A4B-A735-97D413EC982E

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
I swear I'm getting tired of seeing Forest Green on nearly every "real world" photo Rivian puts on their website. Come on! It's silly enough that Launch Green is still in formulation, but show us some quality real-life photos of Yellow, Red, Black, and the grays.

Forest Green is a fabulous color, don't get me wrong. In fact, I struggle wondering how the LG will ever surpass FG for tonal character.
...and all the LG early adopters lose their minds when they find out that LG...is...a wrap! :CWL: ;)

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
C'mon guys obviously it's not for climbing... It's clearly designed to be a used as a shackle for vehicle recovery.

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Ever land on a set of keys skateboarding or know a friend to lose a phone ziplining? Neither is fun.
With this option I could lock all my stuff in the truck and attach the key to my surf board strap then leave nothing but a towel on the beach.
Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian Experience – Purchasing, Return Policy & Charging 1619187341308

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I’m surprised that this isn’t getting more attention. By far the best shot of Launch Green that’s been shared to date.

A08056D5-33F3-4269-9E03-F9C4F694C2BF.jpeg
How is this any better/different than what's in the configurator?

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
I’m surprised that this isn’t getting more attention. By far the best shot of Launch Green that’s been shared to date.

A08056D5-33F3-4269-9E03-F9C4F694C2BF.jpeg
Hard to get excited about a computer rendering no different than what’s been shown in the configurator previously (but with different background).

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
I wondered the same thing. Then I wondered if Taylor is Taylor Swift? If she snaked her way into line just to spite me by getting one before I do, my head is going to explode! ?
Why you gotta be so mean? ;)