Sponsored

Ocean Coast - Waiting or switching?

Ocean Coast pre-orders: waiting or switching?

• Total voters

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
I was originally OC as wanted something that I thought would be best for deflecting heat. I did my test drive in BM.

Upon discovering the OC issues I switched to BM in the hope of getting a truck sooner. As time passed and no truck I reluctantly switched to FE. That eventually got me a truck. So glad I did as I love the FE interior. Iā€™ve found it impossible though to take a photo that shows a good realistic representation of the color so unless you want to buy blind (like I did) you will need to see it in person rather than looking at photos.

Regarding the heat, those cabins get hot. I ended up ceramic tinting all the windows (including front windscreen and ceiling). I donā€™t think OC would have done anything to help with the heat.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RollerCoast

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE63s, Yukon, 1990 Mercedes GD250
Occupation
Healthcare
About the cabin heat, do you mind my asking what region youā€™re in? Does the A/C keep up sufficiently once you get it cooled down?

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
About the cabin heat, do you mind my asking what region youā€™re in? Does the A/C keep up sufficiently once you get it cooled down?
Iā€™m in Colorado. Had a few days high 90s. The AC could keep up even before having the windows tinted - my issue was when the truck was left in the sun, and on sunny days feeling the heat from the sun when driving.

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
I am now waiting again for the OC on my R1S. I switched to BM in May, but that did not help me with an earlier delivery date (2023). Thus I switched back to OC. I am in the process of receiving my R1T with the BM interior, it left Normal and is on it's way to the Costa Mesa, CA Service Center.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
How many of y'all are still holding out for OC on your R1T?

Sponsored

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I am. Plus I am hoping November/December will have trucks produced with:
  • Properly tightened and secured bolts for the underbody, alignment, suspension, bed interior, ... am I missing any mentioned here in the forum?
  • Other various sources of clicking, clacking and clunking noises (CV joint?)
  • Powered tonneau redesign
  • Alarm and gear guard fixes
  • PIN to unlock compartments, and PIN to drive

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I am. Plus I am hoping November/December will have trucks produced with:
  • Properly tightened and secured bolts for the underbody, alignment, suspension, bed interior, ... am I missing any mentioned here in the forum?
  • Other various sources of clicking, clacking and clunking noises (CV joint?)
  • Powered tonneau redesign
  • Alarm and gear guard fixes
  • PIN to unlock compartments, and PIN to drive
I would be very happy if the manual tonneau was out by then too... Very wishful thinking for a 4 month timeframe!

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
Still holding for OC, though I'm strongly on the fence, I switched for a hot minute to see if I could sneak a truck in earlier but heard nothing.

The Forest Green + OC look has to be one of the classiest combinations I've seen, though blue/OC and red/black also look solid. They did pretty well on the colors (though I feel like the blue looks different in every picture I see.)

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery

I'm a R1S. I dont trust LE R1S to get here before end of 2023. I switched.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I switched to BM partially because it looks better with red canyon, partially because availability and partially because I was worried about fading or getting dirty the OC.

The real reasons I wanted OC in the first place were the wood trim and how hot it is here. Iā€™ll get the windows ceramic tinted and not worry about it. I didnā€™t know that existed til I came here.

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
Me...there is no comparison. It's interesting reading posts from those who changed.

It's a psychological experiment watching people ignore the reason they picked OC in the first place and then switched to drastically different finishes just to get the truck a bit earlier. Many even try to self justify by saying OC has problems like color and quality.

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2013 Leaf S and 2006 Pilot EX-L
I switched to BM yesterday. I am tired of waiting, couldn't handle the uncertainty caused by Inflation Reduction Act and Rivian's slow reaction to it. I might switch to R1T is we don't see any R1Ss delivered in Aug/Sep.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Still waiting for OC and "manual tonneau" option as well. Official delivery est. "Nov-Dec 2022".
I would settle for "no tonneau" if necessary, but firm on OC interior.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Me...there is no comparison. It's interesting reading posts from those who changed.

It's a psychological experiment watching people ignore the reason they picked OC in the first place and then switched to drastically different finishes just to get the truck a bit earlier. Many even try to self justify by saying OC has problems like color and quality.
Very few choices in life are that binary. For me, there were reasons to go for OC but there were also reasons to go for BM. Initially my geographic location and how hot it gets here coupled with the superior look of the wood trim won out despite me not really caring for white interiors I think cream colored leather is tacky personally.

Two things have changed since then. First one is I found out about the existence of IR window tints. Now the climate issue is mitigated. Availability has also changed which pushes me further to the column of BM.

Adaptation to changing circumstances is a good sign of intelligence and even for the people who switched solely to get their trucks sooner whoā€™s To say thatā€™s an incorrect choice. Clearly their priorities align more with quicker delivery over interior color. Just because thatā€™s their thoughts doesnā€™t make you correct or them incorrect. You just have a different set of preferences.
Sponsored