kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

2 things that caught my eyes right away after the update. Notification icon now stays visible permanently using the bell icon and the LTE icon is now using the signal bars.
Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
First test drive after update - anecdotal, but I think there’s less ping ponging on Driver+.

I also got the weird message at the end suggesting I call service to complete the completed update.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

First test drive after update - anecdotal, but I think there’s less ping ponging on Driver+.

I also got the weird message at the end suggesting I call service to complete the completed update.
I'm guessing the message is a mistake because everyone has it. It could be that they have a .4 update available that fixes some strange issue but I haven't seen it reported yet.

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Isn’t the “Call Rivian” just some mistake that got prepended to the normal message? Note how “To” is capitalized like it should have been the start of the sentence.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Isn’t the “Call Rivian” just some mistake that got prepended to the normal message? Note how “To” is capitalized like it should have been the start of the sentence.
It does smell like a typo to me as well.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

I agree; I feel like driver+ is a bit more stable after the update.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Is Rivian always so slow to push out the updates? I started seeing people getting them a week ago yet I don’t have it yet
It varies from update to update too. Sometimes I am a week, I have been as fast as 2 days, and this time was 4.

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
'66 Ford Jeep, '01 SLK 32AMG, '10 Wrangler, '19 Q7
Occupation
Autonomous Driving Software
HD radio has been turned off since the radio stopped working day 1. Also hard and soft reboots didn't fix it. Guess I'll resubmit the ticket and keep waiting for radio that works in areas of poor cell reception.
Sorry to hear about your FM radio woes. FWIW I have a 10 minute section of my daily drive with zero cell service (deep in mountain canyon) and my FM Radio works as well as in any other car (with occasional bursts of glorious clarity when HD Radio signal makes it through). Your problems are not necessarily software, as it works fine for me.

Last edited:

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Anyone else think it is good practice to do a full reset/restart after a new update? My PC requests it, why not my computer on wheels? 🤔

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Anyone else think it is good practice to do a full reset/restart after a new update? My PC requests it, why not my computer on wheels? 🤔
No, because the update does this.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
No, because the update does this.
Ok, was thinking it didn't do a full reset, since Rivian said that clears the logs.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Ok, was thinking it didn't do a full reset, since Rivian said that clears the logs.
It used to clear logs but it doesn’t anymore. You even can see a message about it saving the logs before actually rebooting now.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I'm sure it does one as part of the update, just like your PC does. It just doesn't ask first...
Sponsored