Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Hi,​
It’s an exciting time at Rivian having just completed our first full year of deliveries. We continue working hard to accelerate deliveries even further and get more of you behind the wheel.

As we kick off 2023, we want to share some updates you can expect in the year ahead.

R1 Shop
The R1 Shop continues to be the fastest way to take delivery if you are flexible with your choices. Early this year we plan to introduce the R1S into the R1 Shop and will reach out to more customers to browse available configurations, with deliveries happening anywhere between 1-8 weeks depending on your location. Of course, those preferring their specific build will be able to wait for their delivery window to arrive.

Expanding our Service Center footprint
We plan to expand the size of our Mobile Service fleet and add several new Service Centers across the US and Canada this year. This will increase our capacity to make deliveries and further support our owners requiring vehicle care. Look for new Service Center locations in Cincinnati, Portland, Boise, Washington DC, St. Louis, Detroit, Colorado Springs, Tampa, Toronto and more.

Membership
We launched Membership as a beta program, offering a complimentary bundle of benefits during our first year of deliveries. After a year of beta testing and listening to our owners, we are moving away from the bundled Membership model and will begin offering services in more of an à la carte fashion. This unbundled approach allows owners to select the services they prefer without the cost of paying for ones they may not use. This change will take effect on January 16, 2023. Rivian will continue covering the cost of vehicle LTE connectivity through 2023, with charging on the Rivian Adventure Network covered through April 2023 (terms and conditions apply). We plan to introduce additional services over time.

Charging
We will continue adding fast-charging sites to the Rivian Adventure Network targeting high-traffic corridors that connect major metropolitan areas to adventurous destinations. We plan to add multiple routes in the next few months, including Southeast Michigan to the Upper Peninsula, Portland to Central and Southern Oregon and I-95 connecting NYC to DC. We also plan to add to our Rivian Waypoints network of Level 2 chargers in destinations like national and state parks.

More ways to see a Rivian
We love meeting customers and friends at events. In 2023, we’re planning to host more of these experiences in cities across the US and Canada so even more of you can see our vehicles up close and get to know our team. We also plan to expand our mobile drive program to help more customers get behind the wheel. This year we are focused on building out additional spaces with several launches planned for the second half of 2023. These locations will showcase our products and team and help us grow deeper roots in cities like Austin, Brooklyn, Laguna Beach, San Francisco and more.

As we look ahead to 2023, we again want to thank you for your support. Your input and feedback make us better, directly resulting in improvements to our products and ownership experience. We’ll continue listening and learning about the things you feel are going well and, more importantly, the areas where we can continue to improve.​
On behalf of everyone at Rivian, we wish you and your family all the best in the year to come. Here’s to more deliveries and adventures ahead.

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement​
Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Hi,​
It’s an exciting time at Rivian having just completed our first full year of deliveries. 2022 saw thousands of you take delivery and begin your ownership experience. We’re working hard to constantly improve so that each year is better than the last.

As we kick off 2023, we want to share some updates you can expect in the year ahead.

Expanding our Service Center footprint
We continue to increase the size of our Mobile Service fleet and add new Service Centers across the US and Canada. A larger fleet and more locations will help us provide more coverage and improve service wait times. Look for new Service Center locations in Cincinnati, Portland, Boise, Washington DC, St. Louis, Detroit, Colorado Springs, Tampa, Toronto and more.

Membership
We launched Membership as a beta program, offering a complimentary bundle of benefits during our first year of deliveries. After a year of beta testing and listening to our owners, we are moving away from the bundled Membership model and will begin offering services in more of an à la carte fashion. This unbundled approach allows owners to select the services they prefer without the cost of paying for ones they may not use. This change will take effect on January 16, 2023. Rivian will continue covering the cost of vehicle LTE connectivity through 2023, with charging on the Rivian Adventure Network covered through April 2023 (terms and conditions apply). We plan to introduce additional services over time.

More ways to meet
We love meeting our community at events. In 2023, we’re planning to host more of these experiences in cities across the US and Canada. This year we’re also focused on building out additional spaces with several launches planned for the second half of 2023. These locations will showcase our products and team and help us grow deeper roots in cities like Austin, Brooklyn, Laguna Beach, San Francisco and more.

Charging
We will continue adding fast-charging sites to the Rivian Adventure Network targeting high-traffic corridors that connect major metropolitan areas to adventurous destinations. We plan to add multiple routes in the next few months, including Southeast Michigan to the Upper Peninsula, Portland to Central and Southern Oregon and I-95 connecting NYC to DC. We also plan to add to our Rivian Waypoints network of Level 2 chargers in destinations like national and state parks.

As we look ahead to 2023, we again want to thank you for your support. Your input and feedback make us better, directly resulting in improvements to our products and ownership experience. We’ll continue listening and learning about the things you feel are going well and, more importantly, the areas where we can continue to improve.​

On behalf of everyone at Rivian, we wish you and your family all the best in the year to come. Here’s to more adventures ahead.

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement​

MrMetlHed

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep 4xe, R1T (Order 2/20/22, from Shop 2/11/23)
Occupation
Journalist @ Reuters
We launched Membership as a beta program, offering a complimentary bundle of benefits during our first year of deliveries.
I've yet to receive my truck (s00n!) was curious what these benefits were? I'm digging through my cobwebbed memory and can't seem to recall hearing anything.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Not a single mention of “sometime during the entire year of 2023, Driver+ will suck less”?

A significant chunk of the email is about how they plan to sign me up for subscription services?

Charging network sounds good, but I’ll believe it when we start seeing it.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Not a single mention of “sometime during the entire year of 2023, Driver+ will suck less”?

The whole email is about how they plan to sign me up for subscription services?

Charging network sounds good, but I’ll believe it when we start seeing it.
yea; I'm a little miffed about the charging and LTE stuff, but just a little. I figured it was coming.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
"Covering charging on RAN through April 2023"

Kind of lame considering there's so few sites available at the moment
There aren't any operational within a day's drive of me. Pretty disappointing. Should be April 2024 at least.

Edit: Was just estimating, but it is actually 26 hours to the closest one. I would have to make 8 other charging stops just to get to it.

markinarch

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, 2021 Kia Telluride SX
Occupation
Architect
Glad to hear they will begin inviting reservation holders to configure soon. They probably want to understand the demand between Quad and Dual motor now that more info is out on dual motor.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
There aren't any operational within a day's drive of me. Pretty disappointing. Should be April 2024 at least.
Honestly, for the charging I think the tesla model is better they should give us a flat number of charging miles on RAN, included with purchase; that expire after X years (while RAN is being built out).

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm annoyed about the charging ending in April as well, but this company can't keep bleeding cash and expect to survive. More revenue streams are needed, so it is what it is.

Taco Corp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

yea; I'm a little miffed about the charging and LTE stuff, but just a little. I figured it was coming.
I'd like to know what they consider to be "Advanced Connectivity" per the T's and C's. Without the LTE there's no music other than the not so great option of Bluetooth and playing with your phone while driving. Not to mention the navigation which in my experience becomes pretty useless as soon as the LTE drops.

My assumption is they would cover basic connectivity for navigation, diagnostics, remote access via the phone app and maybe streaming music but not the hotspot or things like YouTube if that ever shows up?

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
This is interesting, they sent two different emails to my two different accounts. One has a vehicle, one just has a preorder.

So I ended up seeing both this one and the one in the other thread.

In both cases, though, this email did not make me less anxious. The entire "membership" thing is still extremely vague and we have a second R1 ordered for the middle of next year. Not knowing what's included and what isn't with the "membership" really makes me uncomfortable.

Also, agree with the RAN sentiments above.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I’m a huge supporter of Rivian and their future, and could arguably be considered a fanboy. But good lord this email is hopeless.

There is zero information anywhere on what is actually in the “bundle” today. WTF are they expecting us to pay for going forward, besides charging and LTE? Also, will maps and traffic work without paying for a subscription? Charging locations? Tony really whiffed on this one, IMO. Leaves more questions than I would otherwise like.

Paying monthly for Nav and charging availability would be bullshit. I’m happy to pay for charging and streaming/wifi in-car.
Sponsored

Last edited: