Sponsored

Ocean Coast - Waiting or switching?

Ocean Coast pre-orders: waiting or switching?

• Total voters

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I am sticking with my FE and GW combination. I like the no charge OC option but I simply can't resist the stunning FE interior. The Rivian designers nailed the green hue.
Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Ya I will be waiting 4 years if it is fall that we get OC but I'm ok with that. Every time I see the pictures of OC it has so much more contrast and looks so good. I also have a hate for boring and black interiors. luckily the rivian pulls it off but still not for me.
I feel you on the black interiors, my last few cars were "not-black" interiors but then I got the GTI and there really wasn't a choice. It hasn't been as much of a dealbreaker as I thought it was, I've gotten used to it. But I paid like 20k for the GTI, and If I'm dropping near 80k on a truck I want what I want because I'll have it for a long while.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I am sticking with my FE and GW combination. I like the no charge OC option but I simply can't resist the stunning FE interior. The Rivian designers nailed the green hue.
I love white cars, but I also love blue cars and have never had one so this time I'm going RB.

GW, in my opinion, is one of the few cars that makes FE work. I bet it will look pretty good, haven't seen photos of a GW/FE combo in the wild yet though?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Waiting for OC, but I don't think it really matters for me since only pre-ordered in Sep 21. I may also switch to a max pack, so it will matter less. That being sa id, I understand people that have been waiting years changing for earlier delivery.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I love white cars, but I also love blue cars and have never had one so this time I'm going RB.

GW, in my opinion, is one of the few cars that makes FE work. I bet it will look pretty good, haven't seen photos of a GW/FE combo in the wild yet though?
I have not but taking the plunge anyway!

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I've always liked carbon fiber. I do really wonder what the OC would look like with a nice Forged carbon inserts instead of the wood?

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
The Rivian that I saw the other day had the OC interior. In my opinion it looked really sharp. My work tends to be a bit on the dirty/dusty side, so no OC for me.

OP
OP

RollerCoast

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE63s, Yukon, 1990 Mercedes GD250
Occupation
Healthcare
The Rivian that I saw the other day had the OC interior. In my opinion it looked really sharp. My work tends to be a bit on the dirty/dusty side, so no OC for me.
😳😳😳
Where did you see OC?!?

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Pro
FWIW, the Ocean Coast has a blue-ish hue to it in person. Also, a service vehicle came to do a mobile repair last week, it was Compass Yellow/Ocean Coast build. The OC interior had quite a lot of color transfer from dark jeans.

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
FWIW, the Ocean Coast has a blue-ish hue to it in person. Also, a service vehicle came to do a mobile repair last week, it was Compass Yellow/Ocean Coast build. The OC interior had quite a lot of color transfer from dark jeans.
Seems like a lot of us are taking a leap of faith that Rivian's light colored vinyl seats are as stain resistant and easy to clean as Tesla's white seats. Hopefully that holds true, but it's a pretty high bar. I'm currently flipping weekly between GW/OC and FE/OC but I'm considering switching to GW/FE or LS/FE to see if I'd get delivery sooner. Unfortunately I did see a video earlier today that had the FE wood a bit more mismatched than I'd like considering the price premium.

Last edited:

Sponsored

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
I switched from OC to BM 8 wks ago on the promise of getting my vehicle early. That never happened. Switched to FE yesterday and got a vehicleId assigned today.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
So for all of us R1S early pre-order holders who did switch from OC - has ANYONE heard anything as it relates to delivery timing? I was "March / April" delivery window - which clearly didn't happen.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I've always liked carbon fiber. I do really wonder what the OC would look like with a nice Forged carbon inserts instead of the wood?
With the price of carbon fiber getting lower every day (and the price of wood skyrocketing) you have to wonder what the cost difference would have been with say a matte forged carbon interior package vs. real wood. Even if they made it a paid option I think a lot of people would have gone for it...

Bumping this thread to see if we can get more votes. Very interesting to see that more than half of folks have chosen a different route. Although secretly that makes me happy as once OC is in production I think I will get my car sooner...

OP
OP

RollerCoast

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE63s, Yukon, 1990 Mercedes GD250
Occupation
Healthcare
I just did my first mile drive in an El Cap with BM and was pleasantly surprised by how minor the green accents were. So I’m switching it up to BM now and being open to either El Cap or Limestone. Hopefully I’ll get an invite to the R1 Shop and find something close!!

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Many of us OC holdouts might be open to switching to a different interior choice, but in my case I would absolutely have to see the other interiors live-in person before opting for a different choice. And since the nearest Rivian facility is in Brooklyn (a 3hr trip each way) there's not much chance of me previewing a Rivian live.
Sponsored