John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
comparison.jpg

My inReach mini allows me to send messages to space!
With no actual factual context... there are many times I want to leave my wallet, cell, and keys in the truck, but also want to lock it. With a carbingrr it’s another option assuming cell plus others for each situation for everyone..
Sponsored

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
With no actual factual context... there are many times I want to leave my wallet, cell, and keys in the truck, but also want to lock it. With a carbingrr it’s another option assuming cell plus others for each situation for everyone..
Ever land on a set of keys skateboarding or know a friend to lose a phone ziplining? Neither is fun.
With this option I could lock all my stuff in the truck and attach the key to my surf board strap then leave nothing but a towel on the beach.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone else view the updated charging to further reinforce that 200kw+ is max for the r1 series, and the 350+ is for the next gen of vehicle? I know some people were thinking the last info meant the R1 series would eventually be capable of the higher charging rate. I just don't think that's what they're saying.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Occupation
health care
Anyone else view the updated charging to further reinforce that 200kw+ is max for the r1 series, and the 350+ is for the next gen of vehicle? I know some people were thinking the last info meant the R1 series would eventually be capable of the higher charging rate. I just don't think that's what they're saying.
Is 350kW rate for 800v battery packs and solid state battery when they arrive?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Is 350kW rate for 800v battery packs and solid state battery when they arrive?
800v. Not necessarily associated with a solid state battery.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Where?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

https://rivian.com/experience/charging

The say 140 mi/20 minutes for the r1 vehicles. That the RAN starts off with 200kw+, and then they say the RAN will be 350kW+. They don't mention a faster charge rate for the R1 vehicles.

Ah that language has been there since the initial start/launch of charging From here:

The Rivian Adventure Network
Exclusively for Rivian owners
3,500+ DC fast chargers at 600+ sites by end of 2023
Up to 140 miles of range in 20 minutes for R1T and R1S
Automatic charging, just pull up and plug in
In-vehicle nav automatically plans charging
Charging rates of over 200kW initially and 300kW+ in the future