Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Were the invites only on Instagram or were there actual email invites too?
That Instagram was just somebody showing they confirmed their event. The invites get sent by email.
Sponsored

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Tesla Model S (formerly)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Gotcha, it wasn't the OP...phew, don't need yet another time sink!

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

A CS woman who is on the team to travel for First Drive events told me today that there is only 1 team at this point and they are not announcing future dates/locations for events yet (like a rock tour). They don't want to "disappoint" people if plans change. She did tell me that she was excited to be coming to SoCal to get out of the cold in Normal. So, maybe in November or December (just guessing)?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Pretty curious when they're going to start doing the 1-on-1 visits they said they'd do.
grain of salt but someone on Reddit posted that they are having a demo delivered to their home. In NY.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

My guess is they are limiting invites at this point to people who live in an area they are willing to deliver early vehicles too. It stinks for people who don't live close enough to one of those locations, but with limited availability for test drives, the choice makes sense.

Sponsored

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 110, Range Rover HSE
Clubs

Anyone know how far the Normal invites went? 50, 100, miles away? Curious if NY will include a similarly wide net given the population density.
I live in a suburb north of Indy and received my invite to the First Drive in Normal (160 miles). It was awesome btw!

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Just a reminder from our August email….

To start off, we’ll be inviting preorder holders in the following regions beginning this month:

• Normal, IL
  • New York, NY
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Los Angeles, CA

Invitations are based on where you live and your proximity to our event sites. We’ll be expanding to more areas in the future.

We’re excited for this next moment of our journey and are grateful to have you along for the ride.

— Team Rivian

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
Just a reminder from our August email….

To start off, we’ll be inviting preorder holders in the following regions beginning this month:

• Normal, IL
  • New York, NY
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Los Angeles, CA

Invitations are based on where you live and your proximity to our event sites. We’ll be expanding to more areas in the future.

We’re excited for this next moment of our journey and are grateful to have you along for the ride.

— Team Rivian

Another reminder, it's a good idea to sign up on the website for the demo drives and events, no matter where you live. If they. get enough interest in a given area, they will be more likely to schedule an event there. Click on the yellow banner at the top of the website.

Rivian R1T R1S NY First Mile invitations going out Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 6.03.30 PM

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Another reminder, it's a good idea to sign up on the website for the demo drives and events, no matter where you live. If they. get enough interest in a given area, they will be more likely to schedule an event there. Click on the yellow banner at the top of the website.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 6.03.30 PM.png
Hum…maybe I should sign all my neighbors up? ?

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
I'm in New York and I don't have an invite. It seems to be very limited for the time being.
CT here we’ll within the ”Normal” range, have heard nothing.

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
I wonder if the Seattle Kraken played and lost their first Pro Hockey game while I missed this announcement. ??? (Since 1632). F*ck VEGAS HOUSE ALWAYS WINS. I'M a little schmammered. Go Kraken! ?

Yes that's the most unimpressive aquatic life emoji of ever but still...
I'm happy for the people of the great state of New York. ✌❤⚡??

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
Catskill Mountains of NY. No word here.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Pretty curious when they're going to start doing the 1-on-1 visits they said they'd do.

And If they're doing this once a month, then they either don't plan on letting people test drive before ordering, or they don't plan on delivering to anywhere other than Normal, NYC, and (i'm guessing) SF in 2021.

Seems like a ban-aid to to address not having either enough vehicles or enough staff to hold events concurrently. Hopefully that's addressed soon and they start having permanent test drive opportunities in these locations (assuming you can no longer go to Normal and test drive). This feels like what Ford did with the lightning this summer.

Did all of the pre-order holders in the Illinois area get an opportunity to test drive?
No, not even close

RVAir

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche 911 GTS
Occupation
Dentist, air show pilot
Feb. 2020 Preorder # 23,XXX, I'm in Ithaca right now. Doubt I'll get an invite. On the plus side it hasn't started snowing yet it's actually 73 and pleasant today.
Happy more will get to test drive congrats to those that do. Remember to check on the consumption/ efficiency displays and report back for what options are available.
I would like to hear about steering feel on-road. That has not been discussed anywhere.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I would like to hear about steering feel on-road. That has not been discussed anywhere.
I know I saw one of the reviewers talking about it from the Colorado press event. I watched them all back to back, and it's all muddled together, so I couldn't tell you which one.

But they described it as light and responsive, really seemed to enjoy the feel. But also noted that it changed with the driving mode.
Sponsored