Sponsored

Nothing went wrong during our 600 mileish road-trip…

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
on 20s?

Good to hear from a fellow Marylander. Hopefully it is not just luck and it is the QC people in our area doing a good job before delivery.
Yep, 20s. It handled it very well going up and down. I'm taking it out to Silverton, CO to try out some more things soon
Rivian R1T R1S Nothing went wrong during our 600 mileish road-trip… PXL_20220702_002438584
Sponsored

Reactions: Max

CyklopsPDX

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Audi Q5, 2017 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Engineer
After driving around Portland and making extensive use of pet mode, we started the trip home. Stopped at the Kelso EA and ran into our biggest set of troubles. The 350kW chargers were out of service and the 150kW ones were being fussy. But after trying a few different sequences (app vs NFC; plug in first or second) over the course of about 5-10 minutes, we got a session to spin up. Held a pretty steady 160kW for about 20 minutes (I guess they were having backend trouble because it couldn't link to my account and wound up being a free session, but I also don't have the detailed stats because I don't have a receipt). Anyways, another bit of running the dogs. Popped in and observed a very, very sad rural mall. And we were on our way home expecting to arrive with about 40-50mi of range.
Missed you in Kelso by a day - but I had the same issues with those chargers on Sunday (see my Scuba post). For me I finally got one of the 350kWh's to connect and charge. That Mall is ghost-town, and I barely found 15 min of time-wasting stuff to do!

CyklopsPDX

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Yep, 20s. It handled it very well going up and down. I'm taking it out to Silverton, CO to try out some more things soon
PXL_20220702_002438584.jpg
Love to read your trip report on that.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Another happy customer here with a successful trip report. Made it all the way to Chipotle and back home without a single charging issue. The center console space was more than enough to hold my dinner.
Rivian R1T R1S Nothing went wrong during our 600 mileish road-trip… PXL_20220523_230823224

Denver_Paulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan CT4s, '23 Rivian R1T
OK, that's it!!! A successful trip to Chipotle??!!!!! I have had enough of all this positivity! The good Rivian vibes end now!!!!!

I thought I could count on the all the "CCS charging sucks" crowd to get me 6 months closer to an R1T delivery by getting some people to postpone their delivery, but these super positive successful trip stories are extending my wait!!

To the good people who participated in this thread, I can only say "Et tu Brutus!"

In all seriousness, it is great to see stories of people having successful, drama free, trips in their Rivian.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Another happy customer here with a successful trip report. Made it all the way to Chipotle and back home without a single charging issue. The center console space was more than enough to hold my dinner.
PXL_20220523_230823224.jpg
Stay adventurous forever ;)

huskybrewing

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Want another success story? Took my two oldest kids on road trip from Las Vegas to San Clemente for beach camping this weekend. (Hello if you are one of the dozen people that asked me about the truck.) R1T was fantastic, an absolute joy to drive with fantastic utility. The EA station in Barstow is problematic (multiple chargers pushing out like 35kwh), and the one in Hesperia has some funky angles in the parking lot that require creativity, so a little patience required there, but that's not Rivian's fault.

Denver_Paulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan CT4s, '23 Rivian R1T
Want another success story? Took my two oldest kids on road trip from Las Vegas to San Clemente for beach camping this weekend. (Hello if you are one of the dozen people that asked me about the truck.) R1T was fantastic, an absolute joy to drive with fantastic utility. The EA station in Barstow is problematic (multiple chargers pushing out like 35kwh), and the one in Hesperia has some funky angles in the parking lot that require creativity, so a little patience required there, but that's not Rivian's fault.

Sounds like you guys had a great trip.

But, did you guys get Chipotle? I think that is now the bar for a successful road trip in a Rivian!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
We also completed our annual migration of ca. 600 miles without incident last weekend, Nothing fell off the truck and the charging went pretty well. We made four charging stops though only three were really necessary with the fourth one being done because it is right next to a restaurant we like and why not put a couple miles reserve in the tank while you are there anyway? At three of the stops there was minor annoyance with multiple tries, having to fiddle with phone apps, having to "fund your wallet" etc. Nothing earth shaking and the posts here and PugShare "checkins" had given me a good idea as to what to expect. The 4th station (Lebanon. NH - EA) was a disaster, Only one out of 4 dispensers working and that took multiple tries to get going in part due to headset errors on my part. I was lucky in that when I arrived a guy in a VW was just finishing up and he warned me that the other 3 weren't working so I got his spot and didn't waste any time on them.

All in all a very pleasant trip. You CAN do road trips in a Rivian!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
We also completed our annual migration of ca. 600 miles without incident last weekend, Nothing fell off the truck and the charging went pretty well. We made four charging stops though only three were really necessary with the fourth one being done because it is right next to a restaurant we like and why not put a couple miles reserve in the tank while you are there anyway? At three of the stops there was minor annoyance with multiple tries, having to fiddle with phone apps, having to "fund your wallet" etc. Nothing earth shaking and the posts here and PugShare "checkins" had given me a good idea as to what to expect. The 4th station (Lebanon. NH - EA) was a disaster, Only one out of 4 dispensers working and that took multiple tries to get going in part due to headset errors on my part. I was lucky in that when I arrived a guy in a VW was just finishing up and he warned me that the other 3 weren't working so I got his spot and didn't waste any time on them.

All in all a very pleasant trip. You CAN do road trips in a Rivian!
WAIT. When did you get your truck? Congrats!

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Refreshing to hear great trip reports.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Let's see who can top the OP with higher total mileage of trouble free ownership.
There was this one time, in Vietnam Band Camp.......
Sponsored

• Love