Sponsored

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
Let's keep the angry comments to ugly speaker grills only, please :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:
Sponsored

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I wonder if they are easily removable and can be painted or replaced with an aftermarket speaker grills?

OP
OP

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have found a post made back in Sep 30, 2021 and it does shows dark speakers. Dark speakers are not new.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/ocean-coast-rivian-interior-photos.2299/
While this is a good find, I think that the uproar has more to do with the configurator showing color matched grills when in fact what is being delivered is not that.

Personally, I currently don't have an opinion one way or the other on the color matching.
But given that most people are/were making decisions based on the configurator, or at the very least that is their main if not only data point, there is a case to be made that it should be as accurate as possible. (Exterior colors included, I'm looking at you limestone ;) )

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I think the black grills don't look as good as color matched.

Although I have had many OC disappointments, this still does not change my choice from OC to another color...

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Still surprised Rivian hasn't done a quick photoshop update on their website at a minimum.

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
I wonder if they are easily removable and can be painted or replaced with an aftermarket speaker grills?
Or........maybe they could just wait for the intended product for OC, instead of spare part grills used for a Rivian black interior.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Still surprised Rivian hasn't done a quick photoshop update on their website at a minimum.
Someone has to email RJ again...

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I'd give it a shot, if I find they really annoy me, $10 and a trip to Home Depot for a can of spray paint will scratch that itch!

Will I let something this minor hold up my delivery... not no, hell no!

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I may be forgetting, but do we know for sure that the non-black speaker covers are the “correct” part? The configurator is unreliable, which we know thanks to Limestone and the original Ocean Coast wood, but I can’t recall if we’ve seen an Ocean Coast interior with the color matched speaker covers in the real world.

I ask, because the issue may be the configurator and lazy rendering versus the interior shipping with the “wrong” part. It would also mean anyone waiting for the “correct” part is never going to get it.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I may be forgetting, but do we know for sure that the non-black speaker covers are the “correct” part? The configurator is unreliable, which we know thanks to Limestone and the original Ocean Coast wood, but I can’t recall if we’ve seen an Ocean Coast interior with the color matched speaker covers in the real world.

I ask, because the issue may be the configurator and lazy rendering versus the interior shipping with the “wrong” part. It would also mean anyone waiting for the “correct” part is never going to get it.
That is a good point, other than the renderings I have not seen a picture with light grills. Here is a picture from awhile ago with the light wood but darker grills. Someone who saw the new configuration at a service center said they are not black but like a darker metal color.
Rivian R1T R1S Ocean Coast Interior is Shipping with Black Speaker Grills - Photos A8D71165-0262-4525-9BDF-03FB6FDA1A58

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

That is a good point, other than the renderings I have not seen a picture with light grills. Here is a picture from awhile ago with the light wood but darker grills. Someone who saw the new configuration at a service center said they are not black but like a darker metal color.
A8D71165-0262-4525-9BDF-03FB6FDA1A58.jpeg
Ya they used to be a gun metal look just like the lower speaker grills that made sense to me and they could have done that color for all three interiors.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I noticed that this part stayed color-matched to OC and wasn’t changed to black. I couldn’t have blamed them since, per the configurator, it is black in the BM & FE interiors.
Rivian R1T R1S Ocean Coast Interior is Shipping with Black Speaker Grills - Photos 1661896581484

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
It reminds me of a Porsche 911 Linen interior.

Rivian R1T R1S Ocean Coast Interior is Shipping with Black Speaker Grills - Photos 1661897104562
Sponsored